What's for dinner?

Started by
Read More

3778 Comments

Thanks Ali and Sunny! I thought my sinus infection was coming back,, but I may have dodged that bullet. Just lots of drainage and some stuffiness this round. This is a bad year for stuff, I can't tell you how many sick with sinus stuff folks I know!
how many would would anything I don't have to cook?
MeAllen,
?
Not sure what you were trying to say.
Meallen said: "How many would do anything if they don't have to cook?'

I'm getting creative with what's in the freezer and cupboard. Last night I went to cook some steak I took out, only to realize it was lamb shoulder chops. I sautéed the lamb in a skillet, it turned out well enough. I made some quinoa and brown rice. I made green beans and corn. If I REALLY wanted to, I could stretch out what I already have for a bit yet before doing any shopping but I'm already pining for fresh veggies and fruits. I'll go get food tomorrow after new PCP appointment. We're up to around 10º today, not bad. Might go up to near 30 by end of the week, so no record cold streak if that happens. Seems like we're on the way to ending the deep freeze.
Fast and easy comfort food tonight, KD (that's kraft mac & cheese to you Americans) with lentil sloppy joes. Must. not. eat. whole. box... mmmm
CWillie, of course you can eat the whole box. Usually when I do that I eat nothing else that day though. :O
Isn't a box a serving for one?

I need alt her See's chocolate Santa
MsMadge,
Here in México, they have camoteros who sell steamed sweet potatoes and/or bananas. They have a little rolling cart with a fire under the oven. They roll around the neighborhoods at night, calling with a train whistle sound from the smoke stack. You can hear it a block away when they release the steam.
Pieces of skinless sweet potato (or banana) are served with La Lechera, Mexico's version of sweetened condensed milk. The Mexicans eat it as a dessert. Good deal for around $1.50.
I think you'd enjoy it! 😋

Same thing with tamaleros selling tamales. Often the flavor is good but there's not quite enough meat inside.
If you're ever over here in TJ, I recommend a tamal stand on Calle Tercera (Third St.) They steam theirs in banana leaf (my favorite) instead of dried corn husks. They have loads of meat and sauce in them. One makes a meal. Good deal at $1.75.

We should do lunch!
🌮 🌯 🍻 😋 🇲🇽
I think I'll be going to my fav Mexican restaurant tonight and get some albondigas and a mango margarita

Keep the conversation going (or start a new one)

Please enter your Comment

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support