Find Senior Care (City or Zip)
Join Now Log In
R
robert888 Posted May 2010

When the Basics are all that's left.

My dad writes less and less in his journal these days, but maybe it's still pretty clear. He wrote this tonight -- it doesn't have the year or month anymore -- Paul is my dad's name.
I guess he pretty much wrote down all that's important, didn't he.

Monday 10: 8:00 p.m. Paul at his desk. Robert home, Sally home.
9:30 p.m. Paul goes to sleep.

Tuesday 11:

tennessee May 2010
Alwaysmyduty,you just described my mate to a tee-no day was complete with out learning something new.He was so witty and smart.He was such a good story teller.Brain cancer took all of that from me. You were so lucky to have such a great dad.

AlwaysMyDuty May 2010
My father was a very studious man. After work and excercise each day, it was time to read, study and take notes. He said a day wasn't complete unless you learned something new. He could converse on loads of topics and I was in awe of him. As a little girl, I thought he hung the moon, and I'm proud to say when he left, I felt the same way. As Alz started to progress, the notes no longer made much sense but he kept at it. I still look at them once in awhile after all these years and try to imagine what he was trying to say. The day he stopped writing was such a sad day for me. What I woulnd't give to see him sitting in that chair, book, paper and pen in hand, happy as a lark learning something new every day. What a wonderful dad he was.

ADVERTISEMENT

linda09 May 2010
awww , hes running out of things to say ugh , well at least he still writes , my dad hasnt wrote anything in a year now .

ADVERTISEMENT

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter