Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
5 6 7 8 9
FF,
I hate when companies change their products and/or they 86 your favorite thing. Like your favorite chocolates and still charge you the same price.

I went into Bath & Bodyworks yesterday to pick up a Christmas present for a friend and thought I would pick up two bottles of my favorite lotion, however, they 86 it. Ugh! Not to mention they only had one bottle of Twisted Pepper, which I bought for my friend!
(1)

My whine of the day.... Whitman's Sampler box of candy. Bought a couple of boxes the other day and much to my surprise the company had changed the variety and amount of the two layers of candy.

Missing now are a lot of pieces, all of which were my favorites such as the chocolate covered cherry... the two chocolate covered crispy peanut butter bars... the second round chocolate with peanuts.... the second chocolate covered individual peanuts, and others. Bummer !! And the box is the same price but with less candy.

If you are buying a box, check the underside of the box which will show you what pieces are now in that box. I didn't do that because I never thought the company would change the variety :(
(4)

That discussion reminds me of when my boys were students living in shared housing - after grumbling for a while about inconsiderate housemates who not only used up all the TP they never seemed to buy any the oldest figured out that the solution was to carry his own private roll to the bathroom, that tip got passed along to his brother.
(4)

Regarding items set at gravestones in a cemetery. My sig-other works in a small cemetery, it's his something to keep busy after retirement job.

He has told me that people will place trinkets at the gravestones only to later have the crows fly off with the items. Fresh flowers become a salad bar for the deer, so the next day one needs to clean up what is left of the flower arrangements. Larger items become a treasure hunt for raccoons and other critters who roam the cemetery at night. Items get dragged all over the cemetery but there is no way to know what gravesites the items came from.

One big problem is whenever there is a storm which has a lot of wind. Items get blown around. Heavy rain storms, items get washed away. Lot of clean up after storms, all items go into a trash bin.

Just food for thought.
(3)

Xray, this is a big pet peeve of mine. I was the one who replaced the roll once I took over the caregiving and household and now if I use the last piece I leave it and I really don't care. I also took a package of toilet paper and put it away secretly for myself and mom. Family told me not to worry they will use leaves if we run out ha ha, I would love to see that.
(3)

Replacing the toilet paper roll used to be my job, until Covid-times messed with that.
Evolving chores, and my dH seeking new heights at which to control someone, or something, he made the mistake of trying to control me. 😊 And knowing he had to find new places to store two months supplies of T.P., I was understanding and patient when he put the supply up wayyy too high for me to reach.

It became his, all his job. I would even help, or change a roll if I could find it, or reach it, or even use the step-stool to climb up. Naw, just not worth it! Lol.

So, he was not this way prior to Covid. But the stress has gotten to him, or maybe it is normal aging?

It was at first embarrassing to be calling out from inside the bathroom.......
"Honey, can you please bring me some T.P.?"

Don't get me wrong, I do love him. And letting him be in control of the toilet paper is the least I can do to help out with his anxieties about it. 🚽🧻️🧻️🧻️🧻️🧻️🧻️🧻️

Lol Jodi! If I hid a roll just for me, I would forget where I hid it......
(6)

Worried,

While I totally get how disconcerting blowing raspberries is during a pandemic, I have to admit that it gave me a good chuckle!!! Thank you!

As for the TP, maybe you could hide a roll just for you, then when someone starts hollering for TP, you can just blow raspberries at them! Lol

I my try that myself!!
(4)

Jodi I can so relate to that LOL! Only it’s not my hubby, he always replaces the roll. It’s my kids, almost always my OLDEST who will be 13 on Christmas Eve who always uses the last roll and doesn’t replace it! My hubby uses the master bathroom which is torn up and going to be updated soon, all that works is the toilet, the kids & I use the hallway bathroom. Every time I go to use the bathroom and see the empty roll, I get so frustrated! The kids know where the TP is kept and neither of them replace the roll! So it always ME who gets stuck replacing it!

My whine moment today. My 8 year old has started blowing raspberries! All day he did. And yesterday too. And the day before. He started doing it Tuesday while we were out running errands. He did it again while running errands yesterday. Clearly this is NOT the time to be blowing raspberries in public! Every time he did, I nearly lost it! Thank God there was never anyone close enough to hear him but d*mn! In today’s climate I am sure at the very least I would get yelled at if someone heard him blowing raspberries. Every time he did it, I wondered if we were either about yelled at or kicked out the store! I really don’t know what has gotten in to him. This morning during “distance learning” he was doing it repeatedly and I tell ya, I am sick of hearing it!
(4)

My "Whine moment " tonight is why is it so freaking hard for my hubby to put a new roll of TP on the holder??? Lol

Ladies (sorry Gents), I know I am not the only one feeling this right now!

It's so frustrating to use the bathroom/Loo only to find nothing but an empty cardboard roll staring you in the face!

C'mon dude!!! Don't leave me hanging! It only takes 20 seconds!!

Just saying!!

Well I guess I should be happy that I still have toilet paper !
(4)

NHWM,

Thanks!! At least I no longer have to wait for my brother to fix her phone account ever again!! This means I am 100% responsible for her now. I'm good with that!!

Golden,
I moved from Colorado to Montana 4 years ago. I will tell ya that I prefer Montana winters over Colorado!! May sound crazy, but where I live, we still get snow, but our temps don't get down to the 25 below 0 that Denver gets.
I haven't used the crampons, but I have considered buying snowshoes to go to the mailbox! Lol
(2)

Need - thx I am careful. I probably should get some crampons (spiked dealies) for my boots. I can always drive to the mailbox even if it isn't far. I do that when it is very cold. I am used to driving in snow and ice. I went out this evening and scraped the driveway so it should all melt the next few days hopefully. There is only a little built up snow on one side. It can stay.
(1)

Golden,

Be careful!

My daughter is going to have to get used to snow!

She seems to be enjoying the distinct seasons.

Colorado is quite a change from Louisiana!
(2)

(((((jodi)))))

My whine is that it is lovely and warm these days but the sidewalks are too slippery to go for a walk. I so wanted to go for a walk. I went to get the mail yesterday and ended up walking on the road as the sidewalks aren't safe.
(2)

Jodi,

I won’t say, “awesome,” okay? That line has been taken by your brother! Hahaha 🤣

I will simply say, terrific! Or wonderful!

Glad you got it taken care of. I am sorry that your brother didn’t show his appreciation like he could have done.

Saying ‘thank you’ really does go a long way. Maybe one day, he will realize this and properly show appreciation.
(2)

Just an update on a previous post!

After 2 and a half hours on the phone with Xfinity, I was finally able to set up my Aunts phone account under my name.
I should be able to call her tomorrow!

Even though my brother was supposed to take care of the mess he made, I figured 2 weeks was long enough!!!

All he had to say was "Awesome " via text.
Not even a simple Thank You!

I guess his time is more valuable than mine!! Total sarcasm!!!
(3)

Josaphina,
Welcome to the Forum. Here you will get such wonderful support from most of the caregivers on this site.
(5)

Worried & Early,
It just shows us that people will steal anything and from anywhere. What low lives to steal from a grave site or steal some lady's purse in a store. And Early, I can't blame you for not shopping at Macy's anymore, I wouldn't shop there anymore either. Early, I am sorry that you had your purse stolen.

I am sorry Worried that someone did that to your family.
(4)

worriedincalif, I am so sorry that the thieves had the nerve to take that special picture frame. I would report it to the head of the cemetery. When my dad passed we bought a beautiful red candle holder we lit every holiday. The holder was deep into the ground and we had it for almost 18 years. It was stolen. I have not purchased another one as of yet , not sure if I will. Two years ago around Christmas thieves stole my purse off my mothers w/c while shopping for Christmas presents. I had special photos in my wallet and other important things as well as about $2,000. I usually don't carry that much cash but was paying a bill that my brother charged on my charge account for truck repair. I was furious, got the police involved, looked at the surveillance camera at Macy's but no luck, camera was not in the back of the store. Macy's did nothing and we were very good customers. We do not shop at that store any longer but we shop for most of our items now at JCP and feel more comfortable. My problem is I trust too much, now I carry my debit only when shopping and look out for thieves. Again so sorry this happened to your family.
(3)

Wow, my 1st visit on this sight, and 1st thing I read. (Probably the”Whine”). And it seems to be my current life story. Life revolving around someone else’s 3meals
(2)

Cali,

That’s awful! So sorry.

People have stolen at our cemetery too. Even the flowers.
(1)

Cali,

I'm so sorry that someone would do that!! I guess there's accounting for the depths that people will sink to! But stealing from a gravesite is as low as it gets!!

How wonderful that you make a special event of decorating MILs headstone!! It's heartwarming!!

Hang in there!! (((Hugs)))
(1)

Jodi, I think most of us agree with you!!

My whine moment today.....today I went to visit my MIL & decorate her headstone for christmas and SOME STUPID THIEVING GRINCH!!!! Has stolen the special outdoor picture frame from her grave!! Who in the world does that??? It is a simple handmade frame that my husband stained & it is secured to the ground by a stake, it does not fall over and cannot blow away. It has been there for 2.5 years and I go out to the cemetery today and it is gone! So that was very very upsetting especially when my husband confirmed that no one in the family has taken it & I had to tell them the picture is gone. The picture inside was of my MIL and her 6 siblings posing together in the late 1980s-yes big poofy hair, leather jackets, tight jeans. Great picture. But if it really was stolen, I am sure it wasn’t for the picture LOL!
(6)

Xray,
Couldn't had said it any better.
(2)

Jodi......which reminds me of when my mother says, "I know I shouldn't say this BUT...." Then goes on to say it, as if prefacing the statement with the 'I Know I Shouldn't BUT' bit of B.S. makes it ok. Kind of like adding a Blessing onto a Curse, huh? 😑
(4)

Jodi,

Yep! It’s truly sickening. It’s also sickening that a few people support their nonsense and attack others who call them out. They are hypocrites too!

I hope that you don’t get nasty private messages filled with lies and foolishness like I did.

I know my heart and that is what matters the most.

I respect how you feel. It’s sad to see that certain posts are not deleted by the moderators. I report them as soon as I see them. I know others do too.

Sometimes I wonder if they are even legitimate posters due to the content of the messages.

I also hate the patronizing, condescending, self righteous, attitude too! The ‘blessing’ at the end is unnerving.

I wonder how often they polish their halo! Hahaha
(2)

My "Whine Moment " today is people that reply to posts with a healthy serving of condescendtion peppered with judgment then topped with a dollop of blessings (as if that makes everything ok!!)

As a Christian, it makes me sad to realize that this is the very reason some people think Christians are hypocrites!!
(4)

(((((Bridger))))) such good news that you all have weathered the storm and come out ok.

((((((Pam)))) so happy for you all. Yay - a competent and compassionate professional for your mum!!!!

(4)

Pam, wonderful news. I bet you feel some relief. I am so happy for your mom and you. Wishing both of you a healthy and Happy New Year. Hugs.
(3)

Pam,
That is great news! It sounds like everyone is on the same page with you. That's awesome!!
(2)

Great news, Pam! She must be glad to be home.

I find NP’s to be extremely knowledgeable and caring.
(1)

5 6 7 8 9
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter