Follow
Read More
1 2 3 4 5
Funky, nasty weather today. DH left to bring our daughter to the airport to go to Colorado. Her flight was delayed because we have a tornado warning until 9:00pm tonight.

We have our granddog while our daughter is in Colorado.
(2)

Need: That is good. I am feeling fair - never great. Thanks for asking.
(2)

Sometime we may due slight changes, such as I don't wear eye makeup any more. Since cataract surgery I can't see up close, plus I have a slight head/hand tremor that comes and go.... any eyeliner I would try to put on would look like an EKG print-out.
(4)

So, the rain hasn’t stopped here today. I think we may start to mildew! It’s been funky all day!
(2)

It’s interesting how some people are easily recognizable. My husband gets recognized by people who knew him since he was a young child. He still looks pretty much the same.

I stopped coloring my hair and it’s just about all silver! My husband’s is salt and pepper.

Anxiety, yep! I like variety in life too. but I do understand that some people take comfort in their same routines.

I know people who take the same vacations too. It’s what they like. I wouldn’t want to do DisneyWorld year after year like they do.

To each his/her own. We should remain true to ourselves.
(1)

No worries Anxietynacy, like I said I no longer g.a.d. 😜
(3)

Cwillie,

One persons yuck is another persons
yum.

No judgement here, hope that didn't come across that way
(2)

🙋‍♀️ I'm one of those people who hasn't really changed, I vaguely remember the style conscious young woman I once was but now I really don't give a d***
(6)

Oh needs help, I agree with you there about people not changing. I think because Im a bit of a people watcher, and see how easy it is when you get older to get set in your ways . I have a friend they go on vacation every year, to the same place, goes to the same restaurants, and goes to the same store, to by the same perfume, she has bought for ever. That is just who they are and find comfort in it.
Maybe I find it so boring because I'm a Sagittarius, not sure but that would be so boring to me
(2)

Llama,

Thanks! I did take Tylenol when I got home. How have you been feeling?
(1)

There was one bright spot that happened during our time at Sam’s today.

My husband and I finished our shopping while waiting for our tires to be placed on the car.

We parked our shopping cart next to the patio furniture and decided to sit in a comfortable spot and I spotted an old friend of mine that I hadn’t seen in years.

I told my husband, ‘Look, that’s Paul and his wife.’ So, I called out to him and he came over to me and gave me a big hug.

Then he said, “I just told Liz that I spotted y’all and she said, ‘No, that’s not them, but it kind of looks like them! LOL 😆

We chatted for a while and Paul was asking me about others who we hung out with. Some people I still see, others I don’t. Anyway, we decided to get in touch with everybody and get together for dinner soon.

I find it amazing that some people never change no matter how many years go by. They still look pretty much the same as before! Paul and Liz look great! They haven’t aged much. Gosh, it has to be at least a 12 or more years since I have seen them.

All of our kids are grown and living all over the place. It was fun hearing about some of my friends that I lost touch with because they moved further away from us.

Gosh, I feel so old sometimes when I hear about my friends’ grandkids! We don’t have any grandkids. Our girls are still single and don’t appear to be in any rush to settle down and have kids!

You know what else I find funny, that some people NEVER change their hairstyle, EVER! Liz’s hair is styled the exact same way as before. In all of the years that we hung out together she always wore it the same way!

I guess some people don’t feel a need to change their hair. I would have been bored to death not ever changing things up once in a while.
(2)

Need: Hope your headache goes away. Can you take Tylenol?
(1)

Oh, Golden…

I definitely can’t blame my clumsiness on my kids. I can be klutzy all on my own! LOL 😆
(5)

If my DH spills on his shirt he says , “ I’m saving a snack for later”
(4)

Oh dear, need. Hope you get your car sorted out. I used to blame the kids for my spills when they were young. Then they grew up and I still did it some times - always on a clean top!!!
(3)

Need, hope your day improves 😱

I used to have an organge-red swirly top I especially wore to eat Italian food in 😜

I have a large collection of scarves - just love them, all seasons (wool, silk, cotton). I often wear a scarf to a restuarant too. Hides a lot 🤣🤣
(3)

Sorry but.... 🤣🤣🤣
(3)

Just got home. Have a freaking headache!

So, we went to Sam’s Club to have new tires put on and change some sensors.

Well…the tires are fine but somehow they screwed up the doing the sensors and now the interior lights are flashing on and off!

For some reason, they said that they couldn’t figure it out and put the old sensors back in. They weren’t able to stop the interior lights to stop flashing. Extremely annoying on the ride home.

Sam’s told us to take the car to the dealership and they will reimburse us. The manager wasn’t there to confirm this so, going to call tomorrow to see if that’s true or not. Hopefully, it is.

Skipped breakfast and by the time we finished with the tires we were starving and decided to stop and eat Italian food.

I was wearing a white blouse and jeans. Spilled spaghetti sauce on my blouse. I tried to clean it up in the bathroom of the restaurant but I just created a smeared mess! LOL 😝

I have never been good at removing tomato based stains. Grrrrrr….
(2)

Golden,

I have purple orchids. I love them. They are beautiful flowers.

My Japanese Magnolia tree is in full bloom too. So are my sasanquas. I planted those to have a burst of color in the cooler weather.
(3)

Need -orchids in bloom!!! Good for you. Once we are better settled and no more furniture is coming in I want to try growing orchids. I never have. I had a nail lady in Fort Mc who had many orchids in her living room in an east facing window. They bloomed and bloomed and were gorgeous.

Re colours I love them but need a calm environment with the CFS/FM. so I have to do with touches of colour here and there but not much.
(3)

Golden,

I am with you on having easier maintenance with flooring and everything else!

If we can make our lives easier on us, that’s the best way to go.

I used to like cooler colors now I prefer warmer tones or a mix of both.

All of my plants are doing well so far. Knock on wood 🪵! My orchids are in full bloom again. They were dormant for a while. I thought I had killed them!
(3)

One long haired human, one short haired human and one long haired cat. She makes more mess than I do but she's worth it. The long cat hair tends to clump so you can get it up more easily.

Re paint. I have a beige here and I like it but boy it changes colour with the light and reflects the green of the plants which I don't like. Other than that it's a good colour. When I get the place repainted I'll go for a warm cream. The experts say white walls with a lot of plants but that wouldn't work for me. The windows face east so I want something brighter than beige.

Ana - I don't trust those GFI plugs. Sometimes they are OK, sometimes not.

My goals with floors and really everything is to make less work for myself so I can manage here as long as possible.

On another whine note the dishwasher is past its prime and I need a new one. I just put a new one in the house in Fort Mc. 🤔 I have to hand wash everything here before I put it in the dishwasher. It's a good time to buy appliances so I should get to it. One store will install and take the old one away so that's where I'm buying.
(4)

Pam,

Glad you like the color that you chose.

It really depends on the lighting in the rooms too.

There are so many paint colors to choose from!

I just looked up your color. It looks like a nice shade.
(2)

Need its called Kilem Beige. Thought it looked dark on the sample but it looks great on the walls!
(4)

Way, that’s why I called an electrician. The outlet is 4 years old (kitchen reno). Screws not recessed - figured GFI had shifted and touched the box as one screw was burnt. Vacuum motor tested zero resistance, like a short. Thought the GFI short killed the vacuum. Only then it tested appropriate resistance. Installed new GFI with recessed screws, vacuum worked fine but outlet smoked and burned. Breaker didn’t trip. 5 year old $$$ Dyson and we don’t want to keep guessing the origin of the issue. Time for a pro!
(4)

2 long haired humans, 2 short haired giant dogs, 1 medium haired cat. Carpet, laminate, ceramic tile and linoleum. My poor vacuum. We always have 2 or 3 dogs because they romp together (we’re rural) and tire each other. It’s difficult now because the rescue is swamped with unsocialized pandemic puppies that need to be the lone dog.
(3)

My daughter has a Siberian husky who sheds so much when he’s blowing his coat! My vacuum gets a workout when he visits.

My daughter bought a vacuum cleaner specifically made for pet hair to clean her house. Every now and then she talks about getting a second dog. Geeeeez! Cleaning up after one dog is enough!

When I go to the dog park I am amazed at how many people own more than one dog.

I have never had more than one dog or cat at the time in my house.

I did have more than one cat when I was a kid because my friend down the street would bring kitties to my house every time her mom said that she couldn’t keep them.

My mom kindly told my friend to stop bringing kittens to our house but she let me keep the kittens! LOL 😆
(2)

Ana,
I’m no electrician . But that sounds odd . Could turning on the vacuum be killing the GFIs ? Maybe the circuit breaker that GFI is on needs to be replaced .
One time we needed a new circuit breaker that the large voltage outlet for the clothes dryer was tied to.
The dryer would not go on unless I kept pushing the button for awhile first . I thought it was the dryer . Then the breaker started to trip when I tried to start the dryer . Then I knew the circuit breaker was the problem .
(2)

Way, what an odd (and annoying) coincidence. I was vacuuming, GFI outlet smoked (looked like it shifted and shorted in the box), vacuum croaked, got different motor readings on the voltmeter, replaced the GFI with a new, better design, plugged in the vacuum and it ran, new GFI smoked and melted when it should have tripped... now looking up local electricians....
(4)

Golden ,

I use a dirt devil on the stairs because it’s smaller and lighter . That’s what broke . I have a bigger vacuum for the rest .
My cat has short hair . But when my daughter lived at home her long hair was a vacuum killer !!!
(4)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter