Follow

Is anyone else having trouble getting in their profile? Yes did notify administration. For the person who messaged me, sorry I haven't been able to read it or respond.

Because this is a Discussions board we need a "general" or "other" topic.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
I haven't had trouble. Wonder what's happening.
When I write here and want the admins attention I sometimes write "ADMINS!!!!!!!!!" and it seems to draw them. I used to have personal emails before the changes to Forum, but think I do not anymore.
Reporting my comment so admins will be drawn here, JoAnn. With some nutjob here trying to cause trouble they are going to need a big mop this weekend morning. And how DO they know--the troublemakers--to start wars on a weekend?
(1)

JoAnn29, hand raised, yes my Profile has been down for some time now. I can't get into yours.

Yet I was able to get into other member's Profiles. Maybe the Cloud where we are stored is dealing with winter storms.
(2)

JoAnn29, I just noticed that Geaton777 and BarbBrooklyn profiles are also down.
(2)

FF yours is down too.
(1)

We are not having any winter storms where I live. All very north of me. We were scheduled for flurries but did not happen. Not that we have not had our share of snow and ice storms, but not for the last few years. TG, my stubborn DH wants to shovel it. I tell him we are retired so just let it melt. We so have a snowplow at my DDs 4 houses down but will he walk down there to get it...no.

We live on the Del River not far from the bay. Because of where we live, storms seem to bypass us. We never have it as bad as the states that border of us.

This profile thing is new in the last couple of days. Thanks Alva.
(0)

JoAnn29, sigh, guess we are in time-out for some reason :)
(1)

Yes, my profile is down. Lots of tech issues on this site of late.
(1)

If I were a person who personalized this stuff, I might think that they were trying to get rid of some of the long time posters, those of us who don't respond to trolls and who don't foment arguments.

But that's not who I am. So I will just assume incompetence.
(4)

It would be nice if an Administrator would at least acknowledge that they saw that Alva reported the problem and give us a heads up.

I will try to report from here. Did send an email when it first happened.
(5)

I just sent on another email asking the Administrator to acknowledge they have received it and are aware of the problem.
(2)

JoAnn29, yesterday I also sent the Adm an email because it has been going onto two weeks that this feature has been down. New technology is so much fun.... NOT.
(2)

Ive been able to access my profile on my android phone and laptop with windows 10 Excuse missing punctuation or run on sentences. Cant seem to find things lol
Bought this thing 3.5 years ago and maybe used it 10 times.
(1)

I am able to access my profile with no problems - on my laptops _(Windows 10) and my iPhone

It doesn't seem like a site issue. When I have tried to contact admin over an issues and got no response it has usually been because it was my problem not the site's. On the other hand - who knows???

I agree some feedback would be good.

There is a General topics https://www.agingcare.com/discussions/general-topics-213495.htm?orderby=recent
(0)

It's very strange that it is only some participants and not others. No, storms would have nothing to do with this problem. It is an internal technical issue of some sort. I get that global websites are complicated, but they could at least acknowledge the problem somewhere, somehow so that we don't feel gaslighted. Gaslit? whatever...
(2)

Joann, problems everywhere now, I think. See post from Geaton in On My Mind. We are all having problems today.
(1)

I got a reply email

"Hi JoAnn29,

Thanks for your patience on this. I can’t find any issues with your account in our database, and the AgingCareCM profile is working correctly. I’ve informed our tech team that this glitch is affecting you and a few other members. Hopefully they’ll have this fixed soon!

Best,

Ashley Huntsberry-Lett"

I replied back that there are a few long time members with the same problem and that others are saying they can't get into our profiles to message us. I referred her to "Discussions" and "My Profile" post. Also told her I get that Kitten with "oops". This comes up usually when a post has been deleted or the poster left the group so its them not me.

Will try my phone to see what happens.
(5)

Just tried Geaton's messaging on her wall.
She has asked for help too.
Cannot access her PROFILE.

When clicking on her screen name, it goes to the
Whoops, error cat, tech is working on it.
(2)

Our entire site is a mess today.
First off Send, I am sorry for misquoting you. Herewith my public apology as I tried to send private message to you apologizing and it would not send. I realize words matter and I misquoted you on that OPs question as well as offending the OP herself with my poor wording. I tried to apologize to her as well and I could neither edit nor apologize and the site is asking me to log in each time and not letting me make a post on discussions about the computer glitches on the page.
So I am SORRY ALL AROUND and as to the page not working it is not working and I sent an email to moderator@agingcare.com and to Ashley, hopefully the NEW ashley that things aren't working. Now to hope that THIS is working.
I think I will take a few days off!!!!
(2)

At this point I cannot post anywhere, even here, so if you are seeing this, apologies all around to OP Anon, to send for misquoting and to everyone. I am
A) unable to post. It goes through then disappears
B)Create a post asking admins for help
C) am having to re log in every time I come but unable to comment.
I am out of here for a week. And if I come back and it's the same I am pretty much done. This is not at this point adding to my life, but subtracting from it. That's when I leave all things.
(2)

This is strange. I clicked on Joann & FF profile and got that cat error message. No problem with Golden or ITRR&Sendhelp profile. Seems random
(2)

*ANYONE WITH PROFILE ISSUES* Try checking your firewall or security settings. I recall this happened to me once. I just went in Incognito mode and couldn't login to my account. Makes me wonder if you have a VPN problem
(2)

Admin-Bandy7 is also unable to contact admin and having problems. See below
Catskie62
If you receive this, PLEASE HELP or try to reach out for me.
I haven't been able to post anything here for the second day now! I wrote a dozen different thoughtful responses on threads yesterday, on my end it appears as if they post at first, but then they never actually show up in the thread or on the recent activity list or when I refresh the page.

I tried to message AC yesterday morning, didn't get a response. I've tried everything rebooting, using a different browser etc. I'm getting pretty frustrated and discouraged. I have no idea what to do. I can see others are having problems as well. They can post but don't have access to their profile pg. I can see my profile page but can't post!

Can you perhaps copy this msg for me and post it on the MyProfile and On my mind threads where this is being discussed and then report the post, as another attempt for me to get help with this from AC. 

I hoped it would be fixed by today, but I just tried to post on those threads and it plain will not let me post! I seem to be able to read what's happening just fine and it seems as if I can vote & like posts but can't post myself.
What should I do?
Bandy7 see less

(1)
(2)

This is what the Administrator sent Alva

"Ashley said could I please not makes posts out to them in discussions but put them in the threads. So they removed those, and in doing so they removed my ability to do ANYTHING".

I also had a response and told the Admin that she needed to look under discussions "My Profile" and see the others that all having problems.

I was able to finally get thru from "About Us".
(0)

Looks like my profile is up. Thank you!
(4)

My profile wasn't down but my problem appears fixed now. Thanks JoAnn for running interference for me. Thanks Send for forgiving me. My apology to the OP I offended is now posted three times so it can't be claimed I didn't try.
I will be coming in daily to check on Lea, and otherwise taking the week off, and I know you guys can defend the fort better than I ever could, anyway.
All take care.
(3)

Hi, all!

Our dev team is aware of recent issues with the forum and member accounts. The posting issue has been resolved, but it seems that the profile issue is separate and persisting for some of you. Hopefully they'll roll out a fix very soon.

Please continue posting any additional complaints/updates associated with these two issues on this thread instead of starting new ones. It's much easier for our team to investigate and respond when all relevant information is available in one central location. This approach should also make it easier for members to monitor the status of these issues.

Thank you all for your patience, and apologies for any inconvenience this has caused!
(8)

I am having problems posting this morning from my Kindle fire. As soon as I start to type, the screen turns white and goes to the bottom of the page. if I scroll back up to start typing again the same thing happens.
(4)

Starting 2 days ago (Tuesday 2/28) whenever I clicked the "thumbs up" on anyone's post I get automatically logged out. It did it again this morning when it was the first action I performed on the site. I logged back in and this problem went away.

I doubt any of these problems are a firewall or security issue, as my issues started when I have changed nothing on my MacBook Pro. It all just started happening, which means it is coming from the site itself.
(6)

I think it is useful to the admins if we post what specific problems we are having and on what device, using which browser and under what circumstances.
(3)

The device I am using is a desk top computer, current version of Windows. My browser is FireFox.
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter