I'm named as the tertiary Agent on my mother's POA, however, I'm the sibling who has the time to act as my mother's agent to sell a second home and close/transfer bank accounts. Can my sisters (who are dual or independent agents) just declare they are unable to serve, so the POA can come to me? Does this declaration need to be a formal document, or can I just tell any third-parties that I am the designated POA?


If you will be selling real estate and handling bank accounts, you need to consult with an Elder Law Attorney to make sure all your ducks are in a row. This is not something you should rely on opinions and advice of an anonymous forum for. Every situation is different and you don't want something to come back and bite you.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to Ahmijoy

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter