Any advice getting Mom in and out of bed who is having trouble?

My mother-in-law has Parkinson's and although she has it mostly under control, recently she has had trouble getting in and out of her bed. They delivered a hospital bed this week that was supposed to help her, she is still having trouble getting in and out. I am looking for any suggestions or other equipment that may help. We have tried having her user her walker, but it isn't stable enough to help her push herself up. She has a cane, but that doesn't help. She has a dresser within reach but when she grabs onto it her soft hands slip and I am afraid she will fall using this. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!

It's time for a Nursing Home. So sorry to say that.
The hospital bed has side railings, right? My husband was able to pull himself up into a sitting position using these, swing his legs over the side, and hang on to railing to get up. But by the time he had a hospital bed it wasn't really safe for him to do this alone. I tried to always be in the room when he was getting in or out of bed.

Your profile says MIL lives with you. Does she have a means of summoning you? Can you always help her in and out of bed?

Once up, can she walk with her walker OK? Or does she use a wheelchair?

Ask her doctor to order a visit from an occupational therapist who may see other ways for her to help herself.

It may be that her infirmity has reach a point where she simply needs more assistance than she has in the past. Can you provide that? Or is it time to consider a care center?
the side rails of the old hospital beds are a benefit, but eventually u may want to see if her insurance will cover a "Lift". They had it for my dad, but he never gets out of bed so we returned it... In a nursing home, they usually use a lift for the patients safety and the health aid. best of luck, god bless
it takes me and my sister to sit mom up to get her to the bedside potty.. it not easy but we have to do it...

When our mom had trouble we purchased something called a bed buddy. It is a board that slides between the mattress and box spring and has a rail attached that helps give assistance in pulling yourself up or holding on to sit down. The nightstand is not a good idea as it can fall over. An occupational therapist should be called in (ins should pay) to show how to get up and down. Basically. While holding on the patient backs into the bed with the butt at a diagonal towards the pillow, this allows them to get high in the bed (bed buddy bar is just below the pillow). They use the bed buddy for support. Getting up the swing legs over closest to buddy, and use the buddy for support. It is very stable as their weight is holding it steady. The nursing homes in our state would nt allow side rails as it is considered restriction, but the bed buddy was allowed. We used it there, and at home
Bed rail that goes under mattress which you can place where convenient. Also took wheels/coasters off bed to make the bed lower to floor and bought a smaller box spring. Both ocvupational and physical therapist were very helpful, they had excellent ideas on just how to find new ways to do ordinary things. Good luck
We built a frame and put Dad's mattresses on it. So when Dad gets up it's at his height level. I found that the hospital bed was very uncomfortable, and made him feel like an invalid. Then we placed a grab rail or bed buddy under his mattressso he can lift himself. My 93 year old Dad also does exercise's everyday to keep his arm strength up. Parkinson's flucuates, sorry for the spelling, have her morning medication by the bed, have her take it when she wakes and wait 15 minutes before she tries to get out of bed. Sometimes the problem is she has no juice to get moving. Good luck, and bless you for taking such good care of her.
Excellent advice, we too gave meds about an hour or 2 before mom normally got up. This really did make a difference.
Most people think a hospital bed is the solution for bed transfer and repositioning issues but seldom is that true (plus most hospital beds are uncomfortable in the first place). There are true solutions that most people know nothing about. I have to open my mouth as I hate to see people endanger themselves or their loved ones- or go to a nursing home needlessly. If I can help please let me know.
Excuse me, I don't understand. "I have to open my mouth...." No offense, but why didn't you?? What are these "true solutions?"

"If I can help, please let me know." Help here! Now!