Follow
Read More
cdnreader...Thank you so much for telling me about the cooking classes.I'm going to check into it.I think I know a store already that might do it I'll call.
The frittata sounds good that the chef made tonight.Do people take notes?
You take care and have a good night too!
(2)

Hi Luckylu,

Thank you for saying so. I go to my cooking class at the grocery store. They want people shopping at the store so they run quick one hour classes on Tuesday nights. I've also found a cooking class at the culinary school in town, but that is more expensive. I find the grocery store cooking class to be more reasonable.

I love chips and dip and chocolate chip cookies and ice cream! Those are my favorites.

The chef at the cooking class broiled the veggies and tofu and made a spicy peanut sauce to drizzle on it. She also made a frittata with spinach, onions and Swiss cheese. I met two ladies that have been going for the last 8 years. One lady in her 70s, said its the only way she gets to socialize with people.

I'm going to do more searching tonight and see what other classes I can find.

Take care Luckylu and have a good night!
(3)

cdnreader,That's so neat that you go to a cooking class.Where in the world,do they teach them?Can anybody go?I think that would be right up my alley for something fun and creative to do.I bet you learn a lot and have a good time.
Thanks for telling me what was in your Napoli salad.It sounds yummy to me,but my dH hates tomatoes and won't eat them.It makes cooking harder for sure since there's tomatoes in so many good recipes.
Tonight,were just having soup and a sandwich,cottage cheese,chips and dip and chocolate chip cookies and ice cream.That's easy and so filling and maybe tomarrow,I'll do spaghetti.You,Black hole and Send have given me some good ideas.Thank you !
(4)

I'm off to cooking class tonight for broiled tofu and veggies with almond sauce. See how it turns out.
(3)

Hi Luckylu,

Sorry to hear things didn't turn out, but at least you tried! Its always worth trying something new. :-) About Napoli said, its mixed greens with cherry tomatoes and chick peas, shredded carrots and balsamic vinegar dressing. Its my sister's favorite.

I didn't have much luck with dinner tonight. It was a bowl of green grapes. See how tomorrow goes.

Hi Send,

I love tacos! And the variety is amazing! I should try and make some tacos this week.:-)
(2)

Yesterday beef, today is chicken and veges thrown into a taco shell.
So easy, and I don't mind repeats, but the tortillas are gone now.
Casual dining, but maybe I am still hungry.
(2)

Today's Sunday brunch was tacos, lots of veges inside.
(5)

Crock-pot beef roast with verde enchilada sauce. Will serve over rice....or maybe in taco shells? I have all day to figure it out. 🙂
(3)

Hi back cdnreader,
Sad to say,my dinner concoction didn't turn out very tasty and I'm never gonna make it again.I'd have much rather had your pizza,but what is Napoli salad?I have never heard of it.
Maybe we'll do pancakes tomarrow .That sounds good to me.
(2)

Hi Luckylu,

Please let us know how it turns out, but I like the mix of chicken and mushrooms.

Hi Send,

I love ginger, so the soup sounds good to me. I love some fruit in a salad, too.

Family came over tonight, so I ended up getting pizza and a Napoli salad. It seemed to be a hit. I might still have the pancakes later.:-)
(3)

Organic carrot/ginger and squash soup with red, orange, green and yellow chopped peppers.
Fruit plate with blueberries, raspberries, watermelon, pineapple-a little bit of each over lettuce chopped salad /kale.
(1)

Husband has been in a funk all day and I too am at a loss for what to make for dinner. I'd love to make reservations but not when he's in such a mood. I've got veggies I can slow roast and some sausage meat. Perhaps this will turn into a casserole.
(4)

cdnreader,That would be good ,easy and filling and best of all(to me)sweet.
For our dinner tonight,I decided to surprise my dH with a concoction Iv'e made up.It's in the oven now and I hope it's edible.I took chicken and this alfredo sauce and put it with mushrooms and mushroom soup and a little red onion and some Italian spice stuff I found in the cabinet and mixed it with wide noodles and now I'm baking it.I have no idea why I thought of this one and I doubt I could duplicate it,if I tried to make it again.I just hope it passes,Otherwise,I'll have to head up to McDonald's I guess.
(3)

Saturday and I am at a lost about what to make for dinner. I might just go for pancakes and maple syrup.
(3)

😉
(2)

Cwillie
I would fall over and faint if the hoca served anything that extravagent! Good job getting every last drop in mom's mouth 😄

Blackhole
Yes, you make some real comfort food
Maybe when the weather cools I'll get a little honey baked ham and make mom's old recipe for au gratin potatoes and take it to her at hoca - they were yummy and she used to joke and call them au rotten
(2)

Mom had a lovely meal of pureed veal cutlet with whipped potatoes, a dinner roll and cauliflower, with some lovely thickened apple juice and coffee. Other than the unfortunate dominance of white on her plate it really wasn't too bad. She also got pureed "pie", and I fed her every last bite of it. I didn't do any tasting tonight but I tried mom's apple pie on another night and it was yummy!
(4)

Did you taste the pie, Cwillie? It is often made with cardboard for crust. Just to help mend your heart a little! Now go buy yourself a piece!
Did your Mom get any food down lately?
(1)

Tonight dessert at the NH was pecan pie, it was heartbreaking watching them scrape all those barely touched leftovers into the trash.
(1)

Pizza and a salad from local big box store.
(1)

Eeeewwww! You ate that stuff off the internet? Was it very very old?
Or was it delivered fresh by a drone? All hot and bubbly, browned on top scalloped potatoes. Was there cheese on top?
(0)

Gotta love the internet. Whenever I have a craving....or can't figure out what to do with my grocery store bargains....boom! Ideas galore.
(4)

Waiting for my invitation.....
Scalloped potatoes and ham
Stuffed peppers

Where do you live, Blackhole? Please say you are not in Texas!

My mom was from Texas, she cooked what you cook, and I remember!
(3)

Stuffed peppers, then ham & scalloped potatoes and now roast pork, dang! I'm moving to BlackHole's house :)
(4)

Pork roast and mashed potatoes
(2)

Cwillie
I bought all the fixings for s'mores b4 mom fell ill earlier this month

Providing the chocolate 🍫 hasn't melted in the heatwave we're having maybe I'll enjoy one tonight

Hot dogs and 🌽- good way to end the last weekend of summer
(3)

Yummy, #2 Sister just dropped off my Favorite, Chicken Broccoli Casserole, salad and rolls! I have the best Sisters, and all 3 can really Cook! Being the 4th and youngest daughter  (I've got 2 brothers too!), I think my Mom had had enough with teaching girls how to cook, she pretty much gave up on me in that department.  

I do know how to cook, especially all the British fare,  but I really don't like to very much,  since my husband and FIL are both such picky eaters, so no spices, no food touching each other in their plates, they like very few vegetables, so therefore no Casseroles,  they are truly no fun to cook for!  

So when one of my Sissy's thinks enough of me to drop off a meal, knowing that we are so exhausted from taking care of my FIL on Hospice in our home at the moment,  Well That is Love for ya! I DO have the best sisters in the world! 
(4)

Tonight was corn on the cob and hot dogs. I saw that today is national marshmallow day - since Canada seems to be horning in on that maybe it should be international marshmallow day? But I don't have any in the house 😢
(3)

Scalloped potatoes and ham
(4)

Hi Ali,

I have to say the goat cheese was a bit too much.:-)

Glad you were able to use up some of the bread. It gives me a great idea and I would love to make some French toast today!
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter