Follow
Read More
i think ive mentioned before that my aunt edna used to use crushed spicy ( snack type ) pork rinds in her cornbread . she was a delight to observe in the kitchen . what she used most was her imagination .

a couple of times when i was staying with her she concocted something resembling persimmon pudding bars but they were made with what was lying around . probably canned pumpkin , marshmallows , coconut , and i believe walnuts . i remember them being one of the best desserts ive ever eaten to this day .

i used to make something that came close though . you sit a half gallon of vanilla ice cream out on the counter to soften for a few minutes then ' smoosh ' it into a pan of crumb crust , then top it with your typical banana split toppings ( banana's and nuts too ) and refreeze it . make an extra one too cause theyre pretty distressing to run short of .
(1)

They had steak, mashed potatoes with skin on, gravy, greek salad,pecan, praline cream ice cream for desert

I had cheese and pineapple pizza, greek salad, and some chocolate toffee ice cream.

Isthisreal- me too. our hair is our covering and glory.
(2)

Cwille,

Sounds delicious! I would love either one of those.
(0)

My grandmother made a sweet cornbread with sour cream - well I guess it was really more of a cake it was so rich and good! I like savoury corn breads too especially alongside chili, I used to have a good recipe that had jalapenos and cheese in it. Ahhh, but I don't cook like that any more so I haven't had either for years.
(4)

Pam,

I do love cornbread. Wow, maple syrup sounds fantastic in it. I like the sweet or savory. Hubby prefers the sweet. Have to try that. Thanks for sharing.
(1)

Tiny I am not a cornbread fan, but we used to go to NH every summer, and while there I had it made with a big dose of maple syrup, and it was wonderful! I add it to mine now when I make it for hubs. Keeps it moister..
(0)

Tiny,

Sweet or savory cornbread? What kind of beans?
(0)

Beans cornbread and fried potatoes. What can I say...I live in Oklahoma...
(4)

Isthisreallyreal,

Long hair is beautiful. Crystal Gayle always had her long hair. Cher did too.
(0)

Need, it is easy to care for. I can put it in a bun in 30 seconds and I am ready to go. It doesn't take anymore time to wash then any other hair.

I don't use a blow dryer, I air dry it.

My great nieces and nephews call me auntie tangled because of my hair. I love it because they came out with it when they were little bits.

My hair is 5'-6" long. I think rapunzel beat me😉

Really long nails are freaky nasty.
(3)

Real long finger nails and worse toe nails really GROSS me out!
(2)

Isthisreallyreal,

When I think of long hair I think of Rapunzel, Lady Godiva, Crystal Gayle, Sampson and everyone in the 60’s!

Do you wear your hair down or pulled up? How long was Crystal Gayle’s hair? Did it reach her ankles? Do you trim yours? Is it hard to manage with washing and drying?

We need to look up stats in a book of records to see who has the longest hair! I like quirky trivia for fun. That woman that has the extremely long fingernails scares me though. Hahaha
(2)

Smeshque, I think that you will be very happy with your decision.

I haven't put scissors to my hair since I gave my heart to the Lord 20 years ago. It is my glory and covering according to the word of The Lord in 1 Corinthians 11:15.
(2)

Captain,

What is life without a little adventure? Right?
(2)

my instincts are about adequate enough to keep me out of jail ( most of the time ) .

i get tickled when the forestry sends me out to " watch " the freedom challenged . its like leaving the fox in charge of the henhouse .
(3)

Captain,

True, if it’s meant to be, it’ll happen. If not, there was no harm in dreaming, natural to me. I guess I fall somewhere between an dreamer and a realist.
(1)

Captain,

Follow your instincts. I love someone who is genuine. I appreciate what you’re saying.
(0)

she didnt mace me . i may have built up a little false hope based on that alone .
(3)

Captain,

She may surprise you! You never know. Usually we meet someone when we aren’t even looking for somebody.

Wait, I take that back. Nowadays, there is all this internet dating. Personally, that wouldn’t be for me but others have had success and if it works, great!

I know people that have done the internet dating and heard wonderful stories and disasters as well. So who knows?

I’ve known people who met in church and had horrible marriages and others who met at a bar and had terrific marriages. There is no rhyme or reason when it comes to love, huh?
(2)

need help , im always wearing socks .
i dont plan to clean the place up much when nick and child services come knocking . its been my policy to be very real with the detective and other authorities . on the other side are people trying pretending to be something that theyre not . if i were the judge i know what id prefer .
(3)

i dont think im ever going to hear from dora . shes awfully pretty . my looks in comparison can only be described as ' grievous ' .
im gonna have some storebought pizza and a cold beer and write it off as " her problem " .
(4)

Captain,

You are too funny! Only six years? Have to ask. Do you walk barefoot on your floor? Hahaha
(1)

ive been thinking about mopping my kitchen floor too -- for 6 friggin years to be exact .
(3)

Isthisreallyreal,

What a great gift to give people! I think they are great and will NEVER go back to old fashioned mopping again. Floors come out so clean. I love how it dries so quickly too. It’s just faster to mop with too.
(0)

Me too! Ha ha ha ha.

We do actually eat shark many Friday nights (it's the usual fish in Aussie fish & chip shops) but I thought most of you were US. & I was really surprised. LOL ++
(2)

Shark.
Shark for dinner.
Had to read a mile back before I understood no one is having Shark for dinner here.
Lol everyone.
(3)

Thank you Isthisreal- That is what I am leaning towards is a Shark.
I can't wait to get one, I cannot believe i had no clue. I would have had one long ago.

Ankle length hair, that is awesome, I wish mine would grow that long, It only goes past my waist. How long did it take you to grow? Do you trim it?
(0)

Smeshque, I have been using Shark since they were sold on infomercials and I will never buy anything else.

They are an awesome company to deal with, you can return the item if you are not satisfied with the performance.

They honor their warranty like no other company, none of this you pay to send it to us, they ask questions and send you the replacement parts. I have bought so many that I should own stock. I have given every female friend and relative a Shark steam mop or vacuum as a gift, they all have loved them and all say it is the last brand they will ever own.

I am contemplating getting a new dual vacuum, the self cleaning beater bar is so tempting, between my ankle length hair and my hairy dog it would save me time.

I recommend getting one and if you are unhappy with it, return it.
(2)

Thanks NHWM, I anticipate liking it lots, will let you know.
(1)

Smeshque,

Shark and Bissell are both good. Let us know how you like it!
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter