Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
"Daddy what are Worcesters?" - caused much amusement when aged 5 I was trying to work out what had gone in to this foul-smelling gloop. How was I to know Worcestershire was a place and not some evil twin variety of tomatoes?

Ali, does this mean that you are also on the I ❤️ Marmite team?
(1)

Hi Ali,

I have to agree with you that Worchester sauce is amazing.

Another cooking class for me. Christmas appetizers. We tired bruschetta, spicy chicken wings, calamari, tempera veggies and Perrier water.

Crazy to think Christmas is three weeks away. Trying to eat healthy but its tough.
(2)

I've decided that there isn't much food that can't be fixed up right with a little Worcestershire and minced garlic thrown into the skillet with it

Chicken thighs, zucchini, and sweet onion in one skillet with the aforementioned fixer-uppers. It's easy and tasty. :-)
(4)

cdn reader, your curry class sounds fantastic. 

Tonite was stuffed shells with beef marinara. And garlic bread!

Still on the carb train.....and loving every minute of it. 😃

I’ll go back to sensible little meals when I’m back in my work groove next week.
(4)

Went to a craft fair today, then came home and turned most of the turkey leftovers into 2 large pans of enchiladas and a pot of turkey corn chowder! Freezer meals for later, and hubs loves enchiladas..
(4)

Glad it was not squirrel CM!!!!!!!!!!
(2)

I was given curried something by my hosts at a bridge supper earlier in the week. Took me quite a while of increasingly anxious experimental chewing - chicken? lamb? - before I figured out it was pheasant.
(2)

Hi all,

I am off to curry cooking class tonight. Curry shrimp, curry beef, curry potatoes so we'll see how it all turns out. I might be all curried out at some point.:-)
(5)

I came home today around 4pm. I cooked rice in the rice pot. Oldest sis came out of her bedroom. And said, "K, did you see the hot dog in the microwave?" Hot dog again? I don't like hot dogs. I politely said that I didn't see it. Sis' hot dogs start out normal looking. By the time she's done boiling it, they have grown exponentially. I've never seen hot dogs that fat. Nor do they taste watery at every bite. Hot dogs are good if you cut it up to small pieces and throw it in a pot of canned chili (with or without beans) with lots of onions. Mushroom (but sis likes plain food.) .. Tonight's dinner was one piece of hot dog with rice. That was 4 hrs ago. I'm hungry... I'm going to see what else I can scrounge up. Night all!
(3)

Happy belated Thanksgiving my friends! It was Chinese food today.:-)
(2)

Thanksgiving today, so we ate dinner with Papa at the Nusing Facility. The food was better than I thought it would be. He likes it, that is the only thing that matters. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Take care!
(5)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Boy, am I thankful for all of you! I'd would have gone out of my mind by now, if not for ya'll.

Tonight's dinner;
Roasted turkey breast, mashed spuds with turkey gravy, stuffing, green bean and mushroom casserole topped with cheddar fried onions, cranberries, baked sweet potato casserole with little marshmallows, whole wheat Kings Hawaiian rolls with Sauvignon Blanc wine-pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert.
A carbohydrate nightmare!!

How horrible to admit- it's just for the 2 of us!! Well, in my defense, I didn't know until the last minute (this morning) if we would have a couple of people for company. Always good to be prepared.

Buon apetit and buen provecho.
🍗🍷🌽 🍰
(4)

Gladimhere, Marie Callendars turkey TV dinner so far is at the top of my list. Do like the stuffing. Today I tried Boston Market turkey TV dinner, even though the turkey was pretty good, the mashed potatoes tasted like those instant potato flakes from 30 some years ago :P

I still have Stouffer's Fit Kitchen turkey Bowl to try out. The picture on the box looked good.
(3)

The not capitalizing was intentional, Ali. You caught on too fast. LOL. It really is my choice too. I could have made plans, somehow. But, very hard for the introvert me. Must find something to do to meet more people here. 😎 I really wanted Marie Callendars but store was sold out. I do have a bottle of Kendall Jackson Vinters Reserve that I picked up yesterday to keep me company, and Ming too. KJ VR was L's favorite.
(2)

Glad, it took me a second when I read your comment. If you don't capitalize the brand name "Hungry-Man," it reads different for a second. 😆 I was like... is Ming the hungry man? No... she must mean the tv dinners. lol  Sorry that you're alone this Thanksgiving.  I am too, but it's by choice (and poor planning on my part).  

I'm eating warmed up Thai fried rice. :-) Happy Thanksgiving, Glad. (((hugs)))
(5)

What's for dinner? Just me and a hungry man!

Post caregiving sucks in a dysfunctional family.
(4)

C M
I'm still not sure why she didn't let the agency know she was running late and they offered no reason
I asked the agency if she would stay 2 hours or just one - they later replied two which is good since afterwards the overnight caregiver texted she'd be an hour late -
no word from agency on her late arrival so now I've got to make a note in the calendar to keep track of the time for when the invoice arrives

Whether you're eating turkey or not today, blessings to all for a peaceful day
(3)

So I trust the caregiver volunteered to extend her shift by an hour, did she? Well, you never know - ! What did she have to say for herself?
(3)

After work, I Made it to See's candy shortly before closing then got a decaf latte for the Viking and headed to the SNF which once again didn't pick up her laundry so I found her unclothed in bed

Gave her her piece of See's and latte and waited for her evening sitter to arrive
After 40 minutes I text the agency to see where she is
They reply she'll be there in 15 min or an hour late for a 2 hour shift - hmmm
Since it's thanksgiving eve I didn't make a stink but why the heck if she was that late didn't she text the agency, or if I wasn't there would she have been a no- show and no one would know ?
(3)

Give me those hot dogs, I love em, it's my favorite comfort food - Chicago style hot dogs, mmmm.

Hope you get some tasty food you like soon, Book. It is TG, after all!
(3)

Other than my immediate siblings, it includes my oldest brother’s family (kids and grandkids), oldest sister’s daughter’s family (hubby and kids), and my fave sis family (hubby, kids and grands). I hate eating out in restaurants for family events. You’re basically stuck the whole time conversing with those seated on your table. Everyone sat with their immediate family. Whereas a BBQ at the house, we sit around the center long food table, talking across each other, kids running around, etc... I hope this is not the beginning of how we will do TG.

I was feeling tired today. Oldest sis boiled only 4 pieces of baloney before lunchtime. Sigh.. 2 hot dogs for each of us - one for lunch and one for dinner. I checked my budget. I can’t afford takeout... I don’t like hot dogs, at all...
(1)

That's a big group to eat out, Book! Sorry your meal was less-than. I hate that when I'm looking forward to a certain dish I like but, alas, just not the same as I remember. Happy Thanksgiving. Will you go to any family gathering today or was the Korean restaurant your family's TG dinner? I was going to drive a few hours to bro's but... I waited too late and I was so tired and roads so packed, so I skipped it. I'll see them in a month at Christmas time instead.
(4)

How was the company of 30 people Bookluvr? That is quite a crowd!
(3)

Today, we had our 1st thanksgiving dinner at a our favorite Korean restaurant, the night before TG. I was so excited. I rarely eat here unless someone is treating me. A large iron cast pan of Kalbi ($28), a bowl of rice, kimchi and thinly spliced potatoes. I took my 1st bite of the meat... and frowned. What happened to their signature tasting Kalbi? It was bland. As if the meat wasn’t marinated. I stared at the large pan of... bland meat... I saw my BIL pouring lots of Tabasco on his meat. Hmmmm. I guess his is bland, too. But I finished it because...$28 will not be wasted. Afterward, oldest brother drove my car for me because I’m a terrible driver in the daytime. Imagine how I am at nighttime driving. I commented that the meat was... bland. He said that their longtime chef is really old and he retired. New cook, bland taste. He’s noticed since the retirement, business has slowed down. That’s our dinner tonight, an early TG meal... There was 30 of us and the bill came out to $600.
(3)

Hamburguesa sin cebolla, ha ha 🍔
(3)

We have a little Thrifty ice
cream store a block away from our house in Tijuana- Very popular. Oddly, all the names of the ice cream flavors are in English. Costs 35 pesos-about $1.50 U.S.
Yup, rocky road is yummy.

Honestly, there are so many American businesses in Mexico, you wouldn't know you're south of the border-Sears, Costco, Sams, Applebee's, Wal-Mart, Starbucks, 7/11 grocery, Chilies restaurant, KFC, Carl's Jr., Dominos Pizza, Burger King, (no Taco Bell however), etc. 
The  Mexicans love American fast food as much as we love their tacos and burritos north of the border, right MsMadge?
🌯 🌮 🌶 🍺 🍮 😋
(3)

Ha ha
It might just be a California reference - Rite Aid bought Thrifty Drug however many years ago
Thrifty ice cream was so well known and beloved that yes they still sell scoops on cones or in a cup
$1.99 on a sugar cone - best darn rocky road around
(3)

LOL, veronica!

I still want to know if rite aid sells scoops (like an ice cream shop?)😁
(3)

Glad just read your comment about Rite Aid and scoops. Had to page back to find it referred to ice cream. thought it might bee pooper scoops.
(3)

Rite Aid sells scoops?!
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter