What is Medi-cal?

Can Medi-cal legally run my social security number at my bank, to find out if I have any other accounts there? They recently sent me paperwork to fill out asking for asset and property info. I filled it out, and gave a copy of my bank statement. Now I read somewhere that they can actually use your social number to see if you have any other accounts there. Is that true? Doesn't that go against some privacy rules or regulations? Does anyone know the answer to this question?

YES, they are allowed to determine if you were truthful when you completed required paperwork for Government Support. Government support is supposed to be for the indigent. They always verify accuracy. You should have nothing to worry about if you were truthful.
Medi-cal is the State of California's medical insurance program for the indigent. To qualify, tor assets and income must be below a certain threshold.

If you want government help, you have to disclose your information.