Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
the only thing wickeder than roofing nails are ' hard hat ' nails that you hang celotex or housewrap with . they dont stand any way but up .

the turkey manhatton ( sp ) sounds good .

ive pork rib tips thawing . i just boil them to tender and dip them in bbq sauce .
(0)

5 pounds of garlic mashed potatoes were just too much for a very small family. I gave some to the home where my aunt is is at, and them I cooked up some hamburger, thought we were out of turkey... not... didn't see it.. anyway, mixed that up with home grown onion and red pepper, frozen veggies. Spread that in a baking dish, scooped the left over gravy over that,layered all the mashed potatoes we had left. Added cheese on top of that... It was really good. I also added to the mix some pepper flakes.
(4)

Captain: Roofing nails work great!! Someone on our street did their roof, or the guy who did it, left nails everywhere... The tire store, down the street appreciated all the business he received from all those roofing nails
(2)

lol,
thought insertion . powerful stuff .
(2)

On my way to Tim Hotons for a coffee and doughnut - maybe an apple fritter ;)
(1)

speaking of which ,
town has been avoided , im going to have a cold beer .

" those donuts and bee eer , thank god i aint quee eer " .
(0)

Apple fritters! Yes- that sounds good too! I will try!
(0)

i used to make custard filled , chocolate iced , nut topped eclairs ( puff pastry ) .
high oven temp is the rising agent ( internal steam ) . they become hollow tubes .

ya squirt them out of a bread bag with the corner cut out in ( in order to keep the dough as wet and light as possible ) . thats what i did on the weekend mornings when i wasnt building the house , working full time or being a worthless alcoholic .
(1)

siouxann,
think ' apple fritters ' . i wish i had of earlier .
(1)

Dinner is as of yet undecided but I've seen some good suggestions here!
I just made a big ass diner style breakfast. Hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, toast Community Coffee with real half and half . Some blueberries and really good oranges I bought yesterday on the side to give me the brief illusion of eating healthy.
However, reading about Captain's donuts, I now have doughnut lust and may have to go on the prowl for some. For breakfast dessert, fruit be damned. Krispy Kreme, Dunkin, Winchell's and a grocery store chain that has really good ones, all within a few blocks of me. I've never tried making them myself before..maybe will sometime. Sound yummy!
(1)

the phone used to ring in the evening as often as not . my ex had two blowhard girlfriends .
me n the boys called one ' ratchet jaw .
the other was ' scream jean ' . ( a burly , bigfoot looking specimen . )

the oldest son would answer the phone then walk into the living room mimicking one or the other ( wordlessly ) .
he'd either be twisting an imaginary racket at his jaw or crashing stifflegged into the room like the abominable snowman or something .

if the ex hates my guts ( and she does ) i wear it like a badge of honor .
(0)

its just 12 donuts cwillie .
i took on the hobby of ' proportion ' years ago . to make dinner for 4 people and count on no leftovers , several things have to be considered .
how hungry is everyone ?
is it good enough theyll want seconds or thirds ?

ie; chilidog night . was common for one of the boys to ask me " only a three dog night ? " .
there was a lot of humor in our home . families grow apart and often go their own ways . better to have the nice memories than not i s'pose .
(1)

Cap I admire all the cooking you do - I would have opted for the cookies in town.
One question - what do you do with all the food? Even a small batch of donuts is a lot for one person.
(0)

the lightest , air - eist donut ive ever made . i shoulda put canned apples in the batter and liquid instead of powdered glazing them .
not bad considering its been 25 years since ive fried a donut .
(0)

alright ,
got the krispy kremes second rising . with such huge gas pockets i dont see how they could come out bad .

i feel pretty good this am . ive made strides in my home and my ' act ' in anticipation of the eventual sledgehammer of justice . many people are going to be blindsided -- i dont think im one of them .

( ozzie osborn )
" i dont wanna to change the world and i dont want the world to change me " .
(0)

ive been contemplating a ( near ) krispy kreme doughnut all weekend . i just might do it this am -- its easier than going to town for cookies and milk .
im not a big fan of ' town ' anymore . i took the forestry job 3 months ago to reverse the isolation i was living . three months later i see the isolation in a different light . i should pour buckets of nails down the driveway to ensure the isolation . :)>
(1)

Easy potato dish

layer sliced potatoes in a rectangular Pyrex dish with some butter, Lipton onion soup (package) and water - bake covered at 350 for about 45 minutes or until tender with a fork
(2)

Ms. Madge
Mexican food is always a good choice.

Send- potatoes can be fixed so many ways. DH loves him some potatoes. He thinks it is THE only vegetable there is.

I forgot to tell you all. I finally got my steam mop.
I love it.
I spent most of yesterday doing all the floors.
Thank you all for discussing it, I can't see how I ever lived without it.
It is great!
(3)

P o t a t o e s.
(2)

Waiting for takeout from fav Mexican restaurant

seabass, rice, veggies and tortillas

still can only eat soft food on one side of my 👄
(2)

I love balsamic dressing(my favorite)

tonights dinner was intended to be for them, baked salmon(w/rosemary, garlic), some wild rice and hollandaise sauce, and some green beans,
Pineapple upside down cake.

Well I did not have time to thaw the salmon. So that will be Monday
So it was breakfast for dinner.
Biscuits and sausage gravy, a 3 meat and cheese breakfast casserole
And well they still got the cake.

I havent been too hungry lately, so I just had salad.
But right now I am hungry and do not want to eat this late.
(2)

Sendhelp,

Auto correct drives me nuts too. I think there is a way to disable it though.

Balsamic dressing is one of my favorites! We have a food and beverage museum here.

There is a balsamic tasting held there. They also sell it in the gift shop. Some of them are very expensive and are absolutely delicious!

Kind of like olive oil pricing. Some are really expensive but are so very good. We have a Greek festival here where they sell fabulous olive oil. It’s worth every penny!
(1)

Auto-correct has done it again!
Creamy balsamic dressing (not creamy balsamic medicine).
(1)

Real,
Thanks, I like the frozen mashed potato idea.
(2)

A potato flatbread is such a good idea! We use flatbread to make our own pizza style treats.
When there is time.
I gave away 8 potatoes to 3 different neighbors today, and yes, I talked to them.

We also met the open enrollment deadline today. It was hit and miss, as we signed up with an AARP plan by phone. In completing the enrollment, hubs answered "No". So he chose a Humana plan, as I was being quiet in the background, apoplexy to be exact. His CHOICE to pay a$15 co-pay each chiropractic visit instead of zero! ($60-90/ mo. for him.) He says nothing when asked where are we getting that extra amount?

We are keeping the rest of the potatoes.
(0)

Send, you could make roasted garlic and lobster mashed potatoes.

Or mashed potatoes freezes well.

Make them with chicken broth for an added flavor and less fat.

Loaded baked potato soup!
(1)

Potatoes? Lots of them? Make lefse!
(2)

Salad was great with 4 kinds of lettuce and a bit of creamy balsamic medicine.
(0)

theres a big goings on at the detective headquarters tonight . ive gotten exited for nothing many times but one of these days its going to be my package that they drag in there .
gotta keep the faith in them because the alternative just isnt healthy to think about .
(5)

Curried lentil and rice pilaf with sweet potato fries, accompanied by a dollop of cottage cheese because I'm out of plain yogurt. The plan for dessert is home canned peaches and a few fresh raspberries (they were on sale).
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter