Follow
Read More
Taking naps does not replace the full 8 hours sleep one should have. That's one of my goals - to try for the full 8 hours. At the moment, I only have 5 1/2 hours sleep each night. Well.... definitely going to take a nap as soon as I refill dad's water supply.
(0)

no cap i will sleep and i do sleep eventually which means getting up late afternoon then youre onto a bad cycle im trying to break this mad vampire cycle and sleep normal hours? im not a napper never could nap just want to sleep through the night instead of this crap once teleshopping appears you know youve got serious insomnia! i was always a great sleeper at least ten hours a night mum said i was the best baby!! since the accident that all changed and when i banged the head i didnt sleep for 6wks solid which was normal after a bang but weird awake but not tired?? freaky stuff then they had to force my brain to shut down the tabs were supposed to be temporary HA!!! i wasnt expecting all the kak that came later!! am going to nick mums sleeping tab and be up by noon! i hope i dont wake the cat as i dont want him out this early hanging out with hos and junkies in the street!
(0)

youll get sick without the sleep . just learned that . screw doc , they should send some for the stressed out carers . cubic gave me two zans . when i hit it tonight itll be quality sleep .
(0)

Im fading here i hope? so desperate not to steal more drugs off mum as it gets complicated as i have to get my doc to do a new perscription and my docs getting mean with my pills she wants me on one every second night?????? like that works? told her id stop when court case is over BUT who am i kidding? body wants to sleep and head is saying "i dont think so". so tired!
(0)

HA! cap that was my beer gosh about 20yrs ago!! Gosh that brings me back! and so you smoke a pipe? really? i love the smell of an Old holburn tabacco pipe! Oh youre a dream grandad my grandad smoked a pipe but saldy i never met him. Dad used to smoke a cigar Pickeur cigar spelt that right!! I understand german and can get by with it tried to learn it but head is full of latin so was too much hard work also found the grammar a bit wtf!!!! my dad wanted me to learn german and not "a poofs language like french" but i made a career out of not listening to my dad i was a rebel daughter! towards the end he admired my determination and drive?
(1)

yup kaz . german fast food is ( or used to be ) a brotchen roll with any kind of wurst on it . the bread is essentially a sponge to absorb the afternoon beer which is even acceptable on the job . most office buildings come equipped with a beer garten on the roof . germans do a lot of questionable things . verboten , means we just dont talk about it ..
(0)

lol , kaz ( payday )
ill be smokin cigars instead of a pipe . michelob lager as opposed to canned swill ..
(0)

cap what are brotchen rolls? sound german? and brats here means naughty kids??
(0)

I really love fresh mozzarella.... having a hard time getting it right though!! I guess it's a challenge for me and mom likes trying to help.... I need a goat or buffalo..or a dairy far that has fresh whole milk!
(0)

we had the simplest brotchen rolls with brats on em . they were unforgettable . kids wacked em , me and cubehead just have to quit eatin out of common sense , not cause were ready to . badass bread, shot of honey blew it away ..
(0)

But book, it does bother you, no matter how hard you try not to let it. Have you discussed it (calmly, politely) with Sis?
(0)

Too late! I finished cooking for the whole day. Okay. I will not throw those 2013 expired cans. I tried not to get irritated that I cooked all this. And then sis comes out and just digs into it. Uhm... she didn't even cook rice lastnight so that I can have a decent dinner. She basically cooks only for herself when I'm not home. I only know this because my eggs, meat, etc... seem to disappear and I know that I didn't use it. Yet, when it's my shift here at home, I cook enough for us to last the whole day. I'm really really trying not to let it bother me. At least say thank you.
(1)

A bit of nostalgia tonight: Veggie Melts, which I remember ordering from the Dayton's River Room Restaurant years and years ago, when it seemed exotic. On the toasted bread I piled sprouts, artichoke dip, tomato slices, sliced mushrooms, shredded zucchini, and three kinds of cheese. Broiled till cheese bubbled and started browning.

Watermelon was all we needed to round out the meal.

B & V: Canned goods can indeed remain safe to eat for years, but they begin to lose quality after the date stamped on the can.
(1)

Book it is usually safe to use canned goods many years after the expiration date as long as the can has not bulged and is not dented.
(1)

We had teriyaki steak, steak fries, and broccoli. Last night my mother came over and we had spagetti, garlic bread, and salad. I usually don't like to cook but lately I've been in the mood. I also made banana bread, and banana blueberry muffins for tomorrow. Probably won't feel like cooking tomorrow after taking Mom to the denturist to get new dentures.
(3)

Book i make this alot with tinned tuna and chillies its yummy i asked the local chinese why my rice never tasted like thiers and he said they fry it in sesame oil so i use this now and its great!
(2)

JB how do you make your own mozzarella? and why? seems like hard work but good on you for trying!! yes this is/was my fav salad drizzled with homemade pesto sauce yummy! I only like the buffalo mozarella the real stuff which is quite pricey here but worth it!
(0)

Book you made me hungry. I make kind of the same but rice, scrambled eggs, spam, sliced hilshire farm sausage, and diced green chilies. I think I will make this for dinner. Thanks
(2)

Cool bookluv i love a good storm although i know its alot heavier in the states! But theres nothing nicer than been inside all warm with a fire and a mad storm outside its my favourite thing to do! if i had alot of money i would go storm chasing nothing like an electric storm to make you feel alive! Best storm i ever saw was in the Fiji islands i sat up and watched it all night as id never seen anything like it! my ex just snored but he was from NZ so it wasnt a big deal for him! We dont get many here but when there is one im up all night watching it love them!
(0)

I am on my second attempt on making fresh homemade mozzarella. Yesterdays attempt was an epic fail!... I love caprese salads when it's so darn hot out.
(0)

Storm should be passing late this afternoon. Hunkered down. Decided to cook full pot of rice in case the power shuts down due to downed line by foliage. All night and all this morning, the lights keep flickering. I was going to make what you all call: Spam Goulash. It's basically the same recipe as I use for the vienna sausage but instead use the low sodium spam. Alas, I found that all our can of tomatoes have expired since last year, 2013. Been googling on alternative way to use our unused catsup. SIL just text me that they also don't have can of tomatoes. That her DIL tried using tomato catsup and everyone refused to eat it.

I guess this morning for breakfast, I will cook eggs and the hot sausages. And then put aside some rice in a container to cool off. Once that's done, i will make fried rice with onions, scrambled eggs and spam in it. That will be lunch and dinner. I will put on my to-buy list some cans of tomatoes. I sure was looking forward to that spam goulash with the mushrooms and olives. Disappointed but... what can one do if you don't have much in the food pantry, which I discovered most of it has expired ..even a 2012 expiration!
(0)

Ive always wanted to make a meatloaf! You just reminded me that i took down a cool recipe for one last week but mum may have put it somewhere?? I will make that one day here this one is with a tomato sauce!
Oh yes very funny about chillies my brother was home at xmas and was making his fab chilli con carne i was upstairs and heard this almighty scream i actually thought he was being murdered in the loo? hed only gone for a wee with chilli fingers!!!! Never seen him dance like that!!
(1)

Kazz, certain things you can't touch with pepper fingers. Lol... I made a lovely meatloaf with brown gravy mashed potatoes and Italian green beans. It was a cooler day today here so it was a nice meal to have :)
(1)

Thai green curry with prawns (payday) and lots of green veg thrown in as cant eat rice so i bulk up on veg! these curries are great as you can serve it up in no time! i make my own curry paste and freeze it as its great to just throw in a pan and whack up a good meal! now that im back to bird food i have to be as adventurous with what food i can eat? so excited i have a new dark chocolate bar to taste(payday) this dark choc is bloody expensive but needs must! its 84 per cent cocoa AND with seasalt?? the dark chocolate with chilli is nice but i stupidly ate some then rubbed my eyes!!!!!!! ouch yeh that chilli is a bit strong!
(0)

Good you made it safely Cap sounds like your having fun!!
(0)

in chicago . had dinner of whole wheat breadsticks , sausage bits thruout the bread with mozzarella inside . they came out near perfect . a splash of molasses in the dough makes em about perfect . the kids liked them a lot .,
(1)

So tuna and green salad tonight and the detox headaches have started up again but may not be as severe this time as ive been good all month! bad news no more COFFEE? yep caffiene was a culprit aswell and beef which i thought. I not fussed though as never could digest beef so i wont miss it just glad i like fish or id be anorexic! the doc says stress wont make this better and yes its all from stress your gut just couldnt cope with the constant knotting and so refuses to digest certain foods?
I think emjo understands this more!! anyway i could be worse its not serious but could get bad if i continue to eat the bad foods?
treated myself to some really good dark chocolate with chilli so whoopeedo!!!
(2)

Back to bird seed food! but happy enough im intolerant to wheat and dairy but no allergies which is a relief!! Cholesterol going down a bit but thats without much effort so must get it down now to normal! Almost at my ideal weight again which is good but have to take the wheat and dairy seriously now HA! not much bloody chance of getting fat when you cant digest chocolate and cakes!! anywhoo glad im not allergic just a tough diet but its for life now i am lacking an ensyme that breaks down wheat and dairy so best to stay clear! seems to run in the family we are all tall and slim but three out of five of us are wheat and dairy intolerant? going to miss my big boobs but you cant have it all!! as long as i am still passing the pencil test im laughing!!!!!
(0)

ODd on chocolate and feel very sick now! was worth is though!! had 4 choco with marshmallow! have to fast now until the morning then hope its just an intolerance and not an allergy?
(0)

Be good houses to shoot a horror in though! ok think happy thoughts i may just be thinking of them houses tonight! i love a good horror and not alot scares me except those kinda houses freak me out! And grandfather clocks! yeh find them creepy aswell?
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter