Follow

Sorry to say, but this site has been so depressing for a few days. I thought I'd ask an average, everyday question....to make us all feel a little more normal today.

I made Eggplant Lasagna, and my BIL and SIL are coming for dinner. They leave for Cali tomorrow to see their beautiful grand daughter.

Sorry, sometimes we just need some REGULAR conversation.......or at least THIS caregiver does.

Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
got my pie done . wont be able to try it tonight - its as hot as molten steel . gonna have to go to bed soon cause i have to get up at ' stupid ' oclock to be 70 miles south by 7 am . gotta go lay block with the ' freedom deprived ' again :)> .
(3)

i shoulda did that willie . love coconut and have plenty of it .
maybe i'll sprinkle some on top of the pie .
(0)

I used to make a killer cherry crisp that had coconut in the crispy crumble part - yum.
(2)

my meat loaf is all gone so tonight im just gonna make a dessert . cherry pie in an oatmeal crumb crust . canned the cherries up a couple of years ago . stretching the filling with some of the flax hot cereal mix like i used in the meatloaf . theres nobody here to tell me any different .
(1)

I made Soup, Beef Barley (with mushrooms) took that up to Daughters and she made Grilled Cheese sandwiches to go with it.,
(2)

#metoo
(0)

I love peppers. My daddy used to grow them in a container. Just one plant yielded lots of peppers. His did well. Good suggestion!
(1)

i,ll bet some ( seperately ) baked bell pepper slivers would doll that pork platter up . multiple colored ones .
(0)

Yeah, Grace was cool.
(0)

Okay, will do. Thanks. Hey, it’s your dish. I trust you. 😊
(0)

id nuke the platter if its on a microwave safe dish .
(1)

im watchin some jeff as intended . mostly im watchin graces petite little boobs . brrrr
:)>
(1)

Okay, I can bring the cheese separately. That makes sense. To melt the cheese should I bake or broil?
(0)

id add the cheese at serving time and set it in the oven a few minutes . probably better cheese distribution .
(0)

Thanks for your condolences. Guess I am sensitive to it every time it gets to be around the anniversary of his death.

I’m with you. I don’t like overcooked pork. It will dry up. Then not only is it tough but you loose the flavor too.
(0)

roudebush va in indy is world class medicine - a fed gov model for the future of medicine . sorry to hear of your brothers death . he probably lived life on his own terms and squeezed a hundred years into it .
dont overcook the pork . it gets tough . pork is done when the juices run clear .
(1)

Captain,

My brother died in 2013, just before my birthday. My birthday is October 21. Coming up on 64.

Your grandson will be blessed to have you in his life.

My daddy used to go to the VA hospital. My uncles too. Ours wasn’t that great of a hospital back then. After Hurricane Katrina we eventually opened a new VA hospital and this one is really nice. The vets I know are pleased with this one.

That’s all I ever drink. One beer.
(0)

Captain,

Ooooh, that sounds good. Would feed everyone and won’t be too labor intensive either. Great!
(0)

re; appetizer
id buy a shank of fresh pork , cut it all into bite sized strips , lightly fry or bake it then melt about 3 lbs of pepper cheese into it . irresistable finger food .
(0)

i watched the concert on youtube .
i also carried hepc for 40 some years . the va smoked it in 2014 ( after 3 different hellish interferon treatments over 15 years ) . i believe it was a virus created by a military hepatitis vaccination that went awry .
i have a couple hundred beers in stock but hardly ever drink over one of them a day . i need to be around for at least another decade . probably gonna be raising an orphaned grandson .
(0)

I will look for that saw. Thanks.

You don’t have to buy beer anymore. That’s so fantastic that you make your brew!

I have to figure out what to bring to my friend’s Halloween party. I have to bring an appetizer for 25 - 30 guests.
(0)

Captain,

Love Grace! My oldest brother was at Woodstock. He’s deceased now. Unfortunately, his lifestyle caught up to him. Died at 68 years old. (HepC). I miss him. He had a good heart. Just got lost along the way in life.

What channel was that on? I can’t remember how many people attended Woodstock. About a bazillion, huh? Hahaha
(0)

Captain,

You mentioned Czechoslovakia, our Mardi Gras beads when I was a kid came from there. They were beautiful glass beads. But they would break in the streets when the riders (drunks) on the floats threw them to the crowds. They eventually started throwing plastic beads. Not nearly as pretty! But safer I suppose.

I will try the pilsner next time. The owners of this restaurant are German and they are doing the German beer and German food for the entire month of October.
(0)

i watched a couple hour concert of woodstock ' 69 ' yesterday . it was all a bit too blues-ey ( heroin-ey ) for me till jeff airplane came on . grace slicks voice was so sharp its probably still moving thru space somewhere .

might look up just ' jeff ' later today .
(0)

a little sabre saw with a metal cutting blade cuts sheet metal just fine . probably buy one at lowes for 20 bucks .
i dont buy commercial beer anymore . im making 16 ounce beers in the vicinity of .20 cents each . of course to get the best price i had to order 3 thousand new bottle caps . to get the best malt price you have to buy 2.5 gallon jugs of it .
with modern online shopping what its become a person can go big AND stay home .
(1)

Captain,

10 pounds of coffee sounds about right to me! Caffeine junkie here.
(0)

Elton John is coming up on CBS Sunday Morning news show in a few minutes. Gosh, Jazz fest was packed when he played here. He’s winding down. He still plays the piano really well but couldn’t quite hit those high notes like he used to.

I would love to eat a bowl of Prejean’s Quail, Pheasant and duck gumbo for dinner. Usually get that every year at the fest.

Not complaining though because hubby is going to grill salmon and veggies. Yum!
(1)

i had a cold meat loaf sandwich with a glass of cold milk about 3 am . just as good as i thought it would be .
i might make a lemon pie today . about a year ago i had to buy more lemon concentrate from ebay . seems the best deal required buying 20 quart bottles . no regrets here . with that savings i watch for the next good buy then hit that one hard . the effects snowball .
savalot is used to my crap . im either there for one bag of bread or 100 lbs of 1.59 ground beef . 10 cans of coffee . 18 cases of canned vegs , etc .
one sale item and a bunch of it . nothing else today , thank you .
(0)

That’s interesting. About the Pilsners. Have you ever collected the bottle caps? Once in awhile I have. I will use them in certain craft projects.

I was asking my husband at dinner how to cut sheet metal. He said with a band saw. We don’t have one.

Then I asked him a dumb question! Hahaha I asked if he could take this metal that I have that I want to make a project with to his work and cutting in with their 3D printer. He looked at me like I had two heads! Apparently they use it mainly for plastic pieces.

I wish there was a pen type saw that I could draw the idea that is in my head on it and it would cut it!
(0)

Me too, Captain. I like to be creative and make a recipe my own.
(1)

1 2 3 4 5

Start a Discussion

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter