What's for dinner? - AgingCare.com

What's for dinner?

Follow

Sorry to say, but this site has been so depressing for a few days. I thought I'd ask an average, everyday question....to make us all feel a little more normal today.

I made Eggplant Lasagna, and my BIL and SIL are coming for dinner. They leave for Cali tomorrow to see their beautiful grand daughter.

Sorry, sometimes we just need some REGULAR conversation.......or at least THIS caregiver does.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
Came home at 7:00pm. Sis - dinner is hot dog. {shudder}. I cooked 2 over-medium eggs, warmed up 1 hot dog sausage and rice. Drowned the taste of the sausage by liberally dipping it into my catsup/tabasco mix. Sis must be craving hot dog... hmmm.. I think I will go and get a fudgsicle...
(1)

Sauce is drizzled or on the side. My recipe calls for a bourbon sauce, but none of us really care for the bourbon sauce. So a substitution.
(1)

Bread pudding with caramel sauce on the side, or with it baked right in?

Mmmm, cheesy broccoli and new potatoes sound good too :)
(3)

grilled sirloin tips with onions and peppers, twice baked potatoes, fresh (first of the season) broccoli with cheese sauce, bread pudding with caramel.
(2)

I have to be at the office by 8:30am to open for business. My scheduled lunch is 11:30am. Sometimes, I leave work 6-6:30pm. Today, I attended an airline's product update at a hotel at 5:30pm. I was hoping they would have some food. It was just small cuts of fruits (pineapple, melons, watermelon - all would affect my acid reflux due to an empty stomach) … and cookies. Drink is ice water, hot coffee or hot tea (teabag). I nibbled on the cookies. I don't like sweets (mom was the baker of the family parties - cakes, pies, cookies, coconut candy, papaya candy, etc...) I couldn't finish the 2nd cookie because my stomach started heaving and my whole body shivered.

I came home at 7:00pm. Sis offered me her microwavable spicy chicken wings. There was only 4 pieces left. I took 2. She cooked so little rice and ate her half of the rice pot section. Tonight, I practically took most of my half of the rice pot. I knew that I would still be hungry with just 2 small pieces of chicken wings and rice. So, I opened a can of corn to help fill up my stomach. Then snacked on a small bag of Doritos. And then a fudgsicle... I'm still hungry...
(4)

I'm sure glad there was more See's in the fridge - I nearly had a panic attack tonight

my car didn't want to start when I left work (late again and alone in the dungeon parking lot) - I hate technology sometimes - don't know if it's the battery or the remote key fob for the push button starter or what but alone at 10 pm in downtown with no one to call was bothering me - grateful that after several tries it turned on
(3)

Mac and cheese with broiled sliced tomatoes on top. Baked chicken, salad. Cut up watermelon, cantaloupe with blueberries. I forgot I planted radishes at the far end of the garden. One of the boys came in with them. They had been in the ground too long, very hot. But they tasted good chopped up fine in salad. I had them all pulled, washed and cleaned.
(3)

We have had stuffed peppers with peppers from the garden, and tonight after her second eye surgery mom ate 1 and 1/2 of tomatoe and bacon sandwich!! Guess after no food since last night she got hungry ( she asked for a 1/2 sandwich,, I went over board and she ate it all!) Tomorrow will be fresh green beans, ham hock and potatoes.. hubs is snapping beans while watching TV. I worked 6 out of the last 8 days ( up at 4AM, home by 830pm), and an hour long phone meeting tonight.. I am beat and he is a good and happy cook,, thank heavens! I am exhausted! Could not even sneak in a nap during her procedure.. the other lady in the waiting room just kept nattering on and on...
(4)

Yesterday, oldest bro invited me to eat out for dinner at a Korean restaurant with his family. Yum! I had steam rice, kalbi, kim chee and spicy thinly sliced potato (??). It sure cleared up my sinus last night!

Tonight, I came home. Sis - dinner was .. hot dog. Hot dog is not dinner. It's a snack. I opened a can of chili. Might as well make it chili dog. Still didn't fill me up. I don't like hot dog. Can't force myself to eat a 2nd one. I think I will go have a fudgesicle.
(3)

Adalbertos burritos (carne asada for hubs-shredded beef and onion/tomato/green pepper for me.) Tortilla chips with hubs' home made salsa, We split a Negro Modelo beer. YUM!
(2)

1 2 3 4 5
Related
Questions