Follow
Read More
eh ,
its sunday . they must be huddled around one desk snorting crushed xanax .
(1)

lets see if theyre awake today .
you know why san francisco has their ' demographic and oakland has theirs ?
san fran got first pick .
(0)

them dam moderators are sitting on the edge of their chairs , muscles wound tighter'n a banjo string . they know ive been pretending " nice " for an unusual amount of time .
(1)

it'd be great if thats the worst thing i ever said on here -- but -- im sure it wont be .
(0)

Captain, 😂 LOL
(0)

best you can do is speak good about people after theyre dead .
theyre dead -- GOOD ..

little gallows humor . :)>
(2)

Yeah,

Certainly a mystery. Lord, sometimes we have to give up trying to figure out our kids or anyone else. All we can do is wish someone our best and move on.
(0)

a psycopath is a good example . study shows that psycopaths have , in their ancestry , hailed from large and / or impoverished families . that cut throat survival mentality changed their ancestors brain's and in fact the genetics ( wiring ) were altered accordingly .
(1)

kids can sure differ . my oldest son can stay his ass in chicago for as long as i live and i wont care . just a real condescending prick . you see their characteristics at a young age ' you see the danger but they arent likely to change .
in animal husbandry you learn that every few generations the genetic ' basics ' return to ground zero . that kid is not influenced by environment alone . to me it gives reincarnation some credence . someday you might just be " born again " .
(1)

Captain,

I happen to love your ‘Tell it like it is’ style. I respect a direct, no nonsense approach to life. I can’t stand a phony! I’m sure the detective and judge see that you are a ‘real’ person who is only interested in justice.

I have two daughters. One who loves ‘junk shops’ and is very eclectic in her style. My other daughter is a real ‘diva!’ She totally appreciates designer items.

I suppose I am a little of both. I like quality but I am not necessarily loyal to a certain brand. If I can get a deal, all the better!
(1)

early on , the detective jailed a young girl ( probation technicality ) to wring some info out of her . i wrote back and told him to " break the hor's fn kneecaps " .
he knew i was kidding , he also knew it was going to be a looong investigation for him . poor guy .
(0)

i learned from it . bought a beautiful old ' boot top ' knife from a junk shop a few weeks ago . the guy wasnt ready to sell it cause he hadnt researched its value yet . i offered him 20 bucks cause i figured he needed the 20 bucks . he accepted it . i gave him 25 just because its worth it . love the knife .
my fairness will come back to me . i cuss like a sailor and send my detective horrid jokes all the time . what you see is what you get . he has received that message quite clearly . very intelligent man .
him and the judge have had a good talk about me . im not at all worried about the content of that conversation .
(0)

Captain,

You have a kind heart.

Yep, a man bought daddy’s junk! Too funny. He showed me alright.
(1)

i bought a totally badassed ' kitchen ' style skinning knife from a gal a few years ago . it was clear she was selling anything she had for quick cash -- said the knife had been her grandpa's . it was priced 10 cents . i gave her a half a buck for it just to be less of a jerk . took it home , fell in love with it and left 5 bucks in her letterbox the next day .
i still ' stole ' it and still feel cheap about it but i'll bet she appreciated my gesture .
the knife is probably 150 years old .
(1)

the menfolk drive by and look for rusty junk . no junk , drive on .

just the way it is .
(1)

Captain,

My godmother had macular degeneration. Yeah, that’s tough.

Yard sale shoppers consider bargaining half the fun! I’m not a haggler if the price is right.

One time I asked my dad to help me host a yard sale because I was moving and didn’t want to pack up stuff. This was like a bazillion years ago. I was young and single trying to pick up a few bucks.

I told him that he was more than welcome to add anything to my items to sell. Geeeeeez, he added a bunch of crap! He put out a rusty bucket! Who buys a rusty bucket?

I looked at him like he had two heads and was sort of embarrassed to put his stuff out for sale. In my smart a** way I told him that he would never sell all his junk. He looked right back at me and said, “Sure I will.” So I said, “We’ll see about that.” Guess what? He sold it! Some of my nicer stuff was left behind. You never know what will attract a buyer or who your customers are. I didn’t have kids then.

Later on after I was married my neighbor asked me to help her out with a yard sale and I did. We put our daughters out in front with a lemonade stand and they made a fortune!

My daughter is pretty cute and a boy in the neighborhood paid her $5.00 for a small cup of lemonade! I told her that she couldn’t accept the money and called his mom to tell her. I didn’t think she would want him spending $5.00 on a 50 cents cup of lemonade. She confessed that he was in love with my daughter and said to let her keep the money. I felt so badly for that kid because my daughter barely gave him the time of day!

He was a funny kid. Very smart and always said that he would end up being the president! Hahaha His dad was a pilot in the Middle East and he was a passionate kid. He ended up going to college in D.C. on a scholarship and has a job there! He still keeps in touch with my daughter on Facebook.
(1)

i never found this quite as funny , but if it was 20 cents she'd offer them a dime for it .

i dont do that . its insulting to someone who has all but given away the item to begin with .
(1)

i usedta take my mom yard sale - ing . macular degeneration had taken quite a toll by this late age . she'd pick up an object and ask me " how much was it ? " , if the price sounded acceptable she would then ask " what is it ? " ..

pretty funny stuff :)
(1)

my mother in a nutshell . strangely enough , she was right . if you leave that stuff on the shelf for a week or two the price mysteriously drops .
i recently proved it with chicken livers . the store reduced the container size . i wouldnt go anywhere near them . wasnt long the container size corrected itself .
(1)

😋 Yummy! Captain. You remind me of my grandma. She refused to pay more than she wanted to pay. My grandpa would sneak it into the grocery cart for her to have it. She would get mad at him for spending the extra nickel! She got over it though. He would tell her that the depression was over.
(0)

im still ' on ' the pork rib tips today . i think i'll boil them off the bone then hit em with egg noodles . mushroom bits would be nice but theyre up 10 cents right now .
" i aint'ta payin it " .
(1)

those green beans sound good . actually i bought the dehydrated onions because i just bout 8 cases of canned green beans and i like frying them to nearly the blackened stage . thought onion bits would really enhance them .
(1)

They had fish and chips, sauteed garlic parmesean green beans, and cherry cobbler.

I just had some black beans, red oinions, pepperjack cheese and some rice crackers. Lemon yogurt

Captain, I do not think you are highjacking the thread, I think we all talk about things non thread related at times. It is good you are considering your self care especially to be there for another.
(4)

You’re very welcome, Captain

It’s very kind of you to remember your coworker. I’m sure your thoughtfulness will be appreciated.
(1)

thanks needhelp,
i bought a little led penlight for one of the ' freedom challenged ' guys today . we arent supposed to gift anything but you know how rules go . hes my equivalent in the machine repair field and hell cant keep us apart when either of us have a machine technical issue . my supervisor cant see the writing on the wall -- im going to end up in that big shop and shes going to be cleaning outhouses herself . lol
(1)

Going to get sushi. Goodnight all. Enjoy dinner!
(1)

Captain,

No need for an apology. Really. Happy to listen.
(0)

eh,
sorry to sidetrack this thread so much . im going thru all the essential motions . new job , new aquaintances , workin on the home and auto , making beer , etc , but this crap is absolutely foremost in my mind .
(2)

that day could be ' any freakin moment ' . heck yea , keeps a person on edge . an anxiety cocktail .
(1)

Captain,

Keep the faith. It’s going to happen. The hard part is the waiting. You will have your day in court. We all want to celebrate with you when that day comes. That will be a day that I crack open two beers! One for me and one for you.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter