Hello everyone. My mother is extremely hard of hearing, and having to shout answers to her questions over and over again (because of her loss of short-term memory) is about to drive me crazy. I recall that some years ago there was a type of board that children and others used that had a dark slab with a cellophane-like grayish plastic sheet over it, and if one wrote on the sheet using a non-leaded pencil, the written areas would stick to the slab, making the letters appear black against the otherwise gray background; the writing was "erased" by pulling up the sheet so that it no longer adhered to the slab. This would be perfect for communicating with my mother, but I haven't seen one in a long time and I can't remember what they were called. Does anything know what they're called? I hope they still exist. Thanks, Bob.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Thanks, freqflyer and JessieBelle. I think I'm going to go with the Magic Slate and there's absolutely nothing to get messy and nothing to replace. I just need this when sitting by my mother's bedside. Her vision is still good so she could read this with no problem.
I appreciate both your help! Bob
Helpful Answer (0)

We used the white board with my father. They sell them, along with the special pens, in the school supply section of stores. They are very handy when someone can't hear.
Helpful Answer (3)

I remember those, I checked the Internet and found them.... Magic Slate. Looks like Amazon sells them.

You can also get what is called a "white board" where you use special black pen to write, and it can be erased. It is made in 5x7 or larger.
Helpful Answer (4)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter