Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
My boarders are out tonight so it was just me, and I needed quick and easy and a reasonable level of carbs. My blood sugar got too low while I was running errands. I took a single banana through the checkout lane, stood there and ate it and then continued my shopping.
Dinner was Stove-Top Stuffing with a can of Costco chicken and sauteed fresh mushrooms and onion. Not bad, but too salty. I shouldn't have used broth for the liquid.
(3)

Leftover Mac and cheese tonight, but I'm gonna make up for it on my vacation! I better pack my sweat pants for the trip home.
(3)

While we talking about BBQ and summer, what about fresh, ripe tomatoes? And fresh green beans? Looking forward to those garden veggies!
(1)

pork chops brining - thought I would try that. Alfredo pasta, brussel sprouts, spiced apples, strawberry and spinach salad with a poppy seed dressing
(1)

Ismiami: I hadn't even thought about that! I love summer and the smell of steak on the barbecue and a nice salad... chicken seems to be about the only thing we eat anymore....I may start clucking soon!
(2)

Pork chops and onions and spinach salad.
(4)

reminds me of an old joke. a history buff hired an artist to paint something depicting custers last battle and possibly last words. the painting was of general custer, a cow with a halo around his head and hundreds of indians lying in the grass copulating. custers last words ; holy cow, look at all the f*****g indians..
(2)

"Holy Cow"! Eating steak and beef stew, just does not sound right. You remind me of the ad campaign where the cow is campaigning for "eat more chicken". LOL
(1)

HolyCow, beef stew! With rice! Yummmmm. sigh.. It's almost 6pm and you all are making me so hungry. You just reminded me that I need to stop by the store and buy a 20 lbs bag of Jasmine rice for $22.00.
(2)

Book~Rice sounds yummy too!! We are throwing out healthy eating for one night, LOL!! I hope you enjoy your time with your baby bro...I bet you are excited to see him.
(2)

I had a steak but did not feel like barbecue so I cut it in chunks and made beef stew for everyone and sister brought home some sour dough bread....Yum!
(3)

Sharyn, that's my kind of food - light .. but I'd eat it with rice... I just spoke to baby bro long distance. He's arriving tomorrow and he's panicking because I did not assign him seats - which I did. He just don't know how to read his itinerary. Anyway, I gave him the heads up that I don't cook. Nor do we have food. So, he better be prepared to have $$ to buy food. Then him and oldest sis can figure out between them - who is going to cook it. =)
(4)

Tomorrow is a work day at home...much to do!!! A lazy dinner, not for the heart, cholesterol mined, but we haven't had this is a very long time so one night won't hurt.....eggs, bacon, toast, potato pancakes, saute mushrooms with bell peppers and onions.
(3)

Thanks captain. My mouth is watering already.
(0)

celery really makes stuffing happen, fyi..
(1)

light veg stuffing, lots of apple, can of corn. stuffing = sauteed vegs, bread crumbs, egg. season to taste. bake that sucker till it smells up the whole neighborhood, at that point its done.. sage and red pepper are good in stuffing..
(1)

hello diners! Just came across the captain's layered pork chop dinner discussion. I don't eat pork very often, but that does sound good. I may need a few more directions though.

One pork recipe I do like is Pork and Barley. Stuff the pork chops or loin with sauteed barley, peppers, onions, and celery (sometimes mushrooms too). Bake. Yum.

Tonight, despite the beef comments, I'm having a hamburger. My cooking energy went to breakfast because my son is home from college: French toast, my recipe, and topped with ground nuts, berries, nutmeg, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. He loves it.
(4)

ewww .. I'll cook and cut them up to make stuffing and gravy, but not as a stand alone dish. Too strong a flavor for me. Glad someone likes 'em. Better than wasting 'em.
(1)

chicken hearts. he
(0)

pumps?? Do I wanna know?
(0)

got in a good ( hard ) workday today. stopped and helped edna eat up some of her surplus of ( meals on wheels ) . no need to waste the stuff even if it is culinarily challenged. one meal contained chicken gizzards and pumps. a real special treat for me. lol
(0)

That was a real friend!
(0)

I've had my oven go out on me in the middle of making a wedding cake! Argh!! Good thing I had a friend with a working oven and sense of humor. Arriving at 11 pm with a KitchenAid under your arm and a grocery bag of ingredients would not be viewed as funny by just anyone.
(4)

I used my Macys Rewards to "buy" me a Magic Bullet. I think with father being bedridden and only drinking nutrient drinks is as exciting as watching a snail cross the road. I've decided to just buy it and then wing it when it comes to making nutritious Variety of drink. We have growing in our yard 3 different kinds of mangos (Haden, regular and carabao mangos), bananas, papaya trees and orange. When I have time, I will google some healthy drink mix for him.
(4)

thx windy - I will wait and see what Kitchen Aid does when (if) they contact me. I have hand washed the parts as I wasn't sure if they were dishwasher proof. I find if I clean it right away it isn't bad. I will look for a Cuisinart immersion blender, My imm blender bit the dust a few months ago and I miss it. Roasted acorn squash is another fave. I would pass on the couscous - allergic to gluten - and add a green veggie. G and I stick with one high carb item per meal - e.g. potatoes or winter squash or biscuits or rice etc. and add veggies. Brussel sprouts or asparagus are good with it. Spaghetti squash is one of my current likes.
(2)

Kazzaa, ROFL laughing, especially about the cat! Envious of your celebration feast. Sounds like a great time. Love that!
(1)

Emjo, I've been impressed with my Hamilton Beach food processor for going on 6 years. Got it through a rewards program my husband had at work. I wanted a Kitchen Aid but wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. It's been sturdy as heck until recently with my pizza dough making bout. I've had to keep my hand on the top to hold it down when the dough gets really bound.

For veggies and soups it's great. Does slicing and shredding in seconds. Love it except for the cleaning as is with all FP. It's all dishwasher friendly though so that's good.

For small work, I love, love, love my Cuisinart immersion blender. That puppy is SO easy to clean. Whip up your dressing. Pour in serving container. Whip up soap and hot water in the cleaning container. Whir, rinse and you're done. Did I mention I love my it? Yes. I'm a nerd...

Gosh, those pork chops sound so good. Roasted acorn squash and some couscous on the side? :)
(3)

Today here anyway is "pancake tuesday" ok so the catholics will get it. We pig out on pancakes today then tomorrow we give up something for "lent". Im giving up worrying!!!!!! HA!
anyway i made a stack of pancakes with sugar and lemon then maple FLAVOURED syrup (cant afford the real maple stuff here). Then for dinner we had chicken and mushroom crepes with a cream sauce. Then more pancakes for supper.
Yep mums a diabetic and ive got high Cholestrol anyway cant stop farting!! did i say im intolerant to "wheat".
Getting strange looks from the cat? the 2 yrs ive had him hes NEVER farted!! He looks concerned!!

Anywhoo going to ROLL up to bed now too many pancakes but hey hoh "its tradition" no more until next year now.
(3)

assandache - I did that years ago with a turkey when we had company over. We ate vegetables for supper!
(4)

Lamb Chops, rice, peas and grilled onion. Same ole same ole with Mom. She doesn't have a taste for much these days. I am so sick of my own cooking! Vacay next week, and I am going to eat all my fast food favorites. The hotel has a Nathans, Arthur Treachers, and Haggendazz all on site! Woooo Hoooo!
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter