Follow
Read More
Need, Not much smell or taste. But no fever today and as many muscle aches.
(1)

Bridger,

Soup is so comforting and nutritious. Does your husband have any of his taste and smell back?
(0)

cwille,

Hang where? That sounds interesting and dried fruit is expensive to buy. I love dried apples, apricots, bananas, cranberries and pineapple!

They have those dehydration devices too. Are those expensive? I am not a big gadget person. I like the basics, such as a toaster, blender, mini food processor, etc. I don’t buy a million gadgets.
(0)

You could try making some dried apples Alva, just thread slices on a string and hang them up.
(2)

Earlybird, thanks for your reply. Getting them next trip. As to serve with applesauce? It's one of those years where I can't bear to let the apples from the ancient tree on neighbor's side of fence. that puts half it's apples off in my yard, go to waste. I am afloat in apples of all kinds of sauce. Luckily we got a small freezer this year. They should go to another autumn. Question is, will I???
(1)

Made my 3rd pot of chicken soup since Covid arrived at my house.
(5)

Dinner:
Organic Super Smoothie with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kale, spinach, bananas and Almond milk.
(4)

Hello, Alvadeer,
I get the Trader Joe's frozen meatless meatballs. I make a meatloaf, meatball subs, and shepherds pie. Tastes great. I bake them in the oven for 10 minutes and then put them in marinara sauce. Meatloaf, defrost the meatballs , use it like homburg. Mix with warm water about1/4 cup, add chopped raw onion, salt and pepper, bells seasoning to taste. Grease loaf pan. Place mixture in loaf pan bake 350 one hour. Serve with apple sauce and baked potatoes.
(1)

I am going to make chicken salad. Fresh fruit for desert. Iced tea. In the south we drink iced tea year round.
(0)

Earlybird,
What kind of meatless meatballs do you get???? Or do you make yours. I love BocaBurgers, but haven't tried meatless meatballs.
(1)

Fish Sticks. You know, the kids stuff Costco things, throw em in oven till crisp that are no good for you, and of no nutritional value whatsoever! With a ton of hot cocktail sauce. We are talking "call the fire department stomach" if I forget the prophylactic pepcid.
I sometimes follow these "bad diet" days because, you know, nothing can live off these things, not even a virus.
(1)

Tacos, American style with Cilantro last night.
Monday night, or any night is taco-tuesdays. imo.
(2)

EB,

I love pancakes! Those sound so good!

My husband makes the very best waffles. I bought a special Belgium waffle iron after eating Belgium waffles at the 1984 World’s Fair held here in New Orleans.

The waffles at the fair were served with strawberries and whipped cream and were absolutely delicious!
(2)

Homemade fluffy buttermilk pancakes 4 stacked mini topped with small amount butter and drizzle maple syrup.
(2)

Spaghetti and meatless meatballs with marinara sauce.
(2)

Many years ago,, like 30 or more, I worked for a biomedical company, and this was way before mexican food was popular here. One of my co workers used to bring in "salsa and chips".. It was literally chopped tomatoes and onion and peppers, in italian dressing! OMG we loved that stuff! In fact I still love it,, but we don;t call it salsa anymore! No one had ever heard of cilantro, or cumin... I guess it was italian salsa!
(2)

Lunch:
Wheat Thins, avocado and low salt green olives.
(0)

Pumpkin waffle and pumpkin coffee.
(0)

Polar,

We did take out at one of our favorite local spots.

You’re right. the seasonings and sauces add a lot.

When my daughter was little her bus driver’s wife made the best salsa! The bus driver gave me a sample.

She sold it at our local farmers market. They were from Mexico and I loved her products. Really yummy!
(1)

NHWM - I love tacos. I make those sometimes at home, but I need to find a recipe for the sauce. Salsa goes well but the taco sauce is much better.
(2)

Tacos.
(1)

Dinner:
Baked Haddock, green beans.
(2)

Pam is right about the Olive Garden salads being good, although nothing fancy. They do offer as much salad as you want, though. I would say they are delicious!
(4)

NHWM it is just kicked up italian dressing in a bottle, Same as they serve in the restaurant! It is wonderful if you like italian. Their salads are nothing fancy, just iceberg lettuce, red onions and black olives and tomatoes with some yellow pickled peppers on top, but it is always crispy and wonderful, and they shave cheese on the top!
(3)

Pam,

Is that a vinaigrette style dressing? I haven’t ever had an Olive Garden salad.
(1)

Hubs made Spanish potatoes last night, we will be eating that for a few meals. He did spice it up with rotel ( he is on a rotel kick right now) I love avocados too! one of my favorite ways to eat it is cubes with cubed fresh tomatoes and a splash of italian dressing ( I am addicted to Olive Gardens dressing!)
(1)

lunch - oven roasted beet slices, cauliflower "crumbs" and turnip fries. Later more 13 bean soup. Love the earthy flavour of the beets and turnips, which also have a sweetness to them.
(3)

Polar,

White or brown sugar? I haven’t tried agave. I love honey. I also love the flavor of maple syrup.

Could you add Greek yogurt?
(1)

NHWM - I usually prefer sugar. My husband prefers agave. You can use honey or syrup, but those sweeteners have a stronger taste. Avocado shake is creamy, cold and sweet. Great treat on a warm day. I think I liked it the first time I had it and I was hooked. Now, I have it regularly all summer.
(2)

Polar,

That sounds so interesting. I love avocado but I have never tried an avocado shake. Do you use honey to sweeten the shake?

Did you like it the very first time that you tried it or is it an acquired taste?

I love a good guacamole! I frequently eat avocado on a veggie sandwich. Love them in a salad too!

I have not been as adventurous as you in trying a shake. You’ve inspired me.

I also have not tried them in egg salad or baked in brownies like some people have. I do eat avocado on toast.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter