Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Coffee used to do it to me for acid reflux. Used to have two cups a day, now one cup of green tea instead.
(1)

Bookluvr, thanks for your helpful suggestions. Mom has been modifying her diet and tries to stick with simple things that won't upset her stomach but even bland foods like toast or ensure drinks make her throw up. Doctor has her on promethazine and omeprazole but she still continues with an upset stomach. She only drinks maybe a cup of water per day and I think some of her problem is related to dehydration but no matter what, I can't get her to drink more. Will keep trying.
(1)

Sherri, maybe with your mom, it's the tomatoes in the spaghetti sauce. I have acid reflux. So tomatoes and anything sour (may also include the salad dressings if it has vinegar) would upset my stomach. If I happen to be very hungry, I try to avoid pizzas, lasagna and spaghetti. Because of an empty stomach, I end up with severe reactions to it. However, if I was nibbling food throughout the day, I can eat the pizza or spaghetti without any major side effects. I think with your mom, maybe try to give her samples of bland food and see how she reacts to it.
(2)

Took Mom to bingo, they served spaghetti and salad. Mom got nauseous and we had to leave early. Lots of foods affect her like that these days. Came home and had frozen yogurt.
(1)

must not have gotten my sugar buzz tonight , having a pancake at midnight .
had to start a little fire in the stove , damp evening ..
the rural king in my town is selling 6 full size hershey bars for 3 bucks . i didnt think they were good . ill get a couple bags of baking chips to snack on .. pretty cost effective if you need chocolate ..
(2)

Thanks to Kaz I had a BigMac and fries too....and now I'm going to get some ice cream...chocolate....perhaps with a big blob of peanut butter....might as well glue it right on to my hips
(1)

I'm still eating casseroles: enchiladas, hamburger pie, mac n cheese, fruit baskets, edible arrangements, tuna salad, boiled raisin cake and apple blueberry pie. Truly comfort food. I think I'll make tea with the floral arrangements too.
(10)

heh . im guessing theres so little beef in one of them that one cow could make the next 300 billion hamburgers , kaz ..
(1)

Went to Mcdonalds pigged out and am now starving!!!! how come you never feel full after a bigmac??? Stomach feels a bit dodgy too but it was yummy! havnt had one for months!
(1)

Costco spinach ravioli, costco pesto, costco frozen veggies, costco pinot grigio. Mom is in hospital, got a pacemaker yesterday. Will prob be discharged tomorrow. I realized yesterday, when I was there all day, in icu, post surg etc...I'm not good at the warm and fuzzy stuff. I know my mom loves me, but after I'm standing awkwardly by her bedside for a bit, she looks around and asks for my sister in law who thank God is there.
(2)

ya beat the h*ll out of a pork cutlet if you want to make a sandwich out of it jeanne ..
i stop in the evenings and help edna eat her meal from the local mission . its a shelter for homeless men so the boxed meals are usually quite generous . the mission still gets govt american cheese and it isnt soy oil and yellow dye -- its freakin cheese ..
mcdonalds can rot in h*ll . a quarter pounder has gotten as small as a single burger , cokes are watered down , fries briny from excess salt . theyve cut till they dont have a product left -- hope they fail ..
(0)

It works best if you pre cook the bacon but last night I bought the boxed partially cooked bacon and just wrap around the middle of each spear but the thicker ones are better. The pork tenderloin I cut in about 1 1/2" pieces and pound to about 3/4" thick lightly with the rubber mallet. Dad doesnt handle a knife too well so this helps a bit.
Tonight a chicken hot dish with biscuits on top. Forgot to buy milk to drink though.
(1)

Haven't figured it out yet but I have a huge beef roast to carve, portion and freeze ... my dogs will have some of that for supper :)
(1)

for some reason, a Big Mac and fries sounds just about perfect here too....
(0)

Not cooking tonight just dont want to! I would love someone to cook for me for a big change?
Im going to Mcdonalds and im going to pig out! Big Mac,fries mayo and choc milkshake i will feel like crap after but i dont care! Mmmmmmmmmm crappy food
(1)

57twin. I love pork tenderloin! But, gee, it is probably the most tender cut of pork there is, I can't imagine pounding it thin (or pre-chewing it, as captain has so picturesquely put it). That must be for some reason other than tenderizing it, right? Then how do you cook it? Saute? Asparagus with bacon sounds awesome. Tonight I roasted our asparagus by tossing it in a mixture of olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic granules, and Parmesan cheese. It was the second time I've done that and so far it is our favorite way to have asparagus. But I'm going to try the bacon. Exactly how do you do that?

Along with the asparagus tonight we had a chicken hot dish with egg noddles and a creamy sauce. Black plums & watermelon as the sides. Comfort food all the way!
(1)

ingenuity codger. i once made brownies in the army over an oxygen / acetelyne torch . freakin cooks were too slackjoweled to prepare what was sent to the field for us . the icing was more brownie mix , only not as well baked..better than some of the gruel the cooks slapped together anyway. 57, when i usedta butcher pigs id take a bunch of cutlets and pound flour into them on top of a stump . i used a cheap clawhammer that the claws had broken off of . essentially , youre prechewing the cutlets for lack of a better term . seems to me a mallet would bruise the h*ll out of them.
(0)

Marinaded port tenderloin which I cut on pound thin (use a rubber mallet works better than a kitchen one and much cheaper), mashed potatoes and the ever present asparagus (roasted with bacon tonite . Leftover dessert from yesterday to finish.
(1)

I love animals too but I'm planning on keeping chickens and maybe other pountry for meat and eggs so we (me and the dogs) healthier.
(0)

Gonna make pizza on the grill tonight! YUM. I add garlic and basil to tomato paste and smear a large tablespoon onto a flour tortilla. Add toppings and make on rack on grill - lid closed - for ten-12 min. Keep peeking. You can also raise the pizza pan up on empty veggie cans - ya just need to keep it off the direct heat so it bakes. Works great and tastes so good. I just cannot bring myself to have the AC on and then turn on the oven in the summer :0) OH - if you have kids or grandkids - they LOVE to make these pizzas!! I can fit 2-3 onto a large round pizza pan or oblong baking sheet.
(3)

Captain, you don't need Procrit because you eat kidneys. True fact.
(1)

Kazza, simmer that chicken with rice and beaten eggs and a handful of corn. Kitty should like it. A few drops of bacon grease or cod liver oil on top will make it very yummy smelling.
(0)

I love animals but not my fault im a carnivore! my cat eats meat although hes asked me to put him on a vegan diet I told him we cant afford this yet and he understands and munches his chicken with appreciation now!
(0)

It is 11:03pm here on Sunday...I have not had dinner yet..defrosting some frozen spaghetti sauce and cooking the spaghetti. Late work shifts make dinner rough.
(0)

the startup ranch im working at is getting donkeys immediately to protect the goats and sheep that are coming . organic angus eventually . im trippin around there with a chainsaw between stone projects . if they ask me to cut an animal out of the fence , theyd better word themselves carefully .
(1)

Bbq'ed today... lamb chops, beef ribs (dogs need some too) hot dogs, corn and...potato salad.

Oh, I love animals too...
(0)

i love animals ..
(0)

Made Pork madiera yummy! Pork tenderloin with red peppers,mushrooms,cream,onions,paprika,chicken stock,madeira wine and boiled "spuds" thats irish for "potatoes",

First time i made this and its pretty yummy!
(1)

" beer me goat face " lol
(0)

i dont mean to brag
'n i dont mean to boast.
but i just fried up what i like the most .

dont laugh , those s*its are keeping my hemoglobin up imo . many people on this hepc tx are getting so anemic they require procrit injections or even whole blood transfusions . im , on the other hand kicking dirt in the devils face ..
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter