Is there any information on how my 56-year-old old sibling with Alzheimer's can get assistance in PA?

Asked by

Is there any information on how a sibling caring for a 56 yr old sibling with Alzheimer can get assistance in PA? I see selections for parents and friends but nothing on siblings who care for there siblings. My family was paying a friend to care for my sibling for 8 hours while I was at work but I recently was downsized from my job and now they say that they can't pay me anything for caregiving because there is nothing in SSN forms that allows a sibling to be compensated for 24/7 care. So they will pay half the rent and half the utilities but nothing else.

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
You county should have a Dept for Adult and Aging Services. Also call the local hospitals to see if they a support group for caregivers. The facilitor of the group has a wealth of knowledge and can help point you in the right direction.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support