I currently am caring for my elderly mother. I am self-employed but the demands of caring for my mother are increasing. Is there financial assistance available for me to recovery lost funds I lose not be active with my work. How would or could I get any assistance from the federal or state govt for my time watching over her. Is there also any activities locally that she could attend so that she can have some small measure of a social life?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their parent, unless the parent is financially able to pay from their own pocket. If a parent can afford to pay you, the parent might as well hire a certified trained caregiver… thus allowing you to keep a full-time job so that you can add to your own retirement.

If your parent qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver from an Agency to come in to help a couple hours a day. Check to see if your State has “Cash and Counseling” program. Note that each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs. Some have waiting lists.

As for a social life for Mom, contact your local council on aging.... if you live in the States, go to the website link below.... click on your State.... now click on the city/county. The agency should be able to direct you.
Helpful Answer (0)

No, there is no recovery for lost wages caring for Mom. If there was, many of us here would be filthy rich.
As for activities, try your local senior center or your county office of the aging.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter