Follow

Sorry to say, but this site has been so depressing for a few days. I thought I'd ask an average, everyday question....to make us all feel a little more normal today.

I made Eggplant Lasagna, and my BIL and SIL are coming for dinner. They leave for Cali tomorrow to see their beautiful grand daughter.

Sorry, sometimes we just need some REGULAR conversation.......or at least THIS caregiver does.

Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
Texas Roadhouse steaks take out as usual. 👍
(2)

Hubs went and bought shrimp,, Yeah!!!
(0)

A change in schedules has me eating dinner alone, or waiting until after 9:45 p.m. to eat. Forgetting to eat at all in the afternoon and evenings, I am hoping to lose a little weight, but low blood sugar leaves me s q u i r r e l y.
There is absolutely NO ice cream left in the house, so I am going to 31 flavors for a taste test. Then, I might stop at ColdStone, where they mash up the flavors together to make it personal.
(4)

Venison roast, carrots and mashed potatoes.
(2)

Broasted Chicken from the grocery or Chicken Fried Steak in the air fryer. Instant potatoes, gravy, peas and a simple green salad. Will prepare everything at my folk's house so Mother can 'help' me cook and we all get a nice hot meal. It's Friday, and I'm not going to start the weekend by overdoing!
(0)

Meant to post this last night, but dozed off early.
Cornish Hens cooked 2 hours in the roaster oven.
They were not done! Another hour and potatoes
with gravy made a meal. Clean up.....is it worth it?

What is worth it, agreeing with Smeshque about eating together:
The table is cleared off, we eat together.
The family that eats together, stays together!
(0)

cheese pizza, and a salad, DH had pepperoni, no salad, and mom had cheese breadsticks, no salad (and strawberry milk) :0
Its so hard for me to get them to eat salad. I'm working on it though.
Next time Mom has blood work done, i am going to ask them if it is pink. :) I told her that today and she thought it was funny.
(6)

Veggie Power Menu burrito from Taco bell with side of chipotle sauce. DH had Arby's Roast beef and curly fries, Mom had ham and cheese sandwich and curly fries(and strawberry milk ):
Wish I could buy a cow that gave strawberry milk.
(5)

Hubs has been cold this week so he cooked up a pot of chicken vegetable soup. We were thinking about eating when a friend unexpectedly dropped by. I served crackers, cheese, olives, chips and Cabernet Sauvignon. I could tell he wasn't leaving quickly when another friend came over (he lives across the street and saw the car of the other friend). Right at this point I got a call from my cousin. After an extended conversation, I came out to the kitchen to find out that the company had left and the soup was all gone! Hubs told them we had eaten and served them heaping bowls with a large French baguette. I had the leftover bread and a glass of wine.
🍷☹️ 🍞
Oh well, Mexican hospitality is awesome. 🇲🇽
(10)

So now I'm really curious about that recipe Gershun 🤔
(3)

Note to self: Don't try new recipes with cayenne pepper, turmeric, tofu, sweet pickle relish etc in it if you don't want to sit on the john all night.

Just saying.................
(5)

Home made chicken, brown rice, vegetable soup. Mm-mm good!!! Maybe I will have a second bowl.
(7)

Steak and spinach enchilada with black beans and veges
(2)

Kosher Ground Sirloin Patty; Cruciferous veggie salad; white and purple cabbage and carrots added, Balsamic vinaigrette dressing mixed with small amount mayonnaise.

Hubs eats later, after work.
(4)

Lol Send that was a good one. Made me giggle, thank you. :)
(1)

I could eat now. The hungrier I get, the squirrlier I get.

Gee Smeshque, how old is that strawberry milk? It is not used up yet?
(1)

Black beans and corn tortillas, Dh had spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, Mom had salad, crackers, and strawberry milk(she loves that strawberry milk) I always wonder if it is because my Dad use to drink it. Because she didn't start drinking it until after he passed.
(3)

Roasted brussel sprouts. surprisingly yummy, easy and satisfying. Got the
cheapo bag from Costco
(2)

Cocoa in my coffee.

Someone left the cherry ice cream out on the counter for two hours. It was me.
Dh enjoyed his cherry shake, using his straw. He said I am a good cook.
(8)

DH Had Venison, Mashed potatoes, wheat roll and some hamburger soup.
I had a kitchen sink salad and cottage cheese.
Mom had a small salad, a piece of venison, and some peanut butter and crackers.

I do not believe we have all ever eaten the same thing. But, at least we eat and eat together.
(4)

Dear Friends,

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone has a wonderful meal!
(6)

My sister and I are making chicken and dressing with our 84 year old mom tomorrow...….she's so excited! Among all the depressing things that are shared.....you are so right...….it's nice to have a positive once in a while to keep us going! Keep your head up!
(5)

Came home from work. Dinner is …. hot dog! sigh... I took out 2 eggs to scramble. Olive oil, fast burning the onions, cracked the 1st egg and automatically dumped it into the pan before I realized it smelled rotten... and now black/brown gooey stuff in the pan, quickly cooking. sigh... dumped it... Lesson learned. I dumped each egg in a bowl before dumping it into the pan with my onions burning. Took the boiled weiner and 'fried' it in the pan after I was done with the egg. Browned it (ahem... fire was too high so it's actually burnt a bit.) Corn chips. And I'm eyeing oldest sis fudgsicle... for 3 days now...
(4)

Book,

after my aunt passed and my uncle needed a caregiver, she made him hot dogs for breakfast!
(4)

2 nights ago, sis made 'dinner'. It was hot dog and can of chili. That's fine. I like chili dog with lots of onions and Tabasco. To help fill me up and last until breakfast, I had a can of soda with 'dinner.'

Lastnight, I came home from work. Hot dog for dinner. I don't like hot dog. I remembered seeing at lunch that day at a Filipino restaurant at the mall. I thought it was strange that they put sliced weiner dog on top of their spaghetti. Hmmmm… I found a microwavable spaghetti in the freezer. Wow... Hot dog does go with spaghetti. Who would have thought?

Tonight, I came home. Guess what's for dinner???? Hot dog. I ate 2 hot dogs (drowned with Tabasco), corn chips and a large cup of ice tea. This is one time I wish we had ice cream.

I'm making lunch/dinner tomorrow. I can guaranty you 150% that we will NOT be having hot dogs.
(6)

Thanks Lu hope you make some potato supreme and like it.
(0)

Thanks for telling me how to make the Potato Supreme smeshque.and I think I'd like the hamburger in it too.It really does sound good and simple too.
And I don't think your'e weird at all because you enjoy getting creative with your double crust pies.I know you bake everything you do with alot of care and love.
Good luck with your dinner tomarrow and all your pie orders ahead~
(1)

Lu- I am not sure there is a pie I haven't baked. I do make an apple pie, and a caramel apple pie. Today I baked some walnut, chocolate cream and pineapple pies. I have a long list of pies for Monday and Wednesday. From pecan, cherry, apple, coconut, and I can't remember the list right now, but you name it I can bake it. Any bread or pie or cookie. Well, anything baked, I do enjoy baking it is kinda therapy and I get to be creative with the crust when it's a double crust. I'm kinda weird I know. :)
And I am so blessed that I am not drawn to all those sweets or I would weigh 500 pounds.
I like more savory and spicy.

Potato supreme- so you boil potatoes whole. Then peel them and grate them. You mix them with sour cream and layer it in a dish alternating potato mix and cheese. However, DH likes it with the addition of hamburger, After you layer it you top it finally with cheese, and bake it until it heated thoroughly and all cheese is melted.
It is quite delicious for such simple ingredients.

Don't normally cook so much, just getting ready for tomorrows dinner for Mom, and then the orders we get, of course is a blessing, but always seem to come when my plate is super full.

Hope you all had a good day.
(4)

Oh yeah smeshque...What kind of pies do you bake?Are they apple?
(1)

Wow smeshque...Youv'e been doing ALOT of cooking!Pies and Tamales and lots of 'em.I bet theyr'e wonderful and that's why you have so many orders.That's something else~
I have never made Potato Supreme...What's in it?It sounds good.
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter