Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Boni, as in canned artichoke hearts?
(0)

I've been experimenting. I make these stuffed artichokes with lots of butter, bread,crumbs eggs and cheese. Not exactly diet friendly.

Tonight I layered artichoke hearts lightly marinated with a touch of oo, garlic, lemon juice, parsley and pepper, sprinkled it with the good shredded Romano/Parm, and baked it. It was great! It was like the best of the stuffed artichokes, without the hour prep and hour cook time and the mess! Definitely a keeper.
(2)

Oh wow, I just made the best salmon grilled on hickory chips, it was so good I could eat it again tomorrow.
(4)

cold venison sandwich and a pancake for dessert . that was the entire days fare . im at 168 lbs so what little i eat is obviously plenty for me .
(1)

I guess we had brinner last night -- flax/multi-grain pancakes with blueberries, ham steaks with sauteed mushrooms, and a fruit cup. And by some people's reckoning, we had brinner the night before, too -- a wonderful quiche with ham, Jarlsberg cheese, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, and orange sweet peppers.

I don't see any reason that certain foods should be only for breakfast. :)
(1)

Right under this email came the recipe of the day. "Slow cooker black bean and corn enchilada" too late for tonight but how about tomorrow?
(1)

SusanA43 I feel your pain. The other day I almost spent $100 on ordering pizza because I was exhausted. Yes I said $100 because Scandinavia is cruel like that.
(2)

I don't know what to make tonight - not really in the mood to cook and don't feel up to much. I'm thinking of ordering in.
(0)

Tomorrow I think brinner. Breakfast for dinner.
(1)

Dinner today took 30 mins to cook..beef patties potatoes mushy peas/steamed veggies and gravy. I have no clue what's for dinner tomrorrow though.
(0)

im going up to my sons house today . i love cooking in the kitchen with him but his GF is a vegan and when people start custom ordering dinner i get a little annoyed . there are a few food items i dont care for but if someone goes to the trouble to prepare it for me i can guarantee you ill eat it .
ive been making ground venison and egg noodles around here for a week . the egg noodles have been in the freezer for a year and im glad to get them used up so they dont go to waste .
i love cole creamy slaw jeanne ..
some danged animal ripped one of my new cherry tree whips out of the ground and took off with it . i replaced it with a whip from one of the apple trees in town that were so heavily loaded with big baking apples this year . if the whip takes off ill probably have to graft it from the host tree . i dont think root sprouts are oriented until theyre grafted . all my other fruit trees are 7 yrs old and beginning to produce fruit .
(2)

I cooked for the first time in nearly 3 weeks. Yay! Pork medallions in mushroom gravy with big fresh mushrooms, garlic mashed potatoes, and cole slaw.
(2)

Pizza delivery! yum yum
(2)

Pork steaks on the George Foreman grill tonight with veggies. Processing pumpkins later tonight and prepping for my grocery trip, as well as laundry and regular cleaning.
(1)

So sorry to hear about your sons accident jeanne. I know he will be getting great care. I bet he misses your cooking! Hospital food sux.
(1)

More hospital food. It was good to eat at home tonight, even if it was only purchased soup and grilled cheese sandwich. (Horseradish Gouda from my Wisconsin tour.)

Ian will probably move to a tcu tomorrow. It was made clear today that he needs 24-hour supervision until he has more than one weight-bearing limb, which could be 6 to 12 weeks. This is not exactly news but I think it became clearer today. His pain is well-controlled.
(0)

all I can think of is we will be on their doorstep they cant ignore that! as soon as safe to travel I am sick and too tired to drive but soon as I can I am and I need to do few things anyway up there!
(0)

that is the beauty of it captain you don't have to cruise you could just drop a dime for us too and I will get ahold of aging care somehow and set up a drawing idk....it happened too fast I just know Christmas space is golden and it fit our needs so I am trying to do some good with it...I was more interested in how you would address the issue with alz org, you are very gifted in articulation and I am not....just hoping we all can help each other... I don't want to blow up at them but I don't want to let it go either We need a voice and ALZ.org is for research apparently not hands on help idk....just want to brainstorm
(0)

ill read about your difficulties juju but i aint goin on a cruise -- ever .
im having ground venison - egg noodles - cheese for dinner and theres an apple crisp in the oven for me and my GF . ( edna )
(0)

oops in a hurry captian ^^^^ I need you! I think you would be a good source of advice for my dilemma...read my grossed out thread comments last few especially WE NEED MEDIA
(0)

a safety conscious stunt pilot .
i am at a loss for words .
(1)

My son has ridden in 8 European countries, with some club mates. He and his wife have ridden in 49 states. They have always been very safety conscious and always worn protective gear, taken safety classes, etc. After his wife was in a fairly minor accident which cracked her helmet but did no significant damage to her, they both upgraded their safety gear. Ian's helmet was not cracked, but the scrapes and the gouges show where his head would have been damaged. Scary. Their helmets are equipped with some kind of communication system so they can talk to each other as they ride. I get the feeling they simply accept the protective gear as a necessity and make the most of it.

His other hobby is flying. His wife is now working toward her pilot license, too. Ian is debating whether he wants to take up stunt piloting.

These are adventurous people. But they do not take careless risks. They want to enjoy many many more adventures. I hope they do!

My dinner tonight was a burger and a cup of soup, in the hospital cafeteria. The hospital really has some good food. I'll be glad when I'm making my own again, though.
(0)

im not a big fan of MC helmets . like seat belts they annoy and distract me . a better safety device for cars would be a sharp dagger mounted in the center of the steering column . we dont have to wear helmets in indiana and im glad . about 100 miles of riding with a helmet on will cause such so much mental and physical fatigue that youll just wish you would splatter and get out of your misery . ill take paranoia and heightened senses any day over a false sense of protection .
no offense to those who see it differently .
im having nothing for dinner . if i aint hungry i just dont eat . whatever mainstream society is for -- im a'gin . im not buried in student loan debt or punchin a time clock so i must be gettin by with it ..
(0)

Jeanne, that's a tough accident for your son! But THANK YOU for sharing about the helmet - broken bones and ligaments and tendons can heal up to near normal, but it would be a lot harder to predict with a broken brain!! My patients like this who wear their helmets and are still hurt bad enough to need inpatient rehab - they usually get to see me for one or two followups and then get "PRNned" - meanng probably don't need to see me any more, can come back if something comes up - not so much like that with a brain or spinal cord injury. Hugs and well wishes to you both!!
(1)

my apple cake a couple days ago was rather dry when it came out of the oven . a day in the fridge and its gotten moist and now tastes as " soggy " as a good apple cake should .
speaking of quick meals . im remembering how canned meat and seperate canned potatoes used to be so handy for slapping on a good dinner quickly after a hard workday for the family . we even got a great deal one time ( marsh dumpster ) on a case of white mushrooms . we made cream of mushroom soup and canned it in pint jars . canned about a dozen quarts of homemade catsup once too . it wasnt red dye and veg oil . it was cooked down tomato catsup , smashed garlic , stick cinnamon , etc .
(0)

I'm glad to hear that he's improving a bit, Jeanne. Be we well Ian!
(1)

The total police report should be available Friday (today). The preliminary on-the-scene report says the driver who hit my son was reading a map.

My son, Ian, had a pretty good day. He is eating solid food and his appetite is coming back. He managed to transfer from bed to chair, using a sliding board today. (It took 3 people to help him back.) Surgeon read his x-rays and isn't considering further surgery, at least at this time. He'll probably move to a rehab facility within a few days. He had a delusion/hallucination last night, but seems pretty normal cognitively.

ba8alou, I like to keep "instant" dinners, too. A big bag of frozen ravioli, a few frozen soups (homemade or purchased), and nice mixed veggies are in my freezer, too!
(1)

Oh, Jeanne, reading a map? Really? So sorry, but glad he's mending!
(1)

I have learned that it is wise to keep a couple of packages of frozen trader Joe's ravioli, pesto, frozen veggies in the freezer to throw together on nights when work doesn't end when it should. Healthier than ordering in pizza.
(1)

Captain, he is considering a trike. But the driver who was reading a map would have hit him regardless, and the injuries would probably have been similar. Can't eliminate risks entirely.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter