Follow
Read More
Plop plop fizz fizz
(5)

Sounds yummy Send. Do you have that with a pepto bizmo chaser?
(1)

Lactaid.
(2)

Never shop when you are hungry!
Or, better yet, not when you are too hungry, tired, angry, or stressed.

Bavarian Chocolte pudding.
Macaroni and Cheese.
Green salad with chicken breast.
Spiced Cider.
(4)

my chili is just perfect tonight . its no mystery why . flaked red pepper takes some time to permeate the rest of the ingredients . in fact the tomato and onion also take time to marry with the rice and beans .
i use dark red kidney beans . canned chili beans have that obnoxious chili powder in them .
id like to control the flavor myself -- dont need interference .
(5)

I make an orange habenero marmalade.
Super good, nice heat
(2)

Glad,

That is exactly how I serve it. You too?

Some people at the farmers market sell the spicy pickles too. So good!

My husband doesn’t like too much spice. My daughters do. One can’t handle certain foods anymore due to Chron’s disease but the other one eats it.

I have friends that like spice and others that don’t. One of my friends only buys the baked goods at the farmers market. She would never try the spicy stuff.
(1)

NHWM, do you serve that pepper jelly with cream cheese and crackers?
(1)

We do have Sam’s here. Costco too. Also, Trader Joe’s.

I like spicy things. I love the pepper jelly that is sold at our farmers markets. Yum!
(1)

NHWM- do you have a Sam's club? That is where we got it.
It is super good. You'd love it.
(0)

Smeshque,

I would definitely go for that cheese.
(1)

They had- chili verde, homemade flour tortillas, rice, sauteed bell peppers and onions, and apple cobbler.

I had a black bean burrito and a lemon yogurt.

Isthisreal- I imagine your chili is the bomdiggidy.(however one spells that. :) )

NHWM- we make venison chili often too. It is a favorite to these folks here.

Oh yeah and I found a cheese I think is super yummy. It is colby/monteray jack with habenero, jalapeno, and chipotle, suoer yum and has a nice little kick.
(2)

Isthisreallyreal,

Too funny! Well, he knew the kind of chili he liked. Hahaha. You did have his approval!

You are a marvelous cook. Wendy’s May sound like an insult at first but when you put it in the context of that being his favorite chili, then it’s a great complement from him! I can see how you got a chuckle out of it though. I am glad that you looked at his heart.

Sweet story. Thanks for sharing.
(1)

I have to tell a chili story, hopefully I haven't already shared it.

My mom, step-dad and another couple were coming to our home and then we were all going camping.

I told them that I would have dinner ready for them when they got here, I am making chili so it will be good whenever you get here.

We all sit down to eat and the gentleman with them was saying that my chili rated right up there with Wendy's chili. Oh, okay. His wife and my parents were like super excited, No, you don't understand, Wendy's is his all time favorite chili, he doesn't ever say anyone has chili like Wendy's.

We all had a good laugh at my expense and I still don't know if I was being complemented since I don't care for fast food.🤔

It was good, right up there with Wendy's apparently. Everyone ate a hearty dinner and we had a great camping trip.
(5)

im going to bed . the only future i can see is tomorrow and its going to be colder'n a welldiggers ass in the klondike out there tomorrow .
(1)

im not downhearted about anything ( except my sons death ) . one phone call , any day , could see me prematurely retired and raising a grandson .
none of us can see the future . thats what makes the future so scary . very little control of the events that will unfold .
(1)

Yeah, I get that Captain. Too much trouble for one person if you aren’t in the mood to do it.
(0)

ive been thinking about the killer chilidogs i used to make for the family but theres no family here to eat them . too much preparation for a 5 minute meal for one person .
(1)

I find a lot of people are passionate about chili. Kind of like BBQ. Everyone claims to have the best!

Yeah, cooking can be fun. Cooking can get old too. I get what you’re saying about cooking.
(0)

i dont put too much effort into cooking anymore . i only eat every 24 hours so it could taste pretty lousy and i'll still be glad to eat it .

never was picky about anything . the chili's not bad . could have used mushroom bits but im too cheap to buy them .
(1)

Yum, Captain. Your recipe? Or a passed down family recipe?

I do soups. I have not done chili but I love it. My neighbor does a fantastic venison chili. I don’t know how he makes it, but it’s fabulous!

He goes hunting. They have a hunting cabin north of here. He always saves me some of the chili. I bake homemade cakes for him. Nice trade. Hahaha

His wife has the best of all worlds. She just eats! She never cooks. In fact she hates to cook. He just laughs and says that it’s a good thing he didn’t marry her for her cooking.
(1)

im making chili . its that time of year .
one cold azz day in the forestry .
(1)

I just do a sauerkraut and kimchi.

I put beets, garlic, dill and onion in my sauerkraut and then I put radish, onion, garlic and ginger in my kimchi.

All or some of the ingredients to mix things up.
(1)

Isthisreal-Glad is correct, it is supposed to be lacto fermented. I will send you the recipe I use. They are delicious
I too into fermented foods. What all do you do?
(0)

I think that lactose was an auto spell check substitution. I think it should be lacto.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/08/lacto-fermented-dill-pickle-recipe.html
(0)

Smeshque, what are lactose fermented pickles?
I am completely into fermented food, especially kimchi, the spicier the better. I also love garlic dill sauerkraut.

Those pickles sound interesting, can you share the recipe, 🙃
(0)

They had Swedish meatballs, rice, sauteed garlic, Parmesan green beans, salad, and easy pumpkin fluff pie.

My usual.
(5)

Cheesecake!!!! Yum!!!

They had some bbq beef crockpot ribs, brocoli and cheddar rice, potato salad, bbq baked beans, deviled eggs, salad, cinnamon rolls for desert.
I had made some cheddar brocoli soup yesterday, and DH says that would be good over some rice, so hence the brocoli cheddar rice, he loved it.

Me-black beans, salad, lemon yogurt

I had some lactose fermented dill pickles going and we all tried them today. Yum!! Gourmet pickles.
DH especially liked them, so another batch will be started next week, as well as some more kimchi.
(4)

Cheesecake!
(3)

Rainy and drizzley here, and hubs made.. Bean Soup! He got some awesome ham broth from the butchers we use, and it is tasty. I only had a nibble as I went to a caregivers tea with a friend, and they loaded us up with great food and desserts. ( I have to get blood work tomorrow am,, there goes my blood sugar test.. LOL) And they gave each of us an adorable tea pot ( from the Rea Drummond collection) as a gift. It was very nice and I am so glad I went
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter