Follow
Read More
Captain,

She may surprise you! You never know. Usually we meet someone when we aren’t even looking for somebody.

Wait, I take that back. Nowadays, there is all this internet dating. Personally, that wouldn’t be for me but others have had success and if it works, great!

I know people that have done the internet dating and heard wonderful stories and disasters as well. So who knows?

I’ve known people who met in church and had horrible marriages and others who met at a bar and had terrific marriages. There is no rhyme or reason when it comes to love, huh?
(2)

need help , im always wearing socks .
i dont plan to clean the place up much when nick and child services come knocking . its been my policy to be very real with the detective and other authorities . on the other side are people trying pretending to be something that theyre not . if i were the judge i know what id prefer .
(3)

i dont think im ever going to hear from dora . shes awfully pretty . my looks in comparison can only be described as ' grievous ' .
im gonna have some storebought pizza and a cold beer and write it off as " her problem " .
(4)

Captain,

You are too funny! Only six years? Have to ask. Do you walk barefoot on your floor? Hahaha
(1)

ive been thinking about mopping my kitchen floor too -- for 6 friggin years to be exact .
(3)

Isthisreallyreal,

What a great gift to give people! I think they are great and will NEVER go back to old fashioned mopping again. Floors come out so clean. I love how it dries so quickly too. It’s just faster to mop with too.
(0)

Me too! Ha ha ha ha.

We do actually eat shark many Friday nights (it's the usual fish in Aussie fish & chip shops) but I thought most of you were US. & I was really surprised. LOL ++
(2)

Shark.
Shark for dinner.
Had to read a mile back before I understood no one is having Shark for dinner here.
Lol everyone.
(3)

Thank you Isthisreal- That is what I am leaning towards is a Shark.
I can't wait to get one, I cannot believe i had no clue. I would have had one long ago.

Ankle length hair, that is awesome, I wish mine would grow that long, It only goes past my waist. How long did it take you to grow? Do you trim it?
(0)

Smeshque, I have been using Shark since they were sold on infomercials and I will never buy anything else.

They are an awesome company to deal with, you can return the item if you are not satisfied with the performance.

They honor their warranty like no other company, none of this you pay to send it to us, they ask questions and send you the replacement parts. I have bought so many that I should own stock. I have given every female friend and relative a Shark steam mop or vacuum as a gift, they all have loved them and all say it is the last brand they will ever own.

I am contemplating getting a new dual vacuum, the self cleaning beater bar is so tempting, between my ankle length hair and my hairy dog it would save me time.

I recommend getting one and if you are unhappy with it, return it.
(2)

Thanks NHWM, I anticipate liking it lots, will let you know.
(1)

Smeshque,

Shark and Bissell are both good. Let us know how you like it!
(0)

So many brands of steam mop, how does one know which is best? I am going to get one as soon as I figure which is the best
(0)

Madge,

Wow, no wonder you were debating whether to mop or not. My steam mop works great. I have ceramic tile in my kitchen. Maybe it depends on the flooring though.
(0)

Captain,

A toast to you with a fantastic 🍺 to wish you all the happiness in life that you deserve! I have faith! Not giving up and you better share the good news with all of us when it happens. 😊
(0)

Barb,

Yum! Sounds delicious.

Hope your eldest gets well soon. You’re right about parenting. So hard to see them suffer. My oldest has Chron’s disease and diabetes and she lands in the ER too. They’re our babies no matter how old they are!
(0)

Barb, Your menu for the evening sounded good. I haven’t been very inspired since I started dialysis. Plus the kidney diet isn’t particularly tasty.
(1)

im having sprouted then roasted barley that was reduced down to a heavy syrup then rehydrated , fermented , bottled and carbonated .
in the case of these darks , it truly can be a healthy occasional meal substitute . 60 million germans cant all be wrong .
(3)

Ribeye, brussel sprouts and rice simmered in beef broth. Spent the day monitoring my eldest who was in the ER with severe stomach pain. She's home now. Parenthood never ends....
(3)

usps just sent a message that my malt is down in the mailbox .
he he. i took a liquid style air freshner to work this am and put it in my company ( state ) truck . later i saw the supervisor girl rummaging around in my truck to get her monthly " trip log " documents . im sure she noticed the air freshner and realized that heres my compromise re : tobacco use in company vehicles . i wish them luck . i havent been able to do anything with me in 60 years .
(0)

i just pulled a bottle off the rack to place into the freezer . one of them ( midstack ) exploded . i think its fate talking to me again . it said : stop bottling down so near to the sediment you cheap bstrd , you know they'll overcarbonate .
(1)

i have an interesting theory in my " older " age . looking back , at each occasion what ended up happening was whatever ( even if it was in hindsight ) made the most common sense .
things that make sense find a way of ' causing ' themselves to happen . if something doesnt seem to be falling into place , sometimes i dont press the issue much . maybe just wasnt meant to happen .

re; nick .
there are very intelligent people looking at the options for nicks future . i dont have access to the bigger picture . if me and my home are deemed worthy of raising the kid , they will make it happen . call it fate / destiny if you want but i prefer to think that common sense will heavily influence the outcome ( imo ) as it should .

re; dora.
SHE might have made the first move by showing me her hairy legs ( to gauge my reaction ) . i might have been singled out because one can tell from a distance that society doesnt influence who i am one bit either .

if i hear back it'll be largely about that beer :)>
ive never drank a better beer in my life and i dont give a dam who made it .
(0)

captain - I admire men for making the first move. It takes nerves to risk rejections.
(1)

well i got up the nerve to leave ' dora ' a beer today along with the note bout showing her how to make the killer breadsticks . if she contacts me , fine , if she doesnt i dont think i'll lose any sleep over it . i spent 18 years with a skank who always felt like she had compromised . if i ever connect with anyone again id like for it to be because they respect me and feel fortunate to have me .
(2)

MsMadge, perhaps the one you had was defective. Mine is a steaming rag. The entire mop steams when in use.

However, I could have a different model or a newer version.

I used mine at my office in a structural steel fabrication plant and it cleaned my ceramic tile and grout to sparkling each and every time.
(2)

For dinner? Nothing.

Should be cooking but sitting outide after a +35 C day.
(1)

msmadge,
one thing about it . if a culinary enthusiast is too jerky to try someone elses concoction , then , job done . i wouldnt have further interest in such a person . eccentricity is great but not when its for the sake of being ' superior ' .
i complimented the gal's ( hairy legs ) -- er -- spirit of individuality . if she cant try my beer with equal openmindedness and honesty then she can ( as the beloved brits would say ) just jog on .
(1)

I had one of those shark steam mops - I have to say I found it to be useless as the steam only comes out a wee bitty hole

I however love the dry swifter to first remove the surface dust -

dang vinyl flooring though is hard to clean because of the texture so occassionally use a scrub brush

next use a wonder mop soaked in warm water borax and vinegar but it never looks clean enough
(0)

She sounds like she likes beer, Cap

good on you -
(1)

these beers are badass . two of them down my neck and , hell , I'D " do " me !!
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter