Follow
Read More
Finally made for breakfast that bread with the egg in the middle hole. I bought the wrong cheese. The guy in youtube said it must be cheddar or any other kind would be a disaster. So, I made it without cheese. Used my new griddle that fave niece got for me for Mother's Day. Wow, I was able to make 3 breads at one time (2 for me, 1 for sis.)

It's 3pm and didn't eat lunch. I was hoping sis would at least cook the rice. Nope. So, I just finished making dinner for tonight. Spent like 15 minutes cooking the frozen 1/2 bag of Garlic Chicken (has pasta, brocoli, etc...). The small one burner kept shutting off. It only turns on HIGH position. So, I think I overcooked the pasta. =(

I also cooked a Lot of rice so that the leftovers will be made into fried rice for tomorrow's breakfast. I'm off from work tomorrow due to the holiday so I'm already thinking ahead for breakfast.
(4)

^^^ Gross, cap, that skunk comment is just… disgusting! What in the world is wrong with you sometimes? Please eat something and take decent care of yourself. :-)
(4)

i could eat the azz out of a menstruating skunk tonight .,.
dont know what'll happen , im exhausted , might just eat out of the sugar bag . lol ..
my aunt edna usedta batter and deep fry cauliflower chunks . them sh*ts are pretty good ..
i bought some collared greens once and my kid wanted to know why . a little bacon and white vineagar and it didnt take him long to figure it out ..
(0)

Baby Lamb chops, with buttered rice and Eggplant, lightly breaded and sauteed in olive oil and garlic. Out of ice cream (blushes) so I threw a cake in the oven. Otherwise, I might have eaten the can of frosting with a spoon!
(3)

Too funny....Boni and Emjo - I stopped at a little market on the way home and grabbed a flurry for me and a sundae for mom. Dinner is frozen pizza. Living the high life, we are.
(2)

Double Crisp Honey Garlic Chicken, Rice, and Broccoli. It was really yummy!
(2)

judda:
cauliflower soup - boil up a chunked up cauliflower with some onion and garlic, celery seed, turmeric till soft. I use not much water so I can incorporate it all into the soup. Toss it in a blender (I do it in two batches) and blend adding some (in my case non dairy) milk. Then I adjust the seasoning - salt and pepper, and if I want a cheesy flavour throw in some nutritional yeast. If you eat dairy, use grated cheese. It is hot enough to melt stuff. That's about it except a sprinkle of cheese or non dairy cheese stuff on top. Cayenne can be added and/or roasted red pepper flakes. You could boil other veggies with it too, for variations. If you add green beans and leave out the cheese it turns out much like pea soup. Let me know if you try it. G's mum gave me the idea.
Wedding date not set - need to move mother, repair the basement and a few other things first.
Yes, we will go on a honeymoon to somewhere warm.
I met G online - actually met a lot of guys on line and got two proposals before I even met the guys, and before G. Thankfully he was in the same city, otherwise it might have been a, well setup, good looking, 6'4" jet plane pilot in Massachusetts called... I forget. lol Nah, G is nicer.

boni - I did the same to a 1/2 pint of non dairy choc hazelnut ice "cream" the other day, though I left two spoonsful in the bottom of the carton. I am blaming my thyroid which is high and makes you want to eat everything that isn't nailed down. I did it once before many years ago with a carton of black cherry frozen yogurt. Mmm mmm good. That is not a failure - it is an accomplishment

yaya - it sounds good!
(1)

"Italian casserole" tonight...it's a concoction I more or less threw together one night years ago in an effort to use up some leftovers, and it turned into a family favorite: elbow macaroni, homemade marinara sauce, crumbled ground beef, crisp crumbled bacon, and mozzarella cheese. I layer it like a lasagna in a large casserole dish, top it with the last of the sauce, sprinkle more cheese and bacon bits on tip and garnish with a few slices of pepperoni. If I didn't have to cater to some persnickety eaters (hubs included) I'd probably add some mushrooms, black olives, and slices of bell pepper into the mix as well.

Captain - boni's got a great meal all planned for you...look a few posts back!
(2)

emjo met g at the gay rodeo . im a sore loser , sue me ..
(0)

I posted this under "failures" But it really belongs here. Don't JUDGE me!
I had an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge chunk. Best dinner EVER!
(5)

my female doc said dont overdoit , thats exactly what i plan to do. i still have a pinch at my waistline , ill be ok ..
(0)

Hey Emjo: what's in the cauliflower soup? That sounds good. I've tried making my own concoction. I bet I'd like yours. When's the wedding day? Are you going on a honeymoon? How did you meet G?
(1)

Gary stays on board! I remember the first stew I made for him. With a far away dreamy look in his eyes, he declared that it was about the best gravy he had ever tasted. I think I have told that story, but can't remember where on AC. Buckle down and make yourself some food, cap. Your liver needs it.
(3)

emjo , im starving tonight . are you sure you wont toss gary under the bus and join my cootie platoon? probly not . boni , feed me d*mmit , i cant live on handfulls of pills ..
(2)

More meat loaf, this time with a mushroom sauce from heaven. I love building layers of flavour. I had added a little sherry but it needed something more so I gave it a shot of red wine too. Just the ticket and it will be better tomorrow. At the end of the week I need to do dishes that I can use to pack lunches for G to take with him on the weekends. Tonight I will serve fresh corn and a green veggie with it and boil up some potatoes for the lunches. He doesn't usually have corn and potatoes - it keeps his lean cowboy figure. I have been nibbling today, so cauliflower soup for me.
(1)

It's my hubs 57th birthday, so we splurged with steamed shrimp and steak, sauted portabella mushrooms, deviled eggs and cole slaw, with cupcakes and Ritas custard and gelatto for dessert. Daughter joined us, Mom ate a big plate full ( rare for her) and Dad loved it all. We all had a good time!
(3)

i had cheese tortellini and my pasta sauce, ciabatta bread for us a soft white for dad and a apple/celery slaw that was just in food network magazine. Watermelon and chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
(2)

Pulled a bag of spaghetti and a bag of meat sauce out of the freezer for dinner tonight. It's been a long, busy day and it's going to be a longer, busier night....and I STILL haven't done the darn dishes....
(1)

Patty Melt with lots of cheese and roasted potatoes. And a double chocolate malted "ensure" for Mama. :)
(3)

Eight- that does suck. My mom side swiped a car many years ago in a new car. She left a note on the car....it ended up being their insurance agent, LOL!
(4)

ah, dinner bologna sandwich and a and w root beer. lol. have to take the car in tomorrow to get a new windshield here's the corker a rock hit it when I drove under a highway overpass and READY.. I haven't even made the first payment on the car yet.LOL.. cheer up guys. when I get depressed reading these things I just stay off the site for a bit till I catch my breath again.
(3)

put some m - f 'in cut up bell or sweet peppers in that meat loaf and youll be happ ' nin ..
(0)

Meatloaf does sound yummy...maybe for Friday when I'm off again. Tonight is round steak simmered with onions. Broiled zucchini sprinkled with mozzarli (sp?) Cheese ans home made potato wedges roasted olive oil with salt and pepper and smoked paprika.
(1)

emjo...yummmmo...meat loaf, mashed potatoes and peas...my favorite meal of all time....now I AM hungry... re the smoothies....I am moving on to work with hiding veggies in them...hehe
(1)

Think this belongs in the failures and accomplishments thread - not what's for dinner ;p. I could go on a fantasy trip here, but I won't.

Meat loaf, mashed potatoes and peas -with mushroom gravy, pie for dessert. Now we are back to normal.

Jeanne it is all your fault - you mentioned the will-you-marry-me caramel apple cake. ;)
(2)

The stop sign was a "thing" when I was young,

yaya - I think we left ours in the apartment when we moved out, What an image of your mum tooling down the road - scary!!! - and funny

hope22 - you are the smoothie queen!

sharyn - well, it wasn't my mind or my soul he was after, lol. If any of you have done any on line dating, you know what I mean.But he was different. He did want a relationship. Something to not tell your grandchildren - at least until they are older. I thought it was bad enough with ex who is 16 years younger than me.
(1)

I was laughing at the stop sign. My brother had one in his room
Joan- I can see why you are pursued by a younger man. You are a very intelligent woman as well as a beautiful soul.
(1)

No Sharyn - before G - a 23 yr old who wanted a relationship. He would have been a good catch if I was 50 yrs younger - good job, nice apartment, vehicle, etc. Other than pursuing me he was a normal young man. Go figure..
(1)

Bahama.
. Bonk and Joan!!
(1)

let me add that I blended the heck out of it...just stirring doesn't have the same effect
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter