I am a 79 year old woman with a pace maker and I am trying to take care of my 64 year old son that is blind and on Dialysis. I can't find a home for him because he is on SSI. a bus takes him to the dialysis center I'm tried of taking care of him. What are my options? and I also have been Diagnosed with dementia.

SSI meaning Supplimental Income or Social Security?

I think under the circumstances a nice Nursing Home paid by Medicaid maybe what you should do. He is probably not capable of living on his own and would need lots of help to do so. I would talk to a Medicaid caseworker to see what options are available. Or contact your Office of Aging and see if they can help you thru the "red tape".
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to JoAnn29

Jazz, most dialysis centers have social workers on staff.

Have you talked to the one at your sons center about finding him a group home?
Helpful Answer (3)
Reply to BarbBrooklyn

Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter