Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Pretty sure you have a concussion by talking with you via P.M. You can check out what you said again, not a criticism, but helping you.
Maybe you should stay IH about 3 days?
Where is your hubs about now?
(2)

Send, I told the police about the man earlier. All of her family wants her in psychiatric care. This wasn’t a good Monday morning for sure. But I feel okay. She did tell the police she had been watching the house. She saw my husband and his grandson leaving the house the other morning and hadn’t seen them since. I hope they keep her in the hospital. I’m not sure what I’ll do. Try to speed up our move to the lake. It’s gated with an armed guard 24/7 and no other way in.
(4)

Becky hope you get on with getting better, and maybe now you can get that (mostly useless but there it is) restraining order.
(4)

Becky,
That is just insane.
So sorry you were attacked by an insane person.
I hope you can recover quickly, and figure out a way to keep safe in the future.
Please report the man who was with her previously, tell the police the story-he also seemed aggressive.
If you feel up to it, do you want to talk about it on the "Caregivers Behaving Badly" thread?
Did you even see her there? You must be in shock!

Advice: Do not talk to her family at all. Nix that for legal reasons.
(3)

Holy smoke, it's almost like you're some kind of cr*p magnet Becky ☹️ I'm so sorry you had that happen, glad nothing is broken.
(4)

Becky,
That’s awful! Glad you are not seriously injured.
(1)

Golden, Went out the front door this morning - 4 steps down to wide walkway. The nutty lady that tried to get in the house last week hit me on the head with a piece of a 2" x 4" and I fell down the steps. Neighbor saw what happened and called the ambulance and police. I'm scraped up and have a knot on my head. I have to stay overnight for observation. Police took her to the state mental hospital. Her mother and sister heard about what happened. They came to the hospital. Long story, but she has a history from early childhood of intrusive behavior, blaming others for her problems, etc. they said she obnoxious, did things that offended people. They said they had tried everything to get her put in psychiatric facility. She said they did get her put in jail one time for than 18 months.

She has to go to court tomorrow for to get papered for a 60-day admission, hearing for permanent. Her mother said she would be there with all of her psych history. Local police will be there to tell about her pattern of being at our house and how irrational and antagonistic she is. The family and the police both think that she should be hospitalized indefinitely. Weird, but the time I was on the ground she kept yelling it was my fault, if I had given her therapy sessions she wouldn't have had to do anything. My fault, I don't think so.
(5)

Becky - in hospital, are you OK?
(1)

Not a very good dinner for me this evening. I'm in the hospital and experiencing their less than tasty cuisine. Hoping that someone will show up with a "rescue" dinner for me.
(3)

Forgot it was even Superbowl until just now. Had avacado,lettuce and tomato with mustard on wheat. jalapeno popper corn chips,bbq baked beans with flax seed sprinkled on top and some skim milk.
And some almond hershey's kisses for desert. They are are soooo addicting
(2)

Send, That stir fry sounds soooo good. Have to try that. What seasonings did you use?

The Patriots lost....so I'll have to have a small bite of chocolate.
(2)

Enjoy the superbowl! Make popcorn!  Hi Cdn!

Hubs and I were thinking of discarding the big stove because the oven is broken. We bought an induction cook plate, so trying to stirfry in the special pan (induction is magnetic-requires a special pan). It takes some getting used to, but it can turn itself off!
And the temperature can be set. I started by setting it only for 3 minutes at a time, ha ha. I am not sure it is safe for an elderly person. I just walked by it and it got turned off as I was wiping up something. You should see how fast dH wants to grab the hot pan off the hot plate, and put it in the sink! No, no, no! Maybe he thinks if he sabotages the process by ruining the pan, we won't need it, or s o m e t h i n g just crazy? Sheesh, get out of my kitchen, leave the new pan alone!!! hmmmmn. It is a fight to survive.
(4)

My stepson owns a sports bar and is having a Super Bowl buffet. I went over just before opening and fixed myself a plate. It was pretty good, wings, fried ravioli, lettuce wraps with chicken salad and some other nibbles. So far not such a good evening for the Patriots.
(3)

Hi Pam,

Wings and chili cheese soup sound good.

Hi Send,

A stirfry sounds perfect.

I'm still on the fence about dinner. Having some chocolate biscuits till I can decide. Maybe by half time I will make a decision.:-)
(2)

Turkey tenderloins in an asparagas stirfry.
(3)

Hubs made wings and I made chili cheese dip. That's as far we got..LOL lots of leftovers however.
(1)

Good for you Becky. It's always nice to have some quick meals in the freezer.

Booluvr the beef shank soup sounds so good.

Quiet Super Bowl Sunday. I made some spinach ravioli for lunch but still have no idea what to have for dinner. Maybe some potato skins but we'll see how it goes.
(2)

Takeout lunch - beef shank soup. Despite sis and I eating it for lunch, we still have lots leftovers for dinner. This time, instead of using Tabasco, I made my own native hot sauce with lots of onions and freshly smashed red hot pepper. Yum!!!!
(2)

Home alone and bored. So I started cooking for the freezer. I've made spaghetti sauce, hot dog chili and chicken and rice soup. Now I'm baking French bread. Not sure what's next - depends on if I get sleepy.
(6)

Ali, My son has called me 3 times today for finger food recipes for things to fix for his Super Bowl party. He does this every year. My husband is in Minneapolis for the game with one of his grandsons.

Book, I could eat each of the items in your dinner separately, but not together.
(3)

Book, those Cup O Noodle hit the spot when you're hungry and don't want to put much effort in. My stomach would revolt against an orange Fanta, too.

This talk of burgers sounds good. I have a 4 pack in my freezer that I put out to thaw. I'll cook those and put with some greens.

Any U.S. football fans making special treats for Super Bowl tomorrow??
(2)

Yesterday, I came home at 5pm after visiting fave sis.  I saw the porch with the mango blossoms and leaves all over. I swept the porch trying hard not to breathe in those strong smelling blossoms. No rice was cooked - because it's a weekend and sis is 'off.' When she saw me sweeping the porch, she quickly went and washed the rice pot. In the past, even when it's late like 5pm, I still cook rice & make dinner. I was tired.

So, dinner was what I could scrounge up. Beef Cup-O-Noodle. Still hungry. So, a mini bag of Vanilla Oreos. Still hungry, so I drank a can of Fanta Orange soda... Well.. It may have been delicious going down. But my stomach totally objected. I spent the next 4 hrs with an upset stomach and constant burping.... Never, ever will I mix Cup-o-Noodle with sweets.
(4)

Hi Sue,

Shrimp fried rice is one of my favorites! Thank you for the recommendation of Bello Polacio.

Hi Evermore99,

I don't know what to have for dinner tonight either, but I don't have enough to make jambalaya. So far I've had some chocolate almonds.

We've had a mini snow storm here today so I'm waiting a bit later to head out to the grocery store. I will have to load up for Super Bowl Sunday.
(2)

Making jambalaya right now because I didn't know what else to make.
(5)

Kung Pao Shrimp and Shrimp Fried Rice @ Bello Polacio Restaurant on 7th Street in Tijuana. Cheap and good.

Best Chinese food here. 😋
(3)

Burgers here tonight too, with cole slaw! Wings and dips tomorrow...
(3)

Navy bean soup, cornbread. Cherry jello with bananas and peaches.
(3)

Sounds so good Sue.

With Superbowl Sunday coming up, I couldn't resist some chicken wings and New England calm chowder.
(2)

BBQ'd hamburgers with the works and baked beans. Yum!
(5)

Thank you all for your Cheetos support.:-) I do try and read the ingredients and tell myself no, but sometimes I break down and have them anyway.

Tonight I was much better, it was chicken noodle soup and a bun.

Oh, Send! The mention of See's Candy reminds me of my dad. He would always bring us back a box of See's Candy from California! I haven't had a piece in probably 15 years at least! My dad always had a sweet tooth.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter