Follow
Read More
Our dinner tonight is chicken breasts marinated in balsamic vinegar, garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt. Breaded in bread crumbs with Italian seasonings and blue cheese crumbles....so yummy!! Corn on the cob and a green salad with cucumber, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms.
(2)

Understandable, since Indiana has a southern flavor. It's not anything like Texas, though. Texas is as close to the wild west as you can get these days. Where I lived was 90% Hispanic, and half of them were even legal. :) Some of us call Texas "North Mexico."
(1)

Cap should listen to Hozier hes fab! big hit in states too! if you like soul hes an awsome voice! "take me to church" great song and eden!
(0)

Ha! just googled Indiana i was way off!!! i thought it was near Texas! DOH! not great on american geography! Looks like a nice place and north why did i think it was south? I must visit cousins one day i have a cousin in boston and carolina careful Cap i may just arrive on your doorstep looking for food!!
(0)

cap you should go to germany you know bucket list and all that. I can meet you there ill bring my hearing aid!! ive promised myself chocolate cake eating weekend in Austria,horse-riding with the Gauchos in argentina,elo and ac/dc concerts thats my bucket list im gonna go happy!!
(0)

Ill have a word with shirley??
(0)

to my surprise deep purple is still kickin and can be found at wacken every year .
i agree about the death wish some of these kids have . they know about hiv and hepc now and still dont seem to care . theyll care when theyre required to do the old interferon SOC, BEFORE the opportunity to use the newer meds . that stuff will bring an elephant to his knees ..
my favorite artist is still shirley manson from scotland . wish the h*ll shed tour . shes only living in iowa ..
(0)

Dont feel well must have been those sausages i ate an hour ago been a right piggy tonight just bored out of my tree!
(0)

Cap did you check out Thin Lizzy? i think youd like them best band to come out of Ireland were big in the 70s before my time but i still listen to them. yeh ac/dc is as hard rock as id like, like some of metallica can play one chord of deep purple who cant?? My teenage years most of my friends were bikers and big into heavy metal whereas i was a Mod/ska ah those were the days although we all hung out and got on fine! Oh and there was a few punks too! We did have fun and everything in modearation few beers and we were happy not like now they are taking anything going they dont know how to have fun now they are just out to get wasted sad? Feel like an old one giving out about the younguns! but its true we had fun and didnt need alot!
(0)

i like AC DC .. saw em do " for those about to rock " once . the indoor cannon fire was pretty memorable . i possible did walk 15 miles cause once crue started their blasphemous racket i just walked the stadium checking out the people .
wouldnt mind seeing kiss in aug but i wont make this mistake again of an old band opening for the headbangers . quiet riot in this case .. not happening ..
(0)

AH! AC/DC phew not losing it yet! see memory just starting to go but i get there evenutally.

Oh dear mum wants tea and shes not moving so i guess ill have to make it then? would be soooooooooooo nice to waited on just for once could say make it yourself but that would take about 2hrs!!

Ha! last week she said she was going to make tea then i heard her "snoring upstairs"!
(0)

You must be fit Cap? I think id have left it and slept in a field!! ha and im only 47! Just the thoughts of big concerts now make me tired!

I want to see ELO though before they die or i die whatever and oh dear cant remember thier names??
(0)

i walked 15 miles just to find my truck after the event was over . there were multiple parking lots and i didnt have the foresight to note where i parked . at least it wasnt stolen . i yanked the coil wire before entering the stadium . older trucks are easier to hot wire and steal .
alice only opened for these caterwahling pedophiles . sigh, a 60 ish yr old musician looks flaky singing about girls , girls , girls ..
the only thing those girls can do for me is summon their grandma . lol
(0)

Glad you had fun Cap! It must have been so Annoying having all the weed shoved in your face!!! Hope you didnt get munchies when you got home and ate all your chicken livers!
So what was Alice Cooper like! Last concert i went to was "kings of Leon" seemed like the younger generation were more into thier fashionable wellies than the actual music yeh felt old but was a good gig! Dont know if i can handle crowds like that anymore next time i think i would only go VIP! Gosh wasnt that long ago i walked 15miles to see Rolling stones AND BACK!! AND PARTIED AFTER!! yeh getting old is the pits!
(0)

some fellow gave me 20 bucks for the ticket -- i paid 24 . close enough to suit me .
(0)

yes your right jeanne about the counterculture thing . id pay bob marley and neal young to sthu .. our last troops left nam in 1974 , i enlisted in 76 ..
my age group are called twixters -- we fell betwixt the boomer group and gen x ..
(1)

did you sell your spare ticket for a good price capt?
(0)

i had fun kaz . the young croud were very nice people , kept cramming weed in my direction . sadly motley crue blew flaming chunks . wuss rock at its worst . ill never attend such a large , sold out event again hopefully . its more about partying than good music .
(0)

I see there is no news from the "old hippie"? maybe he got lucky last night??
(0)

Caved in and had a huge icecream wafer!!! feel sick now yeh definetly intolerant to dairy hives all over belly but they go within on hour or so! Still i enjoyed it! Rasberry ripple flavour!!
(0)

AW! lastresort thats cute!! I have a young male hes only 2yrs old Tuxedo. I will get a dog eventually would love them to get on but Ceasar!! will always be boss! I thought getting a puppy would be better for them to bond but ashylnne thinks an older dog would be better i will see when the time comes! WOW 8 cats 3 dogs now thats a big family!! But i can see me ending up with this unless by some miracle i get pregnant and have a baby? HA! Animals are great though they never let you down! Finding that mouse this morning cheered me up! It was like he was saying thanks for healing my wounds!! he does catch mice but has never left one for me in the doorway! What a pet!
(0)

Kazzaa, 8 cats, 3 dogs, they give each other baths and sleep together. If the cat or dog is raised with the other they get along fine. I had a dog that used to lie down and let the toads outside climb all over him to eat the mosquitos. They can be raised to get along. Brought old dog to aunt who has cats but cats were used to other dogs so no problem. I wouldn't live without at least 1 at (10 acres in country = mice and snakes) and I love my dog... alarm system I don't have to remember a code for...anyone comes I know it, make good foot warmers at night too, although I have awakend on couch with 3 cats and 1 dog on me, others on back of couch and in front,so it can get kinda hot and heavy...
(0)

Kaz my 4 go out all day in summer but I keep them in at night because there are coyotes. In winter my big male insists on going out however deep the snow but he's only out for a few minutes - the others have more sense!

Yorkshire pudding, yessss! I grew up in the UK and my grandmas always made it. As you have to get the oil smoking hot before adding the batter I've always been scared to try it. I buy the pre-made frozen ones and do them in the toaster oven ... my bad.
(1)

Its sunday so mum wants roast!

So roast beef,roast potatoes,mashed turnip,beef gravy and Yorkshire Puddings(these are delicious with roast beef) made from a batter then baked in the oven! Mum will have icecream after and ill have chilli dark chocolate which is a bit strange but ill eat anything with this diet! very spicey!!
(0)

V my cat is indoor/outdoor he only stays out at night in summer as its warm in winter he sleeps all night and is out all day! Its rare he gets into fights but theres not alot you can do cant keep him in all night thats what they do!

Hes so sweet! he went out at 6am this morning when i got up there was a little dead mouse at the door!!! They say its a "gift" for looking after them! Hes recovering thankgod for teatree wipes. His wound is healing and drying up and hes back to himself phew! lucky this happened when i was here and not next week as im not here and wouldnt trust my sister to have coped! Hes alseep on my lap now!!
(0)

Kaz I never thought about having an indoor cat till I came to the US but have one now.
Buy,beg or steal a litter box and some clumping litter and your kitty will be much happier and safer. Clean it each day and it won't smell. much cheaper than a visit to the Vet. An unused washing up bowl works if you have one lying around.
(0)

Jeanne my dad developed diabetes late in life which was controlled with oral meds. We always kidded he was "on the pill". Being an ex naval man, he was not amused :) Hope you feel better soon!
(1)

Kazzaa the dogs and cats get along well, or as well as "kids" get along. I've always had rescue dogs. My big dog, Ash, 7, 85lb, came from rescue last year and occasionally she'll do a roar charge but it's all bluff and the cats are savvy so they ignore her.

If your old cat isn't used to dogs I certainly wouldn't get a puppy as it would be too hard on him. When you're ready look for a reputable local rescue and adopt an older dog who is good with cats. At best they'll become buddies. At worst they'll ignore each other. I'm older and creakier now so I only adopt seniors as I don't want to leave anyone behind.
(1)

Jeanne~I hope you feel better soon.
(1)

Cap ... I am sorry but you are not qualified to be an old hippie, because you are not old enough to have been a young one. That was all before your time.

It's midnight and I'm about to make my first meal of the day. I'm not feeling well (spent 3 hours at the walk-in clinic this afternoon to find out I have a virus but not strep -- worth knowing before I visit the NH). I've tried to eat enough carbs periodically throughout the day to keep my blood sugar in safe range. I had a hard time deciding if any of those snacks needed insulin. I didn't think so. Man, I am SO tired of trying to think like a pancreas, as my Certified Diabetic Educator calls it.

My dinner will be potatoes and eggs and cheese. I'm finally hungry. And I will take insulin. Hope I get it right. Sigh.
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter