Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
windy - ur friend's husband dictates what's for dinner? Not sure I would like cooking then either.

Glad you and your mum get along foodwise.

Gary likes most things, but watches what he eats, which I admire. You are what you eat. He is very self disciplined that way. He has a sweet tooth, but doesn't overindulge. 6'2" and 185 lbs. and still wears clothes he had years and years ago. Of course, hauling hay and horses helps to keep him fit. Neither of us care much for breads or white potatoes (except for latkes and baked).

cap - that particular craving in not something your body needs - something it wants, but definitely does not need. Glad you are giving your liver a break.

My frig is pretty full right now - good thing as grandson is coming over to cat and house sit. He will clean it out. :)
(3)

windy,
i think cravings are your bodys way of getting what its needing. ive been craving a pint of loud mouth but my liver says no. wish these different biological systems would stfu and get along.
(4)

emjo, my guy is like that. Never craves anything and eats what I put in front of him. I just can't understand that mindset as I CRAVE things. I start thinking about dinner in the morning! LOL Glad my guy is like that.

On the other hand, a friend of mine does not care much for cooking and she has a husband that calls her in the morning with his wishes for dinner. Drives her nuts!

Sometimes it would be nice to have requests on the days I'm not so motivated. It's nice when my mom asks for something she cooked for me in my childhood. She was a great cook and I'm happy to not have to think about 'what to make' and get out her recipes.

I may have my problems with my mom, but when it comes to food, we're A-Okay.
(3)

pts - he never asks what's for dinner. If I ask what he would like he says "Surprise me!" He is very easy to please and will even eat those dishes that once in a while don't turn out right.
(3)

I was not clear - they ordered in pizza for lunch so I did not have to worry about him having chicken twice. In that office on a Friday they are all gone at 4:30 except him! He thoroughly enjoyed supper, and I still had lots of leftovers! I have at times cooked thinking he was coming home and he wasn't for one reason or another. I am getting him trained to call before 5 if he isn't coming home for supper, as he is usually home for supper between 7 and 8. I should say he has supper and I have tea, and maybe a nibble, as eating late doesn't agree with me.
(3)

Oh emjo and they wonder why when you decide to quit cooking a beautiful meal. When they ask what's for dinner, tell them "Reservations".
(3)

Made the Thai coconut chicken last night with brown rice and asparagus, and also an orange ginger chicken, as G had taken one like the coconut chicken for lunch. Need not have bothered. They ordered in pizza at work. So lots of leftovers and I made up 4 lunches for him and still have some chicken for me. Need to get some wild rice. I usually mix brown and wild. I made the impossible coconut pie. I would not call it a pie, or a pudding, or a custard but it was a good dessert and healthy - eggs, milk, butter... Next time more spices. G had some for breakfast while I made the latkes and maple sausages.
(5)

Oh I so wish everyone could come!!! We'd need a barrel of vino.LOL
(4)

And what time shall we be there Assandache7 ? I will bring the wine. :)
(1)

Roast chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, stuffing,peas,roasted asparagus, cranberry sauce topped with gravy... And the best part, chocolate cake with butter cream frosting!!!!
(4)

If anyone has a good recipe for "angel cake" id love to make it. We had this in Texas at my uncles wedding it was devine! Unfortunetly it was baked by a top chef at the Hilton but would love to try it.
(1)

Jeanne HA !! 1 girl scout cookie!! I was just complaining that the boxes are getting smaller...Let's just say my husband bought 3 boxes from a co worker's kid and they are "long gone"..
(2)

Should probably send this in a hug, but whats a little over-share amongst friends? Lol, sent the pink one (female version) back, that thing sucked compared to blue, male version. Just so ya know. But, as I recall, blue one rocks. Does something a little different and special to the spine. It takes a minute… you have to relax into it. -and for everyone else, talking about Sacro Wedgy here. Hugs.
(2)

Alison-
never heard of Yonanas! I will check it out. How is that wedge thing working for you? What's it called? Now I am thinking about one of those for me too. But I am 5' 10 " so I better get the blue one.
(2)

leftover bean soup. too cheap to buy an onion. ( moms voice )
" i ainta payin it , let em keep it " .. lol
(1)

I am STILL out of Ice Cream. Shopping tomorrow!
(0)

A local store is offering $5 rotisserie chicken from their deli. Can't pass that up, right? So last night we had chicken, garlic mashed potatoes made with buttermilk, and oven roasted broccoli, cauliflower, and mini sweet papers. (We do love our veggies!)

Then I looked through a 2006 Betty Crocker check-out stand recipe book for Rotisserie Chicken, and the very first recipe in it was for an easy paella with chicken, shrimp, and chorizo sausage, all of which I had on hand. It also includes "chicken-and-garlic rice and vermicelli mix, which turns out to be Rice-a-Roni. Would you have known that? :D Along with it we had a cute little bowl of canned peaches with fresh blueberries and kiwi, with a strawberry garnish. (We do like our fruit!) And a GS Thin Mint cookie for dessert.

The canned peaches in a jar from Costco are the best canned fruit I have ever eaten. They are almost worth a Costco membership in and of themselves! I used to put them in Coy's milkshakes. They make a great base for a hot fruit compote, too. Good stuff.
(4)

Boni, made me laugh. Reminded me of Tony Robbins talks where he says things like … "So you don't want healthy dessert, ok. BUT IF YOU DID want to eat healthy dessert, would Yonanas work for you?"
(3)

Dinner tonight...hubby has been on vacation this week and I am off work today...so we are bbqing hamburgers with raw veggies, potato salad, red onions and tomatoes....no snow here so bbqing is a year round thing.
(3)

I like REAL Ice Cream. NO low fat! NO low sugar! Lots of chocolate chips, or fudge swirl.Get real AllisonBoBalison! Don't Make me come down there!
(5)

Hey glad, have you ever seen the Yonanas Ice Cream Maker thingy? I've always wondered if that worked… supposedly you can just make an ice cream like dessert from mashed bananas?

Anybody ever use one of those things? Because its a great idea for healthy desert, if it works, and tastes good.
(2)

Don't mention ice cream. Mom is lactose intolerant, causes massive explosions! She love it, though and is always looking for it. Have bought the coconut milk ones sometimes and she seems to like those.
(3)

I got a treat last night. A new girlfriend of mine, someone I'd met in the area here, invited me to go to little cafe where she knows owner, another nice lady. And owner made some special treats for us: a lobster bisque with thick pieces of lobster in it, and a greens salad with some tasty pieces of chicken and grapes and pineapples on it with some red wine vinaigrette dressing. It was a really nice small size supper. : )
(5)

I made Mom 1/2 of a Manhattan tonight for "happy hour". Today marks 32 years that Dad is gone, and we felt a toast to him was in order.
She still got her can of Coors light with dinner. You can't eat Sausage and pepper heroes without a beer!
I will be pouring her into bed a little early tonight.
(5)

Hee. My delivery wagon is stuck in the driveway tonight. My bad. :) Would if I could though.
(2)

Windy? You deliver? Sounds great! I've got a major sweet tooth. :)
(0)

Boni, I made an angel food cake two days ago. Box mix, but it's pretty darned tasty when served with strawberries and whipped cream. I'd be happy to share! It can't beat ice cream though.....
(3)

Out of ice cream. Grrrrrrrr. :(
(0)

Tilapia and Asparagus:)
(10)

psteigman thats a great idea for lent!!!! LOL well i managed to get my sister to get mum to paris for easter she will have her for a whole 12 days YIPPEEIA!!! i hope my sister gets a good dose of how difficult mum is i cant wait until she comes whinning to me of how bad mum was BUT then mum is always so different around her but 12days is hard to keep up an act?
I just want her to see mum at her worst aggressive and well "mad" as i dont think my sister believes how bad she can get if she dosnt get her way!
12 days of nothing to do just me and my cat!
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter