Find Senior Care (City or Zip)
Join Now Log In
B
Bunnyo Posted July 2014

I realize the letters are to shorten the words, but I don't know what they stand for.

Could someone make a list please.

freqflyer Jul 2014
Bunnyo, I know what you mean. I thought at first there a lot of people writing here were moving their loved ones to Arizona [AZ], Alabama [AL] and New Hampshire [NH].... really, I did.

GardenArtist Jul 2014
Making a list of acronyms would be quite time consuming and might or might not address the ones you find puzzling. Perhaps you could list the ones you don't understand and others could explain them. You're more likely to get targeted explanations that way.

ADVERTISEMENT

jeannegibbs Jul 2014
This is a problem on nearly any forum or discussion board that focuses on a topic that has its own jargon, or that has certain terms that get used over and over.

I wish this site had a FAQ page (Frequently Asked Questions) that would list the most commonly used word shortcuts.

Here is a thread that you might find helpful and entertaining: https://www.agingcare.com/discussions/abbreviations-168663.htm

What I do when I run across an abbreviation or acronym that I don't understand is open another window and do a search for it. It is surprising how many of them can be found that way. If someone posts that "My mother has XYZ" I will look XYZ up on the internet and quickly learn what kind of disease that is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter