Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
Uh.... you've been doing this for how long? So she can still do things for herself and her attitude hasn't changed, and you even get PAID - wow. Oh - and you have an understanding hubby to help. So things are great for now..... right.
(2)

I know this is old, but I always wonder what happens to people? I love an update to each of these caregivers story. As soon as I read this I thought of Depeche Mode's song, "Walking in My Shoes."
"Try walking in my shoes.
You'll stumble in my footsteps"
(3)

You are very much to be commended for your commitment to caring for this lovely woman. I am happy that it is working out so well and that you honor and appreciate her. But please please do not be judgemental toward those of us who are exhausted, sick and emotionally depressed while going through a completely different experience. My loved one was a charming, funny, independent, easy going man two years ago. He still has a few lucid moments each day, but for the most part, is an angry, confused, totally different person who barely functions, has awful nighttime incontinence, does not recognize me, calls me ugly names, tells me to get out, and so much more. His delusions and paranoia and restless nights are exhausting to the point of feeling hopeless. He cannot be placed because there is no money. I am here 24/7/365. I truly hope his never happens to you. Please be more understanding.
(3)

Dear She1934,

Sending you love and hugs. I know its a tough road and you are such a good person to carry on. We all do the best we can every day. It sure isn't easy.

Maria Shriver has a new book. A reporter asked her about what she has learned being in her 60s. She said she is kinder, gentler and less judgemental. I really try and hope I can carry on those values in my own life.
(3)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter