Follow

I'm tired of cooking/preparing 3 meals a day. It's just the two of us but boy oh boy can that woman eat!! She stays slimish, I get fattish. It's bad enough I do everything here much less start making her one thing and me the other. At times I feel guilty when I buy her fast food cuz of the nutritional value....not to mention I eat it too.

Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
I see my dad 4 hours a day, he won't wear his hearing aids, tv blaring so loud, talks over me and my sister trying to micromanage what I do while she is 1200 miles away, I'm burned out and pissed
(3)

What the heck! I try to copy links on this site to questions on this site and all that will copy is Agingcare.com. This sure makes it impossible to help others by directing them to another page that they may find helpful.

What's up with that, Admin?!
(4)

Today's whine moment ... mom got a zoom call with maybe nine relatives on at once that wished her a happy birthday. I explained earlier that zoom with multiple callers tend to confuse her. I end up repeating everything said and telling her how to respond (say thank you, etc). It makes everyone feel good and makes me exhausted. I didn't arrange it and the one who arranged it was given credit and high fives for arranging this "loving gesture". I don't expect to hear from the loving gesturers again until next birthday if there is one. I know I must sound bitter but I'm not. I know that mom sits in silence, for the most part, and has hoped for calls in the past but gave up. 'We don't want to expose you to the virus' doesn't mean that a meal can't be dropped off, or a birthday card sent by grandchildren, or some acknowledgment that she is still living. I guess that is what to expect in old age .. to be greeted electronically.
(6)

Thanks GA. I'm getting there. . I just feel a bit like an idiot for what I did but thankfully it's not hurting anyone else and its manageable/fixable in one way or another.

Really these are first world troubles. I have a house and heat and light, water and food and my bills are paid and I am still largely independent and reasonably healthy. That's a lot to be thankful for and I am.
(9)

Golden, I hope the rest of the day and week are better for you, and that life goes more smoothly for you.
(4)

Yes Chris - well moisturized indeed. lol

Thx glad - I already ordered the refurbished small laptop. I loved that little one I "moisturized." It doesn't have some bell and whistles, like a camera, but was fine for what I needed. Some of its functions may still be OK. We will see. I will leave it covered with rice till tomorrow.
(4)

Golden, I expect your back up laptop is now beautifully moisturised.
(2)

Amazon has 10" fire tablet on sale, $ 50.00 off for the next few hours.
(3)

In case you're wondering, it isn't there anymore. It didn't work.
(4)

Just to give the context, the rosewater and glycerin was by the bed as rose scent is supposed to be calming.
(3)

Many thanks to the online technician who told me two days ago that my main computer is riddled with infection (harks back to the time my dd and dgs moved in - sigh), Fortunately it is still usable, but it needs to go for repair.

This morning I poured rosewater and glycerin on my small backup laptop. It wasn't intentional. In my early morning fog I thought it was lotion which doesn't pour as freely.

The small laptop is now covered with rice. I don't think that will work for glycerin though I know from experience it soaks up water; however, it is worth a try. Otherwise it is not worth fixing as it was cheap.

There are no reliable computer technicians in this city so my infected laptop will have to be sent out for several weeks. Thank you, Staples.

I have ordered a refurbished (cheap) replacement for the small laptop.

Oh, and to top the day I had only enough Synthroid tablets to last until I speak to the Dr for a refill. As I was counting them this morning, I dropped one and - whoosh - it's gone in hiding. I have hardwood floors!!! I saw where it dropped, but it has disappeared.

I hope this adds up the three as I don't need any more aggravations.

BTW, I plan on having a good day anyway!
(8)

Seven calls to four clients yesterday on the late round (2pm to 10pm), and they were ALL being VERY NAUGHTY.
👿
I have to do my handover notes now, and we're not allowed to say things like that.

"Despite encouragement and reassurance, client declined support to transfer..."
(6)

I like this thread - I come here to whine, and then before I can post you've all already cheered me up :)
(7)

I am starting to think my autocorrect is hexed! Hahaha 🤪

I proofread, looks okay. I read it later and it’s like it made a stupid autocorrection after I click post comment! By the time I see it, the edit time is up! Grrrrrrrr.

Anyone else have this occur on their iPhone?
(1)

If we combine what we learn from the "What's for dinner?" string with this string, we could all have a grand old " 'whine' and cheese party"!
(6)

You’re very welcome, Bob.
(0)

Thanks, NHWM--I had never heard of "optomap" so I'll read about it.
(1)

I missed or had forgotten that your mom had covid last spring BootShop 😮. Do they plan on doing surgery or anything special about her break? If not I think I would be insisting she be returned to her home asap, surely they could do as much as the hospital, and probably do it better. Stay safe.
(1)

The Road trip with Rosie took a bad turn. She fell in the M.C. and broke the outside top of her femur bone up by the hip. While SHE has had covid19, I have not. She was taken to the big city hospital where I immediately got a phone call from the E.R & M.C. Please come up here they said. So the no visitor policy is only for people who are not crazy. If your a wild one, They want your keeper here lol! Pronto! So I'm on day 3 of the 100 mile round trip which is no problem. The problem is I'm smack dab in the middle of Covid19 land. Also enjoying that fun activity called hospital psychosis from morphine. A little prayer for us both wouldn't hurt my peeps! Love, Boots
(8)

Bob,

I had psyched myself up to go and get it over with. Hahaha!

Not saying that I am not a wuss. I still am but I do want it over with.

You should do what my husband does next time you go to the eye doctor and get the optomap technology in your eye exam.

It costs $20 more but my husband says it’s worth it!

It allows the doctor to see more of the retina and save digital images for future eye exams.

My husband hates having his eyes dilated too. It bothers him long after the exam is over so he jumped at taking advantage of the newer technology.

My hubby has horrible eyesight!

Pam, you should do it too. Go to optomap.com if you want to read about it. No more behaving like a vampire! LOL
(4)

Jacobsonbob,, I am the same way. Just try to get home safely and then hide in the house like a vampire...
(4)

NHWM--Did you feel a bit relieved, or just eager to get it over and done?

I had an eye appointment today--everything looks fine, but it seems that when I get the dilation drops, my eye stays completely dilated for the rest of the day, making it difficult to do much more than the little bit I'm doing right now. After the appointment (2 hours), I "drove by faith, not by sight".
(5)

Geeeez, for some reason I thought my shingles shot was today. It’s not. It’s Wednesday, the 20th. Good thing that I double checked!

I was about to drive over and decided to check my portal and saw the nurse visit is scheduled for Wednesday.
(1)

Bridger,

Your hubby must be proud of Brady for turning things around for Tampa. They are going to the super bowl!

Wish the Saints were playing in the super bowl but I don’t want to be a sore loser. So I will be happy for the Brady fans.

Hope you are having a great time in Georgia!

My husband only has one more radiation treatment left for his prostate cancer. Then three more hormone treatments spread out every six months.

We hope to take a trip to Colorado to see our daughter when the doctor allows him to travel.
(0)

Brady known in Boston as “The Goat”. My husband’s all time favorite. I’m not a sports fan.
(1)

NOLA Saints blew the game! We got to the playoffs, Tampa won. They played a good game.

Brady showed up, Taysom had a knee injury so he couldn’t play, Drew played.

We messed up several plays, Tampa was on their game and beat us. So we don’t get to play in the super bowl, sad 😞.

Geeeeez, Brady is 43, Brees is 42! Might be the end for Brees. I still love Drew Brees! Just wish we would have won this game.

Tampa has a right to be very excited. We beat them the first two games.

Great comeback for Tampa. It’s been a long time since they have been in the super bowl.
(0)

Grrrrrrr,

Doesn’t look like we are going to win. Tampa is beating us. Not much time left in the game. Tampa 30 and Saints 20.

Oh well...
(0)

Watching the game, eating my piece of king cake. So what if it’s not a healthy dinner!

I love king cake and it is helping me feel like Mardi Gras is still alive in my soul, even though Mardi Gras is canceled due to COVID.

Grrrrrrr! Tied score against Tampa Bay.

Saints have to win this game. Geaux NOLA SAINTS!

WHO DAT! Ooooh, we just scored! Saints 20, Tampa 13.
(1)

NHWM--I had my second shingles (Shingrix) shot a week ago. I didn't feel so great the next day and my arm was sore, but by the following day I felt fine. My arm was a bit sore for a couple more days, but less each day. The reaction to the second shot was no worse than the reaction to the first.
(2)

NeedHelp, I hope everything turns out for the good when you get your second injection. Prayers sent to you.
(2)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter