Find Senior Care (City or Zip)
Join Now Log In
K
kgirl870 Posted September 2013

Acceptance

Its been 8 weeks since Mom moved in. She's frail, has diabetes, CHF, Kidney Failure, Pulmonary Hypertension. Many times she is not able walk well, uses oxygen full time. Lots of challenges. Anyway, I realized this week that I feel more peaceful. I have more acceptance. I find I'm not taking things quite as personally. So I guess we have a new normal. I know that another medical crisis, fall or something will happen, but I'm appreciative of the peace I feel right now.

Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences and letting me know that my feelings and experiences are universal. I helps a lot.
Kristy

anonymous158299 Sep 2013
the angels just make sport of me. suckers, im bakin bread and theyre not.

kazzaa Sep 2013
I agree with JB ive been alot better since ive SURRENDERED all this crap to the angels and God and im not a huge religious person BUT there is a saying or prayer??(gulp and im catholic!) "give me the strength to change the things I can and the courage to accept the things I cannot" so true!

ADVERTISEMENT

JessieBelle Sep 2013
kgirl, I understand. I remember the peace that came to me when I put things in God's hands. I'm not a very religious person, but when it all gets too hard for me, I find so much comfort in just putting it all in His hands.

Jinx4740 Sep 2013
Congratulations! Once you know what it feels like, you can get it back if it escapes. I remember a time when I was fretting over 2 surgeries, child care, the job, and limited sick time, going around and around with possibilities. It suddenly came to me - "You just don't know what's going to happen." I recognized that truth, and my limited ability to control things, breathed out, and felt calm.

Enjoy this moment. You might also enjoy the story - the tiger and the strawberry. Google it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter