Follow

Is anyone else having trouble getting in their profile? Yes did notify administration. For the person who messaged me, sorry I haven't been able to read it or respond.

Because this is a Discussions board we need a "general" or "other" topic.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
The AgingCare Tech Team has released some fixes to the issues surfaced in this thread. You can read about that here: https://www.agingcare.com/discussions/an-update-on-technical-issues-fixes-and-upcoming-work-from-the-agingcare-tech-team-480848.htm
(1)

One thing about being 80.
It is just SO easy to walk away.
(3)

All this speculation is absurd. I think AC is doing what it thinks it needs to do to increase traffic on the site. Quite frankly I am tiring of it quickly. It drives me nuts! They are rapidly losing readership, so many have become so rude, cannot answer questions without writing a book!

The speculation initially and then more speculation to try to legitimize the first speculation. FFS!
(4)

Need, I loved worried. Was she abrasive. Oh, yeah! I loved the Captain and Ahmijoy and so many others.
I sure agree with you on grudges. That is heavy baggage, there. Hauling around the past is impossible. Just the other day I got called a practicer of Nazism, and was told I needed to get "tested". They didn't mean for Covid, hee hee! What are you going to do? That's on THEM. Can it pack a sting. Sure. But if we don't know who we are no one else can convince us.
By gones are by gones. No one can even remember things. There's no sense hauling stuff. Half of it is that someone was lied to. Half of it is they are having an awful day. Mostly it isn't really about you.
Stacy, I would bet that the admins here haven't even a CLUE of past history here. Not a clue. And I wouldn't think they would care at all, either. If you were A Place For Mom, would you?
(0)

Stacy,

Yeah, that’s true. Conflicts will always arise.
(0)

Stacy,

I liked WorriedinCali. Some people didn’t. Loved Captain too!

I never expect to be appreciated by everyone. I never expect to like everyone. We’re all different and we aren’t attracted to everyone on the planet.

A couple of people weren’t nice to me but I wasn’t looking for approval from anyone. I was seeking support and information about caring for my mom.

I also think that it is ignorance speaking when they are unkind. They haven’t walked in that person’s shoes and they simply don’t understand their situation. I never hold a grudge. It’s a waste of time for me.

There were many great posters who helped me and the ones that didn’t I didn’t pay any attention to.

I think that it’s perfectly fine for everyone to have their own opinions and personalities. I’m a live and let live person. I like nonconformists! I don’t expect anyone to change for me. Be true to yourself.
(3)

@JP,
cwillie could be right that it could be site glitches, esp. since they ARE having problems, but yeah, the whoopskitten is still there on those same questions from early April. About 5 or 6. Go see if you like.
cwillie says that has happened. Not that I have ever seen, that's for certain. In fact unless someone commented on an old post, bringing it up top, they just faded away.

So yeah, go up on the "High Road" as I call it and look at old posts, try to get their profile and you will get whoopskitty which I assume means there IS no account. That many folks got offended and left. Nope. I don't buy that one. Admins working on the site? Sure. Makes sense to me.

As to explanations? I got one when my profile went down. Asked and received. As it happened Bandy and I apparently had our profiles go down in a slightly unique manner in that we could post, but it would quickly erase itself. So for days we could not post. Need may have had this. With my memory don't ask ME.

I asked and was told that this sometimes happens when you have been "reported". As it happens I had been told that day that an OP found my comment to her "rude".
Though I apologized I would imagine she would still have reported it. I would have. I was told that if you are reported it sometimes flags the account until admins check it out? So that was my explanation. As to explanations of others, they are as you see on this thread. If others have been given explanations they have not shared them with me.

As to planted questions, why would anyone PLANT a question? Just for chaos? Who knows. I do believe there are people who love trouble and foment. I do believe there are people who have grudges. I don't ask for details and don't have them.

Someone today suggested to me a Suggestion Box thread. But you know all these members will all have differing wants and needs. Herding cats, you know? cwillie wants discussions melded into questions. I would like to see it disappear off the face of the earth, and the melding of it into questions would have me doing my 12 step to break the AC addition real quick.
So we would all disagree about what we WANT. I myself, give me a block button and I am good to go. I love pressing the block buttons. POOF. Gone!

So that's it. If anyone is uninformed it is likely me. You want a pure OPINION (some don't, ha ha). I think that when the "other" AC was bought by a place for mom it went different. I think that it is now more or less a tool, an advertisement, a draw to just post ads to. Not a criticism. My brother used a service like this and absolutely LOVED it. It's like reverse mortgages, good for some and awful for others.

Anyway, don't have any other answers and don't like to take up space here with all this, but will answer if you pm me (public or private;) I am good either way.

Take care.
(1)

I opted out of receiving emails from this site. I don’t need any extra emails. I opt out of most subscriptions that are offered.
(1)

I do think the site generates new comments by featuring questions in their emails and social media pages, and that's nothing new.
(1)

I know that one was the 30 something person whining about how their parents and inlaws were driving them crazy when they visited - I tried to be kind to them when I really just wanted to tell them to grow the f up 🙄.
For some reason it got quite a bit of attention, even though in my mind it had nothing to do with caregiving. It wouldn't surprise me at all that they left the forum.
(4)

II am checking my feet for hair, Need!!!!!
(1)

Maybe some people are trolls. That’s not uncommon for online communities. Or they are just a bit odd! 🤣

If I ever need to create a new identity like Golden did, I think that I will really confuse people by choosing the screen name, ‘The Three Faces of Eve.’ I am showing my age but I age but I love those old films! JoAnne Woodward was phenomenal in that movie.

Just kidding…I don’t know if everyone remembers those old films so they wouldn’t get that it was only a joke.
(2)

Jeffrey, I can see how this would happen because just yesterday we saw how EASY it is to make another identity here.
I had not known that, Luddite that I am. I thought they had access to our IPs unless we were clever enough to know how to hide them, and could therefore prevent duplicate accounts. Yesterday we all got locked out and several people made another account IN MINUTES.
Golden announced openly that she was golden, but coming in as nana as she couldn't get in as golden. Turned out no one could.

Anyway, at this point, I would say anyone can be anyone. Am I alvadeer or am I 27 other people also. Certainly easily could be if all it takes is making another email account, right. Heck, I will be anyone you care to make me; multiple personaliity whiz. I love it!
Yours is an excellent point.
I would say that sometimes people will jump to conclusions.
Wrong ones.
For instance, when Stacy and I are doing that thing we do, she always says to me "What's the matter with you".
You said it the other day and fully THREE people wrote me emails THAT DAY to say you were her.
So, join the happy cat herd, and on we go.
I never much liked liked discussions. The day they take cwillie's advise and meld it into questions is the day I leave. (Don't get too excited). Other than books I used to stayed . With Lea's illness I wanted to keep up on what's going on with her without bothering her with private messaging, so I ended up more in discussions. But I have to say, it hasn't been fun for me. So I think I will have a sudden epiphany and head back up to the high road. While they may have gone to kittens, it can be fun to herd cats! Right?
Don't worry about people calling you other people. Just enjoy.
(1)

cw,

That’s true because they are unsure about it. It’s confusing to us though, wondering if they do or don’t have Alzheimer’s disease.

They need a generic pick like miscellaneous! LOL
(0)

One truth I've learned in my life is that when you look for evidence of something you almost always will find it.
(2)

I am sorry you don't, cwillie. I am great with our agreeing we disagree.
(0)

And Alva - I don't see much difference between outright calling someone a troll and speculating about them not being real people.
(2)

Need - I think some of that is because the site insists on picking a topic to post under, so people opt for one that seems to fit (or maybe they even just pick one at random)
(2)

cwillie:
I didn't accuse them of being trolls, but I have been here for 4 years. This didn't used to happen.
My checking profiles for more information isn't unusual. TODAY I checked because it was mentioned right here, and I was curious about the reshuffling we are seeing of questions without there being a new response to them. I think we can ALL admit that's happening?

I read these questions: I had commented on these questions 10-15 days ago. There was no abuse of the OPs (they are all still there and you can see that for yourself) and abuse of OPs is in fact rare on AC.
I am not saying these are trolls.
I am wondering if they are real people at all.
It has been suggested over and over that this page is "different" recently since it was purchased. And it was ME, if you recall, who said these people were in fact buying into conspiracy theories.

Turns out, much as I may loathe having been wrong, I may have to rethink that.
I opened this without any accusations.
I am not making any accusations now.
I am saying that this is very unusual for this page.
And it is.

If we want to say, "well, they are interesting questions anyway, then we can do that, and just answer them as we always do". I am fine with that. As you know I pretty much answer EVERYONE.
It's my two cents. For what it's worth.
(0)

I’m sure that a lot of people delete their accounts after their loved ones die too.

The profiles don’t tell the whole story. Some are wonderfully written, other times confusing and even blank if they have chosen to remain private.
(2)

Site glitches
Their question has been addressed and they have no desire to remain members
People have accused or harassed them or the answers were unkind or unhelpful so they have deleted their accounts

Checking profiles can sometimes be helpful when there isn't enough info given in the question to answer properly, but IMO it shouldn't be used as a way to judge the legitimacy of members - just because people chose to not fill out their profile or they have the same unresolved issues for a long period of time doesn't make them trolls

And old questions have always popped up when someone looking for a similar topic stumbles across them and they feel compelled to comment, it only takes one comment to bring an older post back to life. I believe it's something like 6 months of dormancy before threads are locked.
(2)

Today on Questions I checked on the profiles of those questions that are old, reshuffled in from beginning April.
Fully FIVE have no account anymore.
Or at least when you try to access profile the "whoops kitten" pops up.

What might be explanations for this, does anyone know?
The only explanation I can think of is that they were never really real posters? Out of 10 questions it seems unlikely that five OPs would have left within 10 days of posting a desperate question.

Trying to figure this out.
I am wondering if any admins looking in would have an explanation for 1) why old questions are so often getting shuffled back in and 2) why there are no accounts for all these folks after only 15 or so days? Thanks a lot.
(1)

Newbie,

Iphone here. I’m one who has been locked out of my account.

I am amazed that people continue to answer posts from a year ago! But they probably aren’t looking at the date because AgingCare is choosing to rotate them to the front and newer posts are pushed back and sometimes don’t even surface again. Makes no sense!
(1)

I've fortunately had no problems with logging in, getting bounced off, or accessing my profile on AC. I really feel for those of you who continue to have problems. I wonder if it has something to do with the device a person uses to access AC and the browser they are using? I use my Windows laptop generally, and the Firefox browser. My phone has android operating system and I also use Firefox there.

I do find it annoying that older threads are popping up quite regularly now.
(3)

If they would up just set it back to only one notification per thread I would be a happy camper. Receiving notifications for every post to a thread is ridiculous! They had reduced the number of threads in News feed, but now it is back to 25. Probably 2/3 of them are for two threads. Absurd and redundant! If I want to read all responses I will simply open the thread and do it! That may even fit down on the bickering that we see so often which is really tiring!
(2)

I’m beginning to like Barb’s idea of making a new forum more and more! 😊
(0)

Is that on your phone Glad? Because everything looks the same on my PC.
(3)

Glad,

I have never understood the rotation of questions.

There are questions that are years old that pop up. The current questions are lost in the shuffle. It’s baffling.
(3)

Somebody is doing something. The main page now has eleven questions and eleven discussions instead of the usual twenty or so, which I hated anyway.
(2)

Geez! I was logged out as well but was able to get back in. I think this is a very difficult problem for AC to solve based on how many instances there are and not necessarily the same. Golden was able to create a new account just to get back in. I thought that AC had figured out a way to stop the ability to create a second account? Guess not.

Seems to me they would be wise to get a tech expert to look at it. Or even some high school kid might be able to fix it. Or, on the other hand maybe that is the problem.

Wonder when the IT staff last changed. Or maybe they started with a new consultant for this purpose? Whatever it is, it did not solve any problems only created more.
(6)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter