Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I still don't know what we are having for supper, but that sounds good!
(0)

Oh JB "snickernoodle cookies" sound yummy whatever they are! LOL
(0)

Hot roast beef sandwiches sound good, Glad! Tonight we are having Midwestern goulash, biscuit sticks, and snickerdoodle cookies. Minnesota comfort food.
(1)

Hot roast beef sandwiches, mashed potatoes, early green peas. It has been like fall here, so much rain this week. The folks are back in fall clothes and heavy sweaters! LOL!
(1)

Ha! looloo tonight my stomach is a bit dodgy so its been juice and water all day! still recovering from a vodka and coke too many!! UGH why did i drink sooooo much?? EH stress maybe?
(0)

Something with the salad I didn't eat last night. Stopped at a local farm stand this morning for tomatoes, new potatoes and a red pepper. More expensive than the store but no sprays and fresh picked this morning. It's been chilly here in SW Ontario with lots of rain which is great for all the new trees I planted this spring but not so good for the veggies. Lots of tomatoes coming in. They're not ripening as th4ey should, though I've got green beans coming out of my ears.. Beets, carrots and spinach coming up but very slowly.
(1)

Lol, wellllll...I've been in lazy mode, and last night I had a nervous stomach, so it was Special K for me! Followed this morning by immodium. Yikes. Feeling better now though...
(1)

cubicle and kids finally got out of bed . brotchen / brats are gonna happen for lunch today . g girl is a tiny gal but she said she could have wacked a 5 pack of the brats by herself . its been a wonderful trip . even cubehead and i have had more fun than any two grown men oughtta have . we get it on in the kitchen ..
(2)

im up early this am as usual . gonna make a s*itload of fudge cookies here in a few . i wanna take some back to the NH staff . the last time i came ti chi , i wasnt being relieved by cuz on the evening wed prearranged . instead cuz,s family came up from linton and they had a night out planned . they all visited edna for a few minutes , i sent a text , and walked . suddenly the guy whos spent a quality year with edna became the devil . the facts are coming out now and cuz is finding herself despised by a whole bunch of people . im bringing cookies to all those who held back judgement until they could figure it all out . another plateful for the women at AL who had so much confidence in me , only to have it shattered by a pack of lies . if you remember i had spent 6 days with edna while cuz was supposed to be getting NH entry paperwork in order . she wasnt getting it done . lies have a tendancy to swing around and bite ya on the a**.
(0)

The rice is almost gone and it's only 4pm. Sis took some of the Spam and cooked it longer. I guess I didn't cook it long enough. Well, I did get impatient with the cooking. I knew it wasn't burned enough but I wanted to eat. You know, even that low sodium spam was very salty.
(1)

For, just one tablet of Nyquil knocks me out. I have problem waking up in the morning. One time, I was gettg worried because it was 9am and my brain was still foggy from the Nyquil. I avoid pills as much as I can.
(1)

I take stilnoct?? they knock me out for a good eight hours or more! I just couldnt work a normal job AND take care of mum thats suicide! anywhoo off now tab kicking in everything is blurred so see you in my dreams capn!! OR not actually as cant dream on these tabs? night all sleep tight dont let the bed bugs bite IF they do hit them with a shoe!!!!
(0)

ambien has only been giving me 4 - 5 . its affecting my health and job performance . im goin to find a way to get 8 if if takes elephant darts .
(0)

My brother suffers from anxiety and has never slept more than 4 to 6 hrs a night? i just couldnt survive on that even without caring for mum?
(0)

I know book i just find that the tabs knock you out great but youre a bit dopey the next day and tired all day? also i was off them i had a few dreams???? i dont dream on tabs OR i dont remember? but it was nice tp dream again? had a few horrific nithmares too which was scary i very rarely get nightmares? must have been the sleeping tab withdrawl??
(0)

i meant cat hos and junkies!! i dont like him hanging with the scruff from the other neighbourhood! yeh im losing it?
(0)

Taking naps does not replace the full 8 hours sleep one should have. That's one of my goals - to try for the full 8 hours. At the moment, I only have 5 1/2 hours sleep each night. Well.... definitely going to take a nap as soon as I refill dad's water supply.
(0)

no cap i will sleep and i do sleep eventually which means getting up late afternoon then youre onto a bad cycle im trying to break this mad vampire cycle and sleep normal hours? im not a napper never could nap just want to sleep through the night instead of this crap once teleshopping appears you know youve got serious insomnia! i was always a great sleeper at least ten hours a night mum said i was the best baby!! since the accident that all changed and when i banged the head i didnt sleep for 6wks solid which was normal after a bang but weird awake but not tired?? freaky stuff then they had to force my brain to shut down the tabs were supposed to be temporary HA!!! i wasnt expecting all the kak that came later!! am going to nick mums sleeping tab and be up by noon! i hope i dont wake the cat as i dont want him out this early hanging out with hos and junkies in the street!
(0)

youll get sick without the sleep . just learned that . screw doc , they should send some for the stressed out carers . cubic gave me two zans . when i hit it tonight itll be quality sleep .
(0)

Im fading here i hope? so desperate not to steal more drugs off mum as it gets complicated as i have to get my doc to do a new perscription and my docs getting mean with my pills she wants me on one every second night?????? like that works? told her id stop when court case is over BUT who am i kidding? body wants to sleep and head is saying "i dont think so". so tired!
(0)

HA! cap that was my beer gosh about 20yrs ago!! Gosh that brings me back! and so you smoke a pipe? really? i love the smell of an Old holburn tabacco pipe! Oh youre a dream grandad my grandad smoked a pipe but saldy i never met him. Dad used to smoke a cigar Pickeur cigar spelt that right!! I understand german and can get by with it tried to learn it but head is full of latin so was too much hard work also found the grammar a bit wtf!!!! my dad wanted me to learn german and not "a poofs language like french" but i made a career out of not listening to my dad i was a rebel daughter! towards the end he admired my determination and drive?
(1)

yup kaz . german fast food is ( or used to be ) a brotchen roll with any kind of wurst on it . the bread is essentially a sponge to absorb the afternoon beer which is even acceptable on the job . most office buildings come equipped with a beer garten on the roof . germans do a lot of questionable things . verboten , means we just dont talk about it ..
(0)

lol , kaz ( payday )
ill be smokin cigars instead of a pipe . michelob lager as opposed to canned swill ..
(0)

cap what are brotchen rolls? sound german? and brats here means naughty kids??
(0)

I really love fresh mozzarella.... having a hard time getting it right though!! I guess it's a challenge for me and mom likes trying to help.... I need a goat or buffalo..or a dairy far that has fresh whole milk!
(0)

we had the simplest brotchen rolls with brats on em . they were unforgettable . kids wacked em , me and cubehead just have to quit eatin out of common sense , not cause were ready to . badass bread, shot of honey blew it away ..
(0)

But book, it does bother you, no matter how hard you try not to let it. Have you discussed it (calmly, politely) with Sis?
(0)

Too late! I finished cooking for the whole day. Okay. I will not throw those 2013 expired cans. I tried not to get irritated that I cooked all this. And then sis comes out and just digs into it. Uhm... she didn't even cook rice lastnight so that I can have a decent dinner. She basically cooks only for herself when I'm not home. I only know this because my eggs, meat, etc... seem to disappear and I know that I didn't use it. Yet, when it's my shift here at home, I cook enough for us to last the whole day. I'm really really trying not to let it bother me. At least say thank you.
(1)

A bit of nostalgia tonight: Veggie Melts, which I remember ordering from the Dayton's River Room Restaurant years and years ago, when it seemed exotic. On the toasted bread I piled sprouts, artichoke dip, tomato slices, sliced mushrooms, shredded zucchini, and three kinds of cheese. Broiled till cheese bubbled and started browning.

Watermelon was all we needed to round out the meal.

B & V: Canned goods can indeed remain safe to eat for years, but they begin to lose quality after the date stamped on the can.
(1)

Book it is usually safe to use canned goods many years after the expiration date as long as the can has not bulged and is not dented.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter