This is new to our family and we need to know if there is any help with paying for someone to stay with Dad, like an 8hour shift pay?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 2 of 2
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
Try your state Web site under "aging services" or something similar. You'll find out what local options are available. Some states offer more than others. Also, if he is on Medicaid, so,e care may be paid for. Even federally funded programs are generally locally administered, so one rule doesn't apply to all (in most cases).

Good luck,
If your father was a veteran, please look into the AID AND ATTENDANCE program from the V.A.

This website should help you determine if he is eligible for A&A. I pray he is!

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support