Follow
Read More
i can cross her radar again . tomorrow morning after work im dropping off two beers for one of the tire men . i'll leave 2 for " dora " . if she doesnt like beer she can kindly decline them .
i just cant see why a woman would expose such a vulnerability as ( very ) hairy legs to a stranger unless she wanted to see what i was made out of or shes just a little shock jock .
im not shocked . i wouldnt shave my dam legs every day either just because society deemed it necessary .
(3)

The only magizines I get are cooking ones, and since I work the next 3 days.. I tried out a recipe for ham and egg cups.. you mix them up with eggs. cottage cheese and cheese, and ham chunks then bake them. It made 12, and they are only 100 cal each and 3 carbs.. so I am taking 3 for breakfast tomorrow and plenty for Mom and Gary. With fruit it should be a good breakfast, if they taste as good as they smelled! I'll let you know. The food at the hospital is sooo expensive, and we get no discounts.. and on the weekend the cafeteria is closed ( I know,, what the heck) and we are stuck with a fast food court. I like my cooking better any day!
(4)

maybe the gal just has a friendly nature . ive no way of knowing . if she copped a shine to me it would only take a few words with the tire crew to find out anything she wants to know about me . its a small town . im not hard to find .
the same avatar thats on here ( kaiser wilhelm with a beard beret ) is also on the side of my truck . im sure she noticed that too . so -- im id'd .
i hope she stalks me , he he
(3)

wow ,
you wont believe what happened to me today . sitting at the tire shop . a 50 ish yr old woman came in to cater lunch for the workers . she complimented on my beard . i told her it wasnt nice looking she was just being kind . told her i cant understand why people shave their faces daily . she said she cant imagine why people shave at all , then hiked up her pantleg and showed me lower legs hairier than my own .
heres the interesting part ; this woman is freaking beautiful . im at the age ( 60 ) wheras i dont give one sht about connecting with anyone unless its just a match made in heaven . this woman slammed my heart with a sledgehammer !! .
i'll bet " keeping it real " is her middle name . if she felt the electricity that i felt ( she seemed brilliant ) i'll bet our paths will cross again . she seemed smart enough to make that happen even without my dumbassed help .
(6)

Captain,

Robots are all over! They have the vacuums like that. One word of caution though. Don’t get a puppy, go to work and program the auto floor robot to vacuum.

My friend did that. His poor little pup had diarrhea and well, I am sure you can imagine what he came home to. He called me up and sounded so upset. I felt sorry about what happened but I must admit when I hung up the phone I cracked up!

Life in our modern world! He had to call a carpet cleaning service to clean up after the robot and his puppy. What a mess!
(3)

Cap, I am a stay at home wife, but I carry mace and won't hesitate to use it.
(4)

im waiting on the mop that you can just leave instructions with as you leave to go to work .
ive bout given up on finding a ' stay at home ' type domestic partner . they have seemingly gone extinct and the newer models all carry that dam keychain mace and wont hesitate to use it .
(3)

Isthisreallyreal,

The steam mop makes mopping quicker for me. Sure beats an old fashioned mop to me.

Yes, that dish sounds great and super easy too. A winner!
(0)

Need, love my shark steam cleaner. I put a bit of vinegar to stop water spots and easy peasy clean floors.

I recommend trying that Spanish potatoes dish, it is so simple and so delicious. I made enough to mix it up with pams ideas, but I think we will be enjoying this batch as is. My hubby loved it.
(3)

Captain,

Yes! A steam mop. Don’t knock it until you try it. Hahaha

I do love it. Don’t love mopping but I love the mop. I put on music when I clean. Makes it go by faster and nicer to have music to work to.

I am weird. I guess we all have our quirks. I don’t mind throwing clothes in the washer but I hate hanging up and putting them away. My laundry room has a lot of hanging space and sometimes the clothes end up staying in there for a couple of days, sort of like an extra closet.

I don’t mind loading dishwasher but I hate unloading it. Hahaha It is an extra cabinet until I unload.

Funny, I grew up without a dishwasher. Every apartment I had I did dishes by hand, no dishwasher. Kind of seemed easier.

No washer and dryer in most of my apartments. Laundry mat days. They were boring then but I hear now there are some fun laundry mats in town. You can wash clothes, order a burger and a beer, shoot pool and listen to a band all at the same time!
(2)

Isthisreallyreal,

That sounds yummy!
(0)

Pamzis spanish potatoes! Oh my! Thanks a bundle Pam, this dish was a hit.

I layered purple potatoes, grass fed hamburger, red and green bell peppers, purple and yellow onions, fresh garlic, diced tomatoes with salt and pepper, about 3/4 cup homemade bone broth drizzled over the top, baked at 425° for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Crazy good and going to be in the recipe book for future.

Thanks again for sharing! I can hardly wait for the leftovers, which will only be better😀
(3)

" steam mop " . whatever next ?

wise ( assed ) british commenters often claim " it's " ( man / woman relationship dynamics ) been going downhill ever since we gave them the mangle . ( mechanical clothes wringer ) .

its kinda true . i have a young woman for a supervisor now . she has not only progressed from sitting ' under ' the desk but has in fact taken over the lush swivel chair .

glad she cant read my mind .
(1)

Steam mop, great idea, gonna get me one.
(1)

Madge,

Do you have a steam mop? I got one a few years back. I love it. First of all, no need to buy detergent again. The steam disinfects. The floor dries almost immediately. It’s quicker to mop wit it. You may need an extension cord to cover your whole floor. I do. I have a big kitchen. Wish I didn’t. Wish I could shrink my house!

I never did understand the swiffer craze. Buying the pads. Buying the special detergent. Ongoing expenses. Crazy to me. I hate wasting money!

The steam mop does a great job cleaning without detergent. If you absolutely want to use something you can use a spray bottle and mist the floor with vinegar. The pads are taken off and thrown in the washing machine.
(2)

" mop the floor , or not "

i love humor -- and that highly qualifies imo . :)>

im up rather early too . if im going to be the snowplow guy this winter at the forest i might as well pop a couple of gears out of my biological clock right now . they would only cause problems later on with their " how its supposed to be " BS .
(2)

Yum! Pour me a cup of coffee ☕️ too! Just cream, no sugar, please 😊.
(1)

Of course pancakes require coffee

guess I’ll be up for awhile tonight

maybe I’ll mop the floor or not
(3)

I like breakfast for dinner sometimes.
(2)

I’m at ihop

I'm not a pancake 🥞 freak but my local diner closes at 10 pm on weekdays and it’s now 10:12 pm

the Viking however would have loved pancakes for dinner
(5)

My daughter is visiting. She was invited to a conference by her professor.

He is her favorite professor at her university. She’s a business major and he used to work for many years in finance before teaching.

He was able to invite a few students to attend the conference and he selected my daughter. The conference was yesterday and today at the Hyatt (downtown New Orleans) She’s coming over for dinner tonight and asked for shrimp creole.
(3)

cwille,

Roasted veggies are so flavorful. Yum!
(1)

Potatoes, carrots, onions, rutagaga, mushrooms and some celery - I've got two pans in the toaster oven, some for tonight and some for the future. Love my roast veggies!
(I chopped them smaller this time and divided them into two pans so they shouldn't take forever like the last time)
(3)

JColl7.. I am on my way,, that is my favorite meal!
(3)

We had comfort food tonight. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, string beans, hot roll and oh yeah, I also had a glass of red wine 🍷.
For dessert, I made little ice cream sandwiches using spiced wafers and vanilla ice cream. Did I say comfort foods??? 😋
(6)

I don’t use flour in my loaded baked potato soup.
(1)

bummer,
left my pork and noodles out all night and they began spoiling . i s'pect its all up to the acidity of various foods . you cant pay chili to spoil but beans will start fermenting right in the fridge .

its hard to prepare food for one person . you wanna make enough to make it worthwhile but theres nobody to help eat it up .
(3)

Hey, Captain

Manhattan clam chowder or New England clam chowder?

Completely different! I like both but New England style has a slight edge for me.

Real, which one do you think is best? Do you like clams?

We aren’t a clam area here. We have oysters in Louisiana! But I have had it when traveling.
(1)

Real,

I make it like you do. It’s so good. Side salad with it is all you need. My hubby likes this soup a lot!
(1)

Loaded baked potato soup is far superior if you use only potatoes and thin with broth. Then add chunked potatoes and ingredients to your liking. Flour just isn't right in it.

Just my personal opinion.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter