Follow
Read More
1 2 3 4 5
Jeanne, I've always been intrigued by the African Groundnut Stew. Is there a particular recipe you like? I did a search and there's oodles of variations out there.

We love the Dan Dan noodles from Tea House which I believe (?) involve peanut butter. Love what the nut can bring to a dish. :)
(0)

Beef tips in gravy, with carrots, over buttered noodles, and biscuits.
I am SO over winter and can't wait to throw a burger on the grill!
Stopped at the florist today and asked for a $10 bouquet, to help the winter blues......and he hands me WHITE roses and baby's breath. UM.....no. We need COLOR!
(3)

Hubby made pot roast with vegies,, smells wonderful! Even Mom with a chest cold and no appetite ate platefull!
(3)

Oh Boni! That cracks me up...no more white anything!

Your meal sounds delicious. (tummy grumble)
(1)

Hot and sour soup!! chinese!! ..it being 6 pm and I have no dinner planned and just got home and everyone is starving... crap....GENIUS!!
(2)

Hi Everyone,
I made delicious Latkes with Spaghetti squash! Check out Wheat Belly Recipe Book by Dr. William Davis. I am going without wheat and grains and low or no sugar but it's a lot easier than I thought. I made a delicious pizza crust from his book too. Basically you use almond meal, coconut flour, and ground flaxseed for a lot of recipes. I have been cutting in Garbanzo bean flour when I run out of the first two ingredients.
(2)

My mother loves pasta e fagiole (sp?) soup, especially the one that is served at Olive Garden. I found a "knock off recipe" on line and boy is it good!!! I usually try to cook Friday thru Monday to help out with cooking. I also love using my crock pot!!!
(5)

our temps will finally turn to 35 - near 40 degrees beginning wednesday. winter in indiana this year just got cold, turned white and stayed that way. winter is hard on a construction worker. inactivity is not the norm for us.
(1)

My son and his family are in Chesterton, captain. He is the head of maintenance at a large apt complex, and has been blowing, salting and shoveling since November. And, of course, it ALWAYS snows on the weekend. He calls it "white gold" for the OT, but would sure love a weekend inside. No matter how cold it is here, it's ALWAYS worse there.
(0)

Agree, with windy. Hot and sour soup, once helped to clear up pneumonia that I had, about 30 years ago now. It was all I wanted to eat!
(2)

I am looking for the traditional hungarian recipe for stuffed cabbage. They are called gwumpkies. I am especially interested in the treaditional tomato based sauce.
(1)

Cabbage rolls: search for "GOLOBKI recipes" there are many variations.
(1)

im having more of my 15 bean soup. i have about a half a bucks worth of jowel bacon in them. im getting cheap in my elder years. bought a quart of chicken livers the other day for 1.10 and loved em. gonna get some more of them.
i refreshed my supply of cinnamon rolls last night so things arent all chicken organs and doom. he he
(2)

There are actually recipes for gwumpkies too and lots of variations. I use a similar meat mixture for stuffing bell peppers.
(1)

Bob, have you ever tried turkey necks? They are cheap here. Gary had them at home and told me about them so I figured out a recipe - couldn't find one on the net. Brown the necks well, put in a casser
(0)

it's doing it again - casserole dish, empty a container of sauerkraut into the pan you browned the turkey necks, warm up and get all the scrapings mixed in. Add caraway seed to taste, and pour onto of the turkey necks. Cover with foil. I grease the foil as the sauerkraut is acid and bake in oven till necks are falling apart. G told me it was the way his German grandmother made it. It is even better the next day,
(2)

We live in Pittsburgh.........so it's pierogies. Fried with onions and pork chops.
And a wine toast in memory of my sweet brother who died on this day four years ago.
(3)

sounds good emjo. turkeys shouldnt be immune to my efforts to be the cheapest sob who ever lived.
(1)

Can't believe it! Mom's going to sisters house TWICE in a week!
I'm thinking Chinese delivery.......with Tums for desert.
(3)

Bob......I'm frugal too, except when it comes to food. I'm a "live to eat" person and you are a "eat to live" person.
I am curious......what is your absolute biggest most favorite meal ever??????
What about desert? (Do NOT say cinnamon buns,lol)
(1)

Making homemade pizza tonight. I discovered the best crust recipe for the thin and crispy type we prefer. It takes less than five minutes to make in the food processor and then an hour to rise if freezing for later or another 1/2 hour rise if using right away. Going to top it with a little sauce, prosciutto ham, artichoke hearts, onions and goat cheese. Lastly, and this is going to sound weird, I drizzle a little honey over the top. Had this at a restaurant once and I loved it - altogether it's a little spicy, a little salty and a little sweet with the tang of goat cheese.

Put me in the "live to eat" category too!
(4)

Except for the ham, windytown, your pizza sounds good. When my kids were young I made homemade pizza quite a bit. Of course, they preferred "real" pizza. Temps dropping again so I boiled a chicken for homemade chicken and dumplings/noodles again and saving some chicken for a casserole. I'd better ask people over for dinner or I'll be eating this stuff for weeks on end!
(3)

Great topic!! We are having beef...medium rare with an artichocke for hubby, asparagus for me and brussel sprouts for both of us.
(3)

A few days ago I made chicken enchiladas from two rotisserie chickens from the grocery store, green sauce, cheese, green onions...yummy!!
(3)

It is COLD, so we are having beef stew with dumplings
(3)

We did spare ribs cooked in sauerkraut tonight. Horse radish mixed with mustard makes this dish. Fried potatoes and carrots on the side. One of Moms favorite winter meals. It's heavy though...I'm ready for a nap!
(1)

im back on the sweetened rice. a billion lean chinese cant all be wrong.
(1)

I only cook one or two days a week and make a lot of food dishes that I can combine in different ways or freeze and serve later. Egs. a mess of roast carrots, a bunch of roast potatoes, several types of baked chicken pieces, beans and tomatoes in the crock pot, lasagne with turkey tomato cheese sauce, toasted chopped onions, etc. I refuse to call anything "leftovers." That's just another word for "extra portions" that I freeze and re-heat when it's all been too crazy and stressed out. When re-heating, I might saute and add frozen vegetables, or create an omelette with small bits of food, or create a soup of all the "extra" uneaten vegetables or any meat pieces. I use a lot of spices with the 2nd go round of the food, to "disguise" it and make it more interesting.
(3)

When I read about how cold it is for many of you, I just want to say that I'm sorry. Here in the Deep South we were in the 60's today--warm enough to take the Jeep out for a window-less ride.

Cooking is my solace; the kitchen, my sanctuary. Nothing has the calming effect as does preparing a good meal for my family. Tonight we had baked spaghetti, zipper peas, and a new dessert--caramel apple dump cake. Easy and delicious!

Sending warm thoughts to each of you!
(2)

Ah, bee I almost hate you. It is 15 here, very cold, very deep crunchy snow. Can I at least send you my mother in law?
(3)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter