Follow
Read More
Everyone is having such delicious 😋 meals. I had such a migraine didn’t feel like cooking but managed to make a sandwich. Hopefully today will be better
(5)

Turkey chili, cornbread
(4)

Dinner
Pot roast, carrots and baby potatoes.
Dessert:
Small slice of chocolate moose cake
(6)

My daughter tried that recipe that went viral with the pasta, tomatoes and feta cheese. She says it’s yummy.
(1)

Ali, grass fed beef doesn't have all the fat that makes a steak tasty. So it is important to marinade and grill, if possible.

I only use grass fed beef and I recommend a marinade of mustard, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Marinate overnight and dab dry before throwing it on the grill, if cooking in the house a little liquid smoke in your marinade will give you the grilled flavor. I hope that you enjoy your next steak.

You can put your garlic on the grill as well and you are in for a treat.
(3)

I roasted several whole garlic bulbs in the oven last night and am enjoying eating them with the baked potatoes I made at same time. I see a lot more roasted garlic in my future. I've done cooked cloves before many times but never a whole head. It was easy to roast the whole head inside some foil (cut off very top, dab a little olive oil and salt in there, fold it up in foil) and then squish out the soft, savory bits when done. Yum! I hope roasted garlic is as good for you as raw, I could use the immune boost.

I made a relatively expensive cut of steak last night, too. It was grass fed, etc. I didn't think it had very good flavor. I normally buy run-of-the-mill cuts of beef so I'm not sure if this is normal for grass-fed, that it didn't taste very good.
(5)

Traveled all day. Friend from church brought us a chicken pie and a cherry pie.
(5)

Bridger: That's okay. I knew that didn't sound right. Prayers sent for your husband.
(0)

Boiled chicken with celery, carrots, and potatoes.

Bridger, Your DH will be in my prayers. I haven't had a chocolate croissant in years. I love them! I sometimes wish I was a baker just so I could make them.

Chocolate croissants reunite the United States!
(4)

Hot Dogs on a bun, mustard, corn on the cob, black olives, potato salad, and
ginger beer. (Non Alcoholic).
(5)

Bridger, I hope that your husband is okay, prayers for you both.

Please share the chocolate croissant instructions. I am thinking that they could bring world peace if we could all enjoy a chocolate croissant, whether you like dark chocolate, white chocolate, strawberry or milk chocolate. Mmmmmmmgood! We could all be happy and maybe we could have some love for one another. 😁
(5)

Will pray for hubby, Bridger

Keep us posted.
(6)

At Mayo Clinic eating in the cafeteria. Good salad bar.
(3)

Llama, typing on my phone is risky for me.
(1)

Bridger: I looked at what you had written last night and it looked like you had said "eaters." You're welcome for the prayers.
(1)

I went to bed early but had a bit of a restless night. Got up early!

I figured that I would get a head start on dinner.

I put a roast in the oven.

Will make mashed potatoes and a salad later.
(4)

Thanks Llama We need those prayers.
(2)

Gjetost and rye crackers, with some summer sausage (Harry and David football shaped), grey poupon, and a krumkake for dessert.
(2)

Bridger: Prayers for your DH. Those chocolate croissants sound so yummy.
(1)

My husband has been undergoing some medical evaluations. This afternoon a friend brought us some homemade chocolate croissants. They are so good. I’m going to get the instructions and make some.
(6)

Your very welcome NHWM!🙂
(2)

Thanks, Shell

I am going to look at the granola recipe.

I love beef stew! So does my hubby. I make it too.
(3)

It is apparently Pizza day, so DD came over and hubs got a carry out pizza and wings, and I made a big salad. Nice change of pace. I also baked 2 loaves of banana bread with choc chips.. send one home with DD and the other is for my BFF who I work with, to thank her for letting me stay at her house with her this weekend.. we were supposed to get snow,, nope never happened in Baltimore, but we had a nice sleepover!
(7)

Beef Stew for dinner.

Here is the recipe that I found on line that is super easy and really good for Granola. I must warn you, it makes a big batch and you may find that you can't stop eating it!

https://www.thewholesomedish.com/basic-large-chunk-granola-recipe/
(6)

Bridger,

You mentioned the Amish products before. I am curious. Do you have a favorite of any their products?

Do you cook any of their dishes?
(1)

Making 7 bean soup and fried cornbread
(3)

I saw a recipe for a spinach lasagna with a white béchamel sauce, instead of the tomato sauce.

It looks good. I want to try it soon.

The only thing I will modify is the noodles.

The recipe calls for no bake noodles which I am not fond of.
(2)

I have to add some humor to your title (question):"What's for Dinner?" After my dad retired, he truly could have one bite left for breakfast, and he'd ask my mom, "What's for lunch?" My mom told me that she married my father for better or for worse, but not for lunch. (Her relative dislike of cooking was shining through then.)
When my mom got Alzheimer's, I was her "lady-in-waiting," I had made (or should I say "maid") salmon for everyone, and she said she didn't want that, (although it was one of her favorite meals). She wanted chicken, but I didn't have any at hand, so I decided to "wing it." I gave her some other options, (like soup and a sandwich) but she didn't want that either, so I hid her salmon under some mashed potatoes, and she said it was delicious. "No harm no foul," (fowl) or, no luck no cluck. I even wrote a book about my husband and I taking care of her, laced with humor called: "My Mother Has Alzheimer's and My Dog Has Tapeworms: A Caregiver's Tale."
(2)

EB: That corn bread recipe sounds yummy.🍞
(1)

You are welcome, Isthisrealyreal. Hope you enjoy it.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter