Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Well the flu shot is manditory at my hospital, even a co worker who had a bad reaction was required to take it,, they had her come in on her day off and sit for 5 hours with an epi pen beside her. She had a letter from her Dr saying she should not have it. So I assume we may be forced to take it
(4)

I wonder if it will be mandatory though. Will we need a little card we carry in our wallet that shows we received it before we are allowed entry into certain places?

I agree with others on here. I certainly don't want to be a guinea pig.
(2)

GA, personally, I think we're ALL guinea pigs for ANY and ALL vaccines that are being released by various companies. Any vaccine that hasn't withstood the test of time is a risky thing. And, who knows if it will be effective? And, who knows if everyone has to take it in order for it TO be effective? The 'who knows' are way more prevalent than anything with the vaccines, let's face it.

There is a video out there by an English or Australian woman; it's about the vaccine by Astra Zeneca. Towards the end of the video, she points to the wording on the back of the box which says,

"The MHRA urgently seeks an Artificial Intelligence (AI) software tool to process the expected high volume of Covid-19 vaccine Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs) and ensure that no details from the ADRs reaction texts are missed."

The vaccine manufacturers are expecting a high volume of adverse reactions, although they won't be mentioning that to us beforehand, most likely.

I won't be taking any vaccines until more information/statistics come out about them. And any long term effects will not be known for years to come. That's the scary part.
(6)

Pam,

Can they require you to take it?

This makes me second guess it if healthcare workers are skeptical about it.
(3)

I can tell you alot of us front line workers do NOT want to be test group for a vaccine that has been rushed through! And even our hospital is not sure we can keep it frozen at neg, 90 degrees! Needed for storage.
(6)

This is what I am wondering too. How many people will take it? Especially since it has to be kept frozen. People will have to go to a hospital for it.

Plus because it’s new, many people will be skeptical to take it.
(2)

Pfizer's vaccine is out for me.   I'm not getting anything rushed through on emergency use, especially given the refusal of certain individuals to cooperate with pandemic guidance of doctors.   I'm not a guinea pig.

I will take it after it's been through the 3 (?) level test, and administered more widely.   Something created under as much political meddling but legitimate medical need isn't anything I'm going to chance.

If there's any option to take a German vaccine, that would be my priority choice.
(4)

Just a thought, about 40% of the population gets their flu shots. Wonder if the same percentage would get the covid vaccine? And the other 60% do not?

On a second note, I wonder before one gets the covid vaccine, will they need to get tested for covid, a rapid test? Because if one has no symptoms yet has the virus, I wonder how that would play if they do get the vaccine?
(2)

I can tell you I'm not holding out much hope for a chance to get one before next fall.
(4)

The problem with the Pfizer vaccine is that it has to be refrigerated and most dr’s offices, clinics and pharmacies don’t have enough space or enough refrigerators to properly store the amount of vaccines that need to be distributed.
(4)

NGE,

Yeah, the freezing temperature is going to make it a different situation.

We can’t go to our doctor’s office or our neighborhood Walgreens to get the vaccine like we can for our flu shot or shingles vaccine. I feel for the hospital staff, don’t you?

I think that you speak for many in saying that this has impacted how we will think or feel about social interactions. Good point!
(3)

My local news at noon said that Pfizer is going to apply for emergency permission to start distributing the vaccine. Downside - since the vaccine has to be stored at such low temperatures, it will have to be administered at hospitals, which I imagine will slow down the process of getting vaccinated. It also becomes problematic in rural areas where there aren't any hospitals nearby.

I think, for me at least, the biggest adjustment is going to be when we no longer have to social distance, especially when I'm on line at the grocery store. I can see being very uncomfortable for a while when people are back in my "personal space"; it's amazing how quickly that became normal. I only hope going back will become normal quickly, too. But I can see, especially at first, people's tempers being a little frayed when others get too close to them.
(2)

Ann,

It’s true. We have all been effected by this. Some much more than others. God bless all the survivors of Covid. Glad your 92 year old made it!

It feels like a sci-fi movie.
(2)

We all have some battle or another with Covid 19, some personal, some professional, some combinations of both.

My life has been changed, but as the caregiver of a feisty woman of 92 who is a 6 month survivor of this horror, I am counting my blessings and hoping and praying I’ll see her again soon.

I’m not sure how soon the vaccine will be available to my husband and myself, and as of July 2020 our doctor wasn’t recommending it, but I sure would love to feel as though I had more freedom of mobility than I have now.
(4)

Thanks, Bridger. That’s good to know. God knows that our healthcare workers need all of the protection that they can get, along with our elderly.

How is your family? You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers.
(1)

List published yesterday said frontline workers will get vaccine, then elderly, those with chronic illnesses and on down. 25 - 40 are last. My doctor keeps a priority list for flu shots, etc. I guess she will use something similar for Covid.
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter