Find Senior Care (City or Zip)
Join Now Log In
N
needtowashhair Posted May 2018

Family member and diaper problems, there is hope. Don't give up!

For 6 years, grandma has been tossing used diapers on the floor and under the bed, trying to flush them, washing them and hanging them on the towel rack, refusing to put on a fresh one and my personal favorite of ripping apart the absorbent pad and scattering it all over the room. 3 weeks ago she started putting on fresh ones all by herself. Previously I had to wait until she was on the toilet or commode and do it then. Then just today a miracle happened. I had let the stack of new diapers in her room run out, I plead lack of sleep due to having to take care of 3 elderly. She asked me if she could get a fresh diaper to put on. I was shocked. I quickly broke open a new pack of 14 and put it in her room. She grabbed one and put it on all by herself. She even said thank you. Which is a rare under any circumstance.

So I know it seems impossible at times. I've been there. But there is hope! 5 and half years to go for mom. She's seriously in the shredding and spreading phase right now.

JoAnn29 May 2018
Sometimes you need to appeal to their sense of looking at it from your perspective. "Sorry, I really need you to do that for yourself because I am not able to because of my bad back.

Three? God bless you.

Shane1124 May 2018
Yay! That’s great! Hoping this continues for you. A milestone!

ADVERTISEMENT

talkey May 2018
Bless you for your patience! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter