Follow

Sorry to say, but this site has been so depressing for a few days. I thought I'd ask an average, everyday question....to make us all feel a little more normal today.

I made Eggplant Lasagna, and my BIL and SIL are coming for dinner. They leave for Cali tomorrow to see their beautiful grand daughter.

Sorry, sometimes we just need some REGULAR conversation.......or at least THIS caregiver does.

Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
Cashew: My late mother made fudge from the age of 15 to the age of 94.
(5)

Roasted Brussels sprouts and asparagus.
(4)

I made some fudge. It's not dinner but was a nice treat.
(7)

I've got my old favourite, a big pan of roasted vegetables (sweet potato, rutabaga, carrots, onions, parsnips, potato). So good.
(7)

Baked chicken, baked potato, roasted veggies, butterscotch pie.
(6)

hamburger soup
(7)

cheese/chicken tortellini with pesto.
(7)

Went to volunteer fire dept. oyster roast. Very good. Fire dept women’s auxiliary had a bake sale. Bought some cookies.
(5)

OuterBanks, the breakfast sounds so delicious for sure.
(1)

Barb, Your dinner sounds very good.
(3)

Chicken sauteed with onions, carrots and dry sherry. Potato latkes with applesauce.
(6)

Scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, cooked apples w/cinnamon and eggs.
(4)

Linguine with meat sauce and spinach salad.
(6)

Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes and Asparagus, bread pudding.
(4)

Love the comments about the potato cakes! We add stuffing to ours,, hubs made them tonight and they were delish!
(4)

It's not even 4:00 here but I missed lunch and I'm starving so I've got a turkey pot pie in the oven (from the turkey farm I mentioned earlier), should be done in another 20 minutes or so.
(2)

Hallah, that sounds like it is worth trying.
(1)

I love potato pancakes but I wanted to do something different. It came out looking elegant which is amazing for leftovers. lol
(1)

In order to use up leftover mashed potatoes, sometimes my mother would add the same ingredients as she put in potato salad and stir it up. Viola! Mashed potato salad. It was good, tasted the same as the regular potato salad.
(5)

TNtechie, I have to agree about the potato cakes from mashed potatoes.

Many times I will make extra just so I can do cakes as a side for a future meal or a meal by themselves.
(2)

With a microwave, mashed potatoes can be reheated very well but I still fry some potato cakes in the skillet. Just a little butter to create a nice brown crunchy crust, yum!
(3)

made some hamburger patties, baked in oven...then topped them with a patty of left over mashed potatoes, brown gravy, and a little cheese...baked for a bit more.
add side veggies.
Not bad and cleaned out the fridge.
(2)

Tri-tip roast with baked potato, only took an hour in the roaster oven.
Salad is for later.
(4)

Made chicken pot pie. Not my favorite but it turned out good. My husband and son finished it.
(3)

We had a margherita pizza tonight. Mom repeatedly asked me what the sauce was and what the green stuff was (Pesto) and then What kind of sauce...and what's that green stuff...and what kind of sauce is that? rinse...repeat. lol
she really liked it. So...win.
(3)

Homemade turkey soup.
(4)

Chicken noodle soup.
(2)

Chili and spinach salad.
(2)

Home made buttermilk pancakes with Vt pure maple syrup and butter, pumpkin coffee. The crew loved them. Oh so good.
(4)

Leftover turkey sandwich for supper. Gave my neighbor the rest. She didn't fix a turkey yesterday wanted to make some sandwiches and soup.

The green chili enchiladas sound good.
(4)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter