Follow

Sorry to say, but this site has been so depressing for a few days. I thought I'd ask an average, everyday question....to make us all feel a little more normal today.

I made Eggplant Lasagna, and my BIL and SIL are coming for dinner. They leave for Cali tomorrow to see their beautiful grand daughter.

Sorry, sometimes we just need some REGULAR conversation.......or at least THIS caregiver does.

Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
I cranked the temperature up to 450°F and put it in speed convection mode while the chicken rested, the onions got a little burnt but the crispy potatoes make up for it 🤤
(4)

Hot dogs, TGIF potato skins. 😂 I did put them in the air fryer so that makes them healthy, right?
(3)

Can you stick the veggies in the microwave, maybe finish the cooking
(1)

I stuck a chicken and some veggies (potatoes, carrot, onions) in my little oven, the chicken is done but the veggies are still hard. Do I eat the chicken or wait?
(1)

Golden,
It never occurred to me! I will try it. Thanks!
(1)

Artist,

Sounds delicious!
(0)

Snowed in CO last night, so we made stew. Husband cooks the meat because I don't know how and left to me I'd leave it out. Then after hours of simmering I put the veggies in with the meat in an order that assures they will not be over cooked. He would over cook them. Chives and onions from the garden. Tonight we will have the left over stew because it is even colder outside now. I might make some biscuits to go with it if I stop painting in time.
(4)

Anxiety,

Some like it hot! 🥵 Sounds like your husband likes it very hot. I love spicy food. My husband is a wuss when it comes to heat.

Thanks, Golden.

I love cabbage but I have never cooked fritters. Will have to try that sometime.

My husband and I cook together well. My only complaint is that I am faster than he is. He takes his sweet time prepping. I can run circles around him by the time he is done.
(2)

nacy - hide them for sure!!!

send - you could cook pasta ahead of time (when that demon isn't around) and freeze it for later use.

Cabbage fritters again tonight
(3)

Enjoying cooking with my dH in the past. We are a team, usually.

Hoping the kitchen glitches, criticism, argumentative behaviors pass by soon.
His and mine!
It is not like me to ever throw away food, even if it's not the best tasting.

Putting pasta on the 'do not cook' list for awhile for when I can build up more patience.
(2)

Husband has been trying to cook once a week the last month. One meal, was suppose to be a pinch of red pepper flakes, he put in a teaspoon, yesterday he decided to make beef stew, he put in 1 tablespoons of black pepper.

And he doesn't even like hot foods, so no clue what he is thinking. 😆

If he cooks again I think I'm going to hide all the peppery spice's
(3)

Need - A very happy 46th Wedding Anniversary to you and DH 🎈🎊🍷

send - I'm so sorry. Sounds like a mess.
(3)

Sorry that dinner was ruined, Send.

Pasta is one of those things that can’t be salvaged if it doesn’t cook properly.
(2)

Dinner went into the trash before it was done.
The little kitchen demon turned the heat way down on the pasta,
and after waiting, the timer went off. Not done, and stuck together.

This is an ongoing issue, happens way too many times, so I have to try and save the pasta-it never cooks right or tastes right.

It's going to cost him.

Upset now.
(4)

Need: You're quite welcome.
(1)

Thanks, Llama 😊
(1)

Need: Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary!
(3)

Ali,

Buy fresh fish. If you do get frozen allow it to defrost in the fridge before cooking it.

I didn’t cook tonight. We ordered takeout, grilled salmon and a salad for our dinner. My husband picked it up on his way home from work.

Our anniversary is coming up and we are going out to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate 46 years together.
(3)

cd - meatballs and spaghetti is always good. You have quite a load at home with your kids and your mother.

pam - I haven't tried the smoked beef ones but I like all the ones I have tried. We must get a grill. Only gas grills/bbqs allowed here.

eva -I've never done fresh tuna though I have eaten it seared. Must try it. How do you prepare it?

Tonight was pan fried fresh salmon, tartar sauce, garlic herbed roasted baby potatoes, peas, wilted cucumber salad.
(3)

Golden,
Me too, love borscht as well,
and fresh salmon, big difference between fresh and frozen.
Today dinner is fresh tuna and quinoa salad and greek salad. Also will make banana bread with dates for hubby, his favorite.
(2)

Golden they were the smoked beef ones, they stay so juicy on the grill. I love all their flavors! They were great on the grill!
(2)

We had meatballs and spaghetti leftovers last night and my husband will make a fresh round today.
(1)

@Geaton

Borscht with the pork, sour cream and the pumpernickel bread. That's exactly how my MIL used to do it. Sometimes she'd get the marbled pumpernickel with rye. It was so good.

How do you do your pork? She'd do a pork shoulder. Boil that meat for a long time with bay leaves, salt and pepper then trim the fat and finish it in the oven with garlic and onion. It was delicious. I haven't had borscht with the pork in years.
(2)

Love borsht!

Ali - I've taken to only buying fresh salmon. I find there is a big enough difference between that and frozen salmon to make it worthwhile for me. it's one of my favourite foods!!! I buy a large piece and enjoy it both hot and cold.
(4)

Ali, I don't eat fish, but I defrost of my frozen meat, I thaw it by putting it in very cold water, in a sealed baggie, and change the water every so often. You could try that.

Lemon meringue cheesecake 🤤!!
(2)

reheated pizza :D
(2)

Lemon meringue cheesecake, mmmmm! I've never heard of that, but I love lemon and cheesecake.

Borscht, pork, sour cream... that sounds really good.

I made baked salmon tonight. Simple, easy, and always tasty. I've got to get better at defrosting the frozen fillets so they aren't soggy, though. The key is drainage and paper towels, I'm thinking. Lay them on paper towels on a rack in the frig instead of letting them thaw on a plate. Or I might start buying fresh instead of frozen. It's so convenient having a big bag of individual frozen fillets, though.
(3)

Borscht with pork and sour cream, with pumpernickel bread. Haven't made that in a long time... perfect for this cold and super rainy day.
(3)

Lemon Meringue Cheesecake

Rotisserie Chicken from Costco.
(3)

Golden,

Yes, the Italian sausage is so yummy! I make sausage and peppers over pasta for my Italian husband! So good 😊.

I can’t wait for my bell pepper plants to produce peppers 🫑.
(4)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter