Follow
Read More
Jude, thanks for coming back and answering about placebo candies! Hoping you are also looking out for your own health.
(0)

My son is coming to visit for the weekend, and I had a fruit bowl full of overripe bananas so I made banana bread! I just took it out of the oven and the whole house smells good.
(3)

Glad to see you back, Jude. :-)

Meals are becoming spartan affairs here. I'm trying to avoid eating a bunch of junk when I get too busy to cook, so I haven't been buying much in the way of groceries. Looked in the fridge tonight and realized there wasn't much to work with. So it was homemade egg drop soup with some spinach tossed in. Pretty darn good, even if it was just simple.
(2)

Im sorry I haven't been around - Mums been in and out of hospital with a whole host of things that aren't actually wrong with her, the purchaser dropped out from our sale, mother had a fit and life was unbearable for a few weeks. Fortuitously meds have now kicked in and we are back on track. I feel like I live on a ship currently - on the poop deck!!!!! But apart from that all is well with the world
(4)

I lied. By the time we got to dinner time, Hubby wasn't hungry so I gave Mom her choice of Steak or burgers. She chose burgers. We had cheeseburgers and potato salad, lettuce and tomato. Not as fancy but the nice thing about Fl is we can barbecue every day of the year.
(1)

Tbone not at one! I wish we could edit these posts!
(0)

Tonight will be at one steak on the grill. Twice baked potatoes salad, and steamed green beans.
(0)

CWillie, my husband laughs because I always make way more than we can eat, so you are welcome! I was so happy to find a real Italian market. We have nothing like that in this area. We have Cuban, Mexican, Jamaican but not real Italian. It brought me back to my days with the ex. He had a very large Italian family and I loved that part. Even though there was some dysfunction, it was very fun and I loved cooking for everyone! Thanksgiving was always about 25 people with lasagna, meatballs, turkey, stuffed mushrooms, cheese cake, and three kinds of pie , cookies and cannoli. It was a lot of work but I miss having that many in the family.
(3)

Angel hair primavera. Made with whole wheat pasta, green beans, spinach, and marinara sauce. So delicious!
(3)

Lasagna, eclairs, cannoli, dang!, I think I had better turn my car south and head down to Sharadale's house for dinner, I can be there by the weekend!
I had baked beans and a grilled cheese.
(4)

Okay if has been a weird week for food. Friday I fried pork chops in olive oil with sautéed onions, macaroni and cheese and steamed green beans. We love steamed veggies here. I tried the frozen Steamfresh by Birdseye, but hubby didn't like it. Saturday, I had to go two towns away to pick up some cool yard sale stuff I bought on Facebook, so I called a fried and we went to Olive Garden for lunch. I know for my ex in laws, this is not Italian food, but it will do in a pinch. I had taken care of Mom and hubby's lunch before I left and really hadn't planned this so it was a pleasant surprise. I ordered the Tour of Italy Combo which includes lasagna, fettuccine Alfredo, and chicken Parmesan, as well as all the salad and bread sticks you can eat. So as I ordered it, I asked for a to go box. When I got the food, I immediately put the lasagna, half the chicken and half the fettuccine in it. That was Mom and hubby's dinner. Hubby had lasagna and mom had the chicken and fettuccini. I was not hungry so I had a night off from cooking! Yeah!
Yesterday I had gone grocery shopping so I had lots to make, but I just did not feel like cooking again! So I had potato salad, corn on the cob and already fried chicken, all I had to cook was the corn on the cob in the microwave because it only takes two minutes per ear.today I went for another drive to the same town where we used to live and passed a really awesome Italian market and bakery.I bought one piece of cheese lasagna, one piece of meat lasagna, one piece of bracciole which you can't easily get in Florida. I also got a cannoli, a Napoleon,and a chocolate eclair. Well when I got home my hubby reminded me that he had a bit of lasagna from Olive Garden still left and he would finish that. Mom and I had a third of the cheese lasagna piece and a third of the bracciole. Hubby wanted his eclair right away but Mom and I will wait till later for dessert. So tomorrow I think we will have steak and bake potato with steam asparagus. I may give mom the lasagna and bracciole for lunch and use the fried chicken for chicken salad. Leaving the other piece of lasagna for the freezer.
(2)

Send me, I don't want to pry, but who is this Aspergers you speak of?
(1)

He came home after dark, still no dinner.
(0)

I also look at the "todays date" meat.. love to stock up on boneless skinless chicken that way! Of course you have to get there early and elbow the oldsters out of the way...LOL Then I freeze it! It;s great for the crock pot
(1)

There is no dinner tonight since the asperger's who 'eloped' after church just called from the train from L.A. union station. Is he running away? I sincerely hope so. I knew better than to ask him to work around here or get a part-time job. That must have stressed him out. Please, just ignore my disappointment and trials.
It's getting dark now.
(1)

JeanetteB, one of the stores I shop at has a discounted meat section. I always check it out! The other stores don't have such a section. I wonder what they do with the at-expiration-date meats?
(1)

I went to the thrift store looking for Halloween costume items. No luck. But I did find a little sleeper for Mom's doll, and FIVE cookbooks! WooHoo!

One had a recipe for Cutie Pie Cake. It is flourless, uses finely ground almonds, and clementine oranges. I happened to have a bag of awesome clementines so I tried it. You boil the whole oranges for a couple of hours, drain, mash up in a food processer (skins and all), add eggs, and the almond flour, and some sugar. I divided the batter so I could make one little cake for my friend and keep one. Very good!! Especially with whipped cream. I'll be making it again.

Now, doesn't that justify buying those used cookbooks? :)
(3)

I like to buy meat in the discounted section. You can't beat a delish flank steak at 50% off! So, today I will use the steak and whatever I have in the cupboards ...I have a box of stove top stuffing, a can of whole beats and some mexi-corn. I'm thinking of making a steak roulade... just layer the stuffing on the flank steak, roll it up and BAM! Perhaps I can use some adjust mix and chicken broth to make a yummy gravy? I do kind of love taking whatever is left in my cupboards and creating something fun with it... no wonder I can't lose weight!! LOL
(2)

There are over 2000 posts here Sendme, just scroll back for ideas! You probably wouldn't want to eat anything that has been on my menu lately... lol
(0)

Hey, don't be afraid to post here, there is no such thing as a turkey ghost! Four days, what am I going to use for dinner ideas?
(0)

"I can't eat while the turkey ghost is looking at me".
(1)

I made turkey corn chowder with leftovers. I shook in a little liquid smoke instead of bacon and a bit of cayenne because I didn't have any jalapenos or chipotle, then blenderized some for mom. Success!
(3)

Season and bake frozen fish filets on foil. No need to defrost , no mess to clean. I call it Foil Fish.
(1)

Tamales. They are orange too!
(1)

The tilapia I buy are individually wrapped. I submerge the pieces in their bags in water, then dredge in Louisiana fish fry before frying. I think it was just mishandled before I got it.
Tonight we did pizza ! Selfish!
(2)

Sharadale, I've got some talapia in the freezer I plan to have in fish tacos later this week. How did you thaw your fish? Too bad it tasted "fishy". :(
(1)

Tonight. I made up for last night and made steak, corn on the cob and potato salad. I redeemed myself!
(2)

Last night I made fried Tilapia, rice and asparagus. The intention was to make a quick good meal, but it didn't turn out well! The tilapia was frozen and I thawed it first and prepared it the same way I always do except I used canola oil instead of olive oil. The fish tasted so fishy that I wouldn't let anyone eat it. I also felt like the asparagus wasn't good either. Perhaps it was too old I steamed it but it was not the little asparagus I have been getting, but a bit thicker and larger. So we had cereal, lol.
(1)

jeannegibbs and vstefans, yes, just cut and eat. Delish!
(0)

Persimmons? Just cut them up and EAT them - they are so goood!!
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter