Where can I find help to pay for oxygen?

33

Answers

I have a client who has no income, and is fighting to get on dissablity. she despratly needs to get on oxygen, we are trying to find her some assistance, can u help?

Consumer has prescription insurance but it doesn't cover her oxygen. Is there any help out there?

my husband was placed on oxygen 5 years ago and at the time i had insurance to pay for it i have recently retired and have no insurance and can not pay for it wellstar came and repossed it the man took the canulas out of his nose where can i find help he can not get ssi because the say i draw too much

doctor has written rx. for oxygen we charge it on our credit card card cause can,t afford it.. is ther help to pay for this. has no part b ins.

i filled out hardship papers with people who we recieve our oxygen from they said they maybe able to cut our payment in half. see if your copany does this service

Try seeking help from the county that you live in.

Excuse me but not everybody can afford money to come off their social security check, that check might be all they have to live on..my Mom is lucky enough to be living with me and I feel so sorry for others who don't have anybody to help them at all

GET MEDICAID, ALL OF YOU.

It sounds to me like you're on Medicare. Sadly, your situation is not the first I ever heard where are Medicare won't cover something that someone needs. You can get a supplemental insurance or just ditch Medicare altogether and go with an alternate. You can look into Medicaid and see if you qualify, but you may also face the same issue unless your doctor can do the paperwork. If not, I would just go with an alternative insurance company and maybe even get two or three others if you can afford it. See which insurance companies cover what and go from there, you shouldn't have to pay for expensive oxygen out of your own pocket

Lawilson, is this doctor who's checking with a pulse ox a pulmonary doctor? Has she done the more complex tests of an overnight test, as well as another test, the name of which I can't remember but involves sitting in a booth and having oxygen levels measured during various activities?

I get the impression the doctor doing the pulse ox testing is not the pulmonary doctor, although they've given you similar advice.

Ask them to start with overnight testing. Sat rates can drop drastically during those periods. That would get Medicare reimbursement for overnight oxygen, as a start.

As I recall, one of the other tests to qualify my father for 24/7 oxygen involved testing while the individual was at rest, while moving, and I believe after walking or exercising. (It's been a few years since those tests, which didn't qualify my father for oxygen other than at night. Still, it was a gradual process to get to 24/7 oxygen reimbursement by Medicare).

One of the problems of using a pulse ox for finger testing in a doctor's office is that the "exercise" is so limited it often doesn't reach the level of needed oxygen assistance.