Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I am steaming a tiny christmas pudding today (the recipe is easy enough to reduce as it has 1 cup of each ingredient lol). I also picked up the smallest butterball turkey I could find when they were on sale and today I've put it in the fridge to thaw, I figure that just because I am alone I shouldn't have to do without a feast with enough leftovers for sandwiches. And turkey soup. And plenty to freeze for another day.
(7)

Not cooking anything. My contribution will be the Christmas pudding which is already made. On the day it will come to the table flaming with brandy accompanied by brandy butter. How decadent can you get?
i wonder if you can get Christmas pudding down a feeding tube. Actually no problem there because I can eat small amounts.
(7)

With 4 days til Christmas Eve and counting, who is cooking what for the big meal?
We're doing something different this year-stuffed pork roast on the barbe (so says hubby), hum...
We'll see 'bout that part. Neither one of us need it but I've been craving a pie lately 😋
We've decided we love the Christmas lights so much we'll take them off the tree and frame the front window for the year! 🎄
(3)

Oh gosh, I will probably be unpopular for this, but I eat according to my normal routine except for Christmas dinner and maybe one or two other forays into extravagance. I have found as I get older that I don't feel as well after a food binge, so I avoid them -
mostly. What tastes great at the time, doesn't sit well afterwards, When I was younger, I could "punish" myself at will, but now I like my waistbands still fitting, no acid reflux, and my stomach not feeling ballooned better than that extra helping of stuffing or that delicious looking goodie.
(5)

Eating better at this time of year? Isn't that what new year's resolutions are for??
(2)

Cupcakes are a staple food, CDN. I think the World Health Organisation has a minimum intake recommendation for them, hasn't it?
(1)

Tonight I was trying to eat better and ended up having leftover pizza, cupcakes and blackberries. Maybe tomorrow I can try a salad.:-)
(0)

Hi MsMadge,

The Japanese food sounds delicious. Tonight I had tacos for dinner, one with chorizo and one with pulled pork.
(3)

Sashimi, tempura and gyoza
(3)

Very Lucky!!!
(3)

Hubby made delicious chicken flautas (shredded, boneless chicken rolled into a tortilla then fried), topped with sour cream, shredded lettuce, queso fresco (white fresh cheese), guacamole and salsa. Very yummy!
How lucky I am. 🌯🌯🌯
(4)

That talk of diabetes on another thread.. I made a recipe tonight from my magazine. Crab cakes, baked. I used fake crab meat as I had it in the freezer ( we love it on salads) and they are gobbling it up! I'll eat mine in a bit. Of course hubs and mom added cheese to theirs....
(7)

CM, it was too salty for me to enjoy it....I grew up with mom making bland food because Dad had high blood pressure. When I made friends in my 20's and we ate out at restaurants, I recall complaining that the food was so salty. It wasn't. I just wasn't used to eating salted food. My friends said that I will outgrow this. Well, 30 years later, I can say that I haven't.

MsMadge, I love orange chicken. A lunch plate of $7.00 includes 2 scoop of rice (steam? fried?), salad (??, lettuce in kimchee base, or macaroni with mayo) and one choice of meat. Just had it on Friday.
(5)

Kung pao and orange chicken
(5)

Thanks for the explanation Send about the Pink hot dogs! LOL Sorry about the confusion on my part. If I am ever in the area I will have to look for it.

I love burgers and fries! Nothing wrong with that for dinner.

I do love greens and I have to agree with you, it is time to do some shopping. Everyone is out in full force for the holidays, so I might have to do my shopping a little later in the evening.

bookluvr - I love salmon too.
(2)

Doubt it, Book! Your body is very good at regulating what elements get into your bloodstream :) It's year after year of eating nothing but French fries and hot dogs that lands a person in trouble, not the occasional treat.

Besides it sounds yummy - worth it???!
(2)

Fave sis gave me some of their extra barbecued salmon wrapped in aluminum foil as I was leaving her home. She and her hubby raved how delicious the salmon is. I came home and cooked rice to eat it with the salmon. It was very, very salty. It's a good thing that my blood lab result said that my sodium level is below normal. This very salty meal may have just pushed up my sodium level up to normal. =)
(3)

What's for dinner?

In-n-Out!

(2)

CDN,
Pinks Hot Dogs is a hot dog stand in L.A., recently in the news when they changed their PINK out for Dodger Blue for the World Series. It could only happen in L.A. Nice place to visit for an old time historical hot dog stand.
MsMadge KNOWS all the great famous places!

Freeze all those leftovers CDN, and go shopping!  Get some greens, if you like them. imo.
(3)

Hi MsMadge,

Tacos are one of my favorites! LOL - pink hot dogs, I have yet to find.

Another night of leftovers. Leftover mashed potatoes and ham. I will have to try and do something new this weekend.
(2)

Doghaus

Pinks hot dogs
(3)

Two tacos
(1)

Hi Send,

Hope you and your husband are feeling better.

All this talk of hot dogs and chili dogs, I will have to find a place to get one this weekend.

It was another night of leftovers. A bowl of mashed potatoes and ham.
(1)

Peanut Butter and Blackberry jam on seeded wheat bread.
1/2 small pizza.
Apple Juice
Now that dH took his Claritan before bed, he wants another one in the morning, thinking now he can go to work.
Starry starry night, he's not listening, he's not listening still,
perhaps he never will.......

Gershun,
I remember eating cold hot dogs at some time in my life. Along with the cold can of Francisco's spaghetti. Yum.
(2)

Lucky, you have the right idea. Get a chilly dog! Cold, chilly......what's the diff right?
(3)

Funny, I was craving a hot dog yesterday..............but then I thought, why not a cold dog. I mean it's not fair to discriminate against cold dogs. I mean seriously, get them sweaters, little warm boots..........something!!!
Not fair I say..........hears to all the cold dogs out there. :0
(3)

Oh thank you Luckylu! We are getting up right now, showering. He refused to take a Claritin.
Maybe we will go get a hot dog yet!
So kind of you to think of me.
(4)

Sue...It is so nice that your husband makes dinner.He sounds like a good cook.Now Iv'e got a hankerin' for a chili dog too.
Wish I could make one for Send.Such a bummer to be sick!Hope Send and her dH are better SOON~
(7)

Sue,
Dh and I are both sick. I am it for everything.
I too have a hankerin for a hot dog, but want it to be cooked for me.

Oh well, I am not as sick as he seems to be.
(4)

Hubby works at home, so he's the chef most of the time.
He always asks me what I want to have for dinner-most of the time I don't care.
Yesterday I had a terrible hankerin' for chili dogs with cheese and onions. They were yummy! 🌭🌭
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter