Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
My mom and I went out for chicken burgers after hanging drapes and moving furniture for Gramps. We were exhausted and it was a welcome treat!
The fries had just come out of the deep-fryer and they were 👌
(4)

I made spaghetti and meatballs for my Italian hubby. Daughter is coming for dinner. I am a wannabe Italian! Italian food is delicious.
(3)

Deluxe pizza-I have been wanting a good garbage pizza lately.
(2)

Homemade ham-&-pineapple pizza.
(3)

ive put another pot of chili on . the last one was gone too quickly .
(3)

Last night's dinner was delivered.
Spaghetti and meatballs, Salad (with olives and mozzarella cheese),
Pizza (with sausage).

Not sure what was in the meatballs, but deli ham flavor and consistency. Say what?
(1)

Cm- I do like spicy and curry.
Isthis real I try and just use vegetable stock but I know how bone stock gives more flavor. Would like to have your recipe.
Polar- very good tips, definitely will use
I appreciate you all.
(1)

Miso in soup, Polar. Does that make a big difference? Soups are my favorite thing to cook in the fall and winter. I have not tried that in soup. Is it in the Asian section of a regular grocery or do I go to a specialty store or Asian supermarket, or amazon?
(1)

Hi smeshque - I don't have a vegetable stew recipe to share, but when I cook soups, I find a few things that help boost the flavor:

--roasting the vegetables before putting into the soups
--tomatoes
--lots of mushrooms
--a little bit of miso paste (Japanese fermented soybean paste)
--grilled/caramelized onions

Hope these help.
(3)

Smeshque, do you use any bone broth or beef stock?

I have found adding parsnips and turnips to a stew is a game changer.

I will send you my recipe and you can leave out the meat, but I am not sure if you don't use bone broth or something if it will be as good.
(1)

Do you like curry/spices, Smeshque? There are lots of fabulous vegetarian recipes in Indian cookery.
(1)

Anyone have a really yummy VEGETABLE STEW recipe?
(1)

Herbed roast chicken, brussel sprouts, roast carrots, orange cinnamon cranberry sauce, and black coffee with a square of dark chocolate for dessert.
(4)

Where I’m on vacation has wonderful food. Too many indulgences.
(6)

Pamzi, my mouth is watering, yummo!
(1)

I spent today just putzing around the house, and DD came over for awhile. Got lots of smallish chores done. But I did bake a caramel pecan Danish log. OH boy is that yummy!! And mayday, I love anthing with saurkraut!!
(1)

Was listening to a local radio station just now and heard a fabulous interview from one of our local chefs who interviewed this wonderful woman.

They just put out a new cook book and she announced the name of their blog. The blog is really good. Here is the website for these talented 8 women who are all innkeepers and fabulous cooks! 8broads.com

Check it out. They are fun and great cooks! I love the personal touch of a bed and breakfast. We stayed in several of them in New England. Loved it!
(1)

Instant pot is great for chicken soup, etc....

I buy chicken on sale, stick it in the instant pot with a can of chicken broth, cook it up.... Debone chicken, and I have dinner for my furry pets and not so furry family... It tastes good. and healthy - I think...

Yo can use the chicken meat for other recipes too. It's simple...
(1)

Get tired of trying to make something that falls short of... well it filled the gut, response...

I looked and found polish sausage. I decided not to ask better half what's for dinner again... I purchased BUBBIES spicy saurkraut, and simmered the kielbasa and kraut. Yup it was that easy, and boy, did I really enjoy it.!! Yum. It was so easy and filled my taste buds with my youth of my Grandparents cooking....

Didn't care what the dinner response was going to be... Obviously if I asked, the answer would not change... Now I don't care... It filled the gut.. And the effort was effortless,. Cut the package open, slice up the sausage, crack open the jar of kraut, and thar you got it!! DINNER !!! :)
(2)

Barb, that sounds delicious.

Lemon garlic is a great combo, especially on kale.
(3)

Roasted lemon garlic chicken, steamed string beans, roasted potatos.
(4)

bbq chicken sounds good . i got so worn out with fried chicken that i never expected to buy chicken again .
(1)

BBQ chicken, baked Brayan’s tater tots.
(1)

my lesson learned with this batch of chili is ; dont break up the ground beef too much . the big chunks of beef ( silver dollar sized ) are the highlight of the meal .
(1)

Captain.

True and just as good without the cheese. 😊
(1)

cheese on chili is probably good but i try to not add unnecessary calories .
that belly fat is a stubborn guest on an older man .
(1)

I think I am going to BBQ a steak with some green chilis, onions, tortillas and a loaded baked potato.

My honey will love that. Me too!
(2)

I don’t know, Send. Chocolate pudding sound pretty yummy to me. One upside to shopping when stressed and tired. 😊
(1)

Captain,

Yum! Add some cheese!
(0)

the chili is so good i decided to spring for a box of crackers .
came home with flour , conf sugar , walnuts and yeast . i predict some cinnamon rolls in my near future .
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter