This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Perhaps he would respond to a request from the doctor's office to come in and update their records, (or another non specific request)

Then call the doctors office, and have them send him a letter (to your address I assume?) asking him to come in to UPDATE HIS RECORDS,. Of course you can advise them that you feel that your fathers needs additional 'testing' observation, etc regarding his health.

If you do not have healthcare proxy, see if this is possible to establish this so you can 'help' your father without worrying about being able to access his health records. This will also give you the ability to talk to the doctor about his care.

There are many 'fibs' that you can use to get him to the doctors, and if he still likes to 'get out and about' make an appointment at the doctors and then that day, drive to the doctors office,and say: "I need I go in the doctor's office to sign some papers, come inside with me Dad, it will only take a minute."

Once at the doctor's office, they should be able to take over and have him examined. IF you can stay with him so you are aware of what is going on, but don't interrupt or contradict your father. If you cannot ask if you can speak to the doctor another time, or if you have specific concerns that you feel need to be addressed immediately you can write them out, print them out and leave the questions at the doctors office for the doctor to answer for you. (Email is great for this too).

Offer to take Dad out for 'ice cream' or lunch, or whatever else motivates him!

I hope this helps, and I am sure that others will be offering their suggestions too!
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter