Find Senior Care (City or Zip)
Join Now Log In
O
OlderBarbie Posted March 2010

My eyes are always red & one eye is sore & weepy.

freqflyer Nov 2016
Allergies can play havoc with one's life.... I had 13 years worth of allergy shots and they did help. But don't go overboard with hypoallergenic the house. My parents did when I was a child and I think that made it worse. I would go from the "bubble" to outside and sneeze like there was no tomorrow. Sometimes we need the allergens to help us gets immune.

As I have gotten older, I have been using regular eye drops for bothersome eyes and that helps. Also, have my bottle of allergy pills, very low dosage, now I am able to cut the pills in half.

Diannanimal Nov 2016
Both of my eyes are continually swollen, leaky and really really red. I have been to several doctors and they don't seem to know what it is. I recently went to an allergist and it was determined I am highly allergic to dust mites but the doctor does not think that is what is causing the severity of my condition. I have changed everything in my house to hypoallergenic materials and I am going to start allergy shots but I don't know what else to do. I look like a demon because the whites of my eyes are completely red. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

ADVERTISEMENT

brucedixon01 Apr 2015
Is this due to allergy? If so, try to consult your doctor immediately.

Tina5488 Mar 2015
I had red eyes for so long, more than two weeks time, one month back. I remember washing it many times thinking it was due to dust. I had underwent a laser vision correction for my other eye from See By Intravision (Oakville) at that time. So, I even doubted it was something related to it. But later I found that it persisted for long. I must say tear drops helped me recover. Why don’t you give it a try. Hope this helps!

pepper08 Dec 2011
I am 54 & I have similar symptoms since having a sever case of pink eye from my granson. Pryor to pink eye I had severe dry eye in the right eye now it is weepy & red after two months. My opthomolagist has suggested eye biopsy but gave me scary possible results I do not know what to do?

toadballet1 Apr 2010
Mom had similar symptoms...was a bacterial infection...go to the eye doc. immediately. Could just be allergies...or could be more serious.

NancyH Apr 2010
What does the ophthalmologist say?

ADVERTISEMENT

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter