Even though my mom gets help, is there a program to help us with our bills and loss of work because we take care of her?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Shey - look in the money and legal section of this site. This question has been asked and answered over and over in several different threads. The bottom line is that there is little help - nothing will replace a regular income or hours of lost work. You can deduct a parent/adult if they live with you and you provide more than 50% of their financial support (add up all rents/mortgage, % of the electric, heat, water/sewer/garbage, food, gas to doctors - anything you can think of).

There are lots of other ideas in the $ and legal section - look for things like " can i get paid to stay home with mom/dad.."

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support