Follow
Read More
I've never liked the few scones I've ever had but then we were taken to a coffee shop in a little resort town where they made them fresh every day and I had their raspberry one... omg to die for! So moist and just sweet enough. It had a glaze too but I personally don't need that much sugar. Now I can't stop thinking about it...
(4)

Great idea cwillie!

Blueberry scones with a lemon and ginger glaze sounds like something I need to try. Mmmm!
(4)

Maybe you can add a glaze Pam, the cranberry scones at my local restaurant are glazed and it really takes them to the next level
(4)

Pam,

I love scones! One day I may try to make them. I buy them at my favorite coffee shops.
(2)

Another snow day here, and one of my projects for the winter is to learn to make good scones. So today I made blueberry ones. They turned out pretty good, but not sweet enough for hubs ( he likes sweets, and scones are not really sweet). I forgot how dang sticky the dough is is!!
(5)

Pam,

I spoil my four legged grandchildren. One daughter has kitties and the other one has a dog.

My girls say to me, “Mom, if we have kids are you going to spoil them as much as the fur babies?” I told them that I just might! 😆
(1)

Brandee,

I want to be invited to one of your teas! Sounds amazing!

Golden,

I love spicy! Yum! 😋
(1)

Pam, that's wonderful news. Congratulations 🎉🎊🎉

Made sweet and sour cabbage soup with a little heat added and just finished a bowl full. It is really good and just what I needed on a cold January day. I'll freeze some for when R gets home. I know he will like it too.
(1)

Oysters Rockefeller

Yesterday I had a holiday tea for my birthday. The restaurant made gluten free treats for me.
There were savory treats, scones, and sweet treats. All gluten free.
(4)

pamz: Congratulations!
(3)

cw,

You’re right about leftovers. I have always told everyone to pack up food take home with them. They love it and I don’t feel as bad about cooking so much food.

I freeze some for another time as well. If I don’t freeze it, we can’t eat everything.
(1)

Pam,

How wonderful that you are going to be a grandmother!
(1)

Pamzi, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is exciting news for certain.
(2)

Took my DD to her first formal tea today, and she loved it. It was still all decorated for Christmas, and very nice and fancy. And we were celebrating, she is pregnant with our first ( and probably only ) grandchild!! We are so excited! It's a boy!!
(10)

Leftovers .
(2)

One thing about not hosting holiday dinners is there are no leftovers, I suppose that can be a good thing (all. those. desserts!)
(2)

cw,

You have great neighbors! Sounds delicious! Enjoy!
(1)

My dinner has arrived! I think my neighbour must have included everything on their table even down to including some pickles... lucky me🤤😁🥧
(8)

Evamar,

I don’t bake a lot of cookies either.

Every once in a great while, I make oatmeal raisin cookies for my husband. He loves them.

I love looking at all of the holiday cookies in bakeries and stores. They are so pretty!
(1)

Happy holidays to everyone!
(4)

NHWM,
Unless they are my cookies. Ha. Ha.
I can make many dishes and some baking, yet, my cookies are awful.
Ana,
It is Xmas so no calories!
I am going to gobble some Godiva chocolate and macaroons.
Already ate few slices of stollen which I bought for my German guests, still have some Panettone.
Merry Xmas to all!
(2)

cw,

Sounds like a good trade to me!
(0)

My neighbour asked if her guests could use my driveway this afternoon in exchange for a piece of pumpkin pie and I happily agreed. By the end of the conversation she had added so many items to the pie that I think I might be getting a whole Christmas dinner tonight LOL.
(5)

CWillie,
Eating lots of salad, veges like broccoli, spinach, potatoes, carrots, purple cabbage. Daily, yes I do. Pumpkin is a vegetable.
They are not the main dish so I don't list them.

We both like sweet potatoes, sometimes it is dinner.

Interesting NHWM, cilantro does taste a bit like soap sometimes. But it is good in tacos.
(1)

Sounds delicious, Ana. Love Mediterranean cuisine. You can’t ever go wrong with homemade cookies!
(0)

cw,

I roast vegetables every week. I can’t eat cilantro. I have a specific DNA makeup where it tastes like soap. It even showed up on my genealogy test.

I read that some people have a DNA makeup where vegetables don’t taste good to them.
(0)

Greek-ish salad, fish and garlic bread. Trying to keep my grubby mitts out of the Christmas chocolates and cookies. Must. Resist. Temptation.
(2)

Sounds like you need to add some veggies to your meal plan Send🥕🍠🫑🍅
I roasted up some carrots, rutabaga and onions tonight alongside a sweet potato and a couple of apples. Loooove my roast veg!
(0)

Have some fresh ground sirloin but very bored with the choices.
Last week had so many homemade hamburgers, trying to duplicate In N Out,
with the bun, sauce, and everything, including grilled onions.

Then, already had pasta, ground meat, spaghetti sauce.

Maybe tacos.

Would rather just keep eating desserts.
(1)

I buy sale items too. Groceries are so expensive these days. It seems like everything has gone up in price.

I started using almond milk on oatmeal. I love oatmeal. None of my siblings ate oatmeal when we were young. I was the only one. My dad loved oatmeal. I wanted everything that my dad had.

Mom never ate breakfast when we were children. She started eating it later on though after we were grown.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter